“Spectacular”

Red Lion Hotel Kalispell
Ranked #8 of 20 Hotels in Kalispell
Reviewed May 1, 2012

We just had a Boy's week out golfing around the Kalispel area. The Red Lion Hotel was there for everyone of our request and we had a few. I would like to thank Lisa and her team for a spectacular experience. 10 out of 10.

Room Tip: Pick the Red Lion and Lisa's team will take care of you.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
MrTietema, Front Office Manager at Red Lion Hotel Kalispell, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2012

Glad to hear that we could assist in making the boy’s week away such a great time, if you have any group pics we would love to see them and share them with our social media site fans. Our team thanks you for allowing us to be a part of such a memorable experience and know we are always here for any future getaways.

Reviewed April 30, 2012

My experience at this hotel was great. It was clean, welcoming, and comfortable. It was quiet which is a big plus for me when I am traveling and I was able to work from my hotel room via the free wifi with very little trouble. The staff is willing to help meet your needs in a positive manner. The breakfast was great, I loved the omelet, and the room was comfortable. This is a great place to stay when visiting the area. I will visit again!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for your comments regarding all different aspects of your stay as we are always focusing our efforts on making every guest feel as comfortable and welcomed as can be expected when not at home. We look forward to your return to the hotel and as always if there is anything we can assist you with……just ask as though your at home.

Reviewed April 27, 2012

I'm a repeat business customer and have never had any bed bug problems at the Kalipsell Red Lion.
It's clean and fairly quiet (although I sleep with the fan running at every hotel I stay).
It's handy having a mall attached to the hotel!
The king bed in my room was definitely showing its age. Soft and a little saggy in the middle. But it didn't cause me any lost sleep.
The one thing that amazes me in this day and age is there are no HDTVs in the rooms. Still old 27-inch tube TVs. Come on, spend a little money and upgrade the TVs (although I have found very few hotels with HDTVs that actually have HD service. Maybe one or two channels, but that's it).

The free breakfast is typical "hot" breakfast found at most lower to mid-grade hotels. Sausage, bacon, potatoes, breads, pastries, cereal, etc. There is an omelet station where they'll make you fresh eggs/omelets. Although, one morning, the guy working there was kind of creepy and every opportunity he had, I think he was out the back door having a smoke...he reeked of smoke and each time he disappeared, I kept catching whiffs of smoke.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for your review of our hotel and your overall pleasure with the property. Your suggestions and concerns of areas to improve in have been noted and we will take these into consideration to continue to improve and compete in our local market. We hope to see you in the future and once again thank you.

Reviewed April 4, 2012

Booked the Red Lion on Hotwire and got a pretty good rate. Trip was intended to get a couple days of R&R and do some shopping. Some good deals to be had as there is no tax in Montana and prices of some goods are considerably better than in Canada. Kalispell is not overly busy and easy to navigate and get around. Enough bigger name and big box stores to satisfy most shopping needs.

The hotel itself is centrally located in Kalispell. It is a bit dated but served us well. The room was quiet as I dont believe it was very busy, based on the number of cars parked in the parking lot. Our room faced the inner court yard so we heard no outside traffic noise. Staff was friendly and complimentary breakfeast was great. I guess if I had one complaint it would be that the hot tub is small and old and should be upgraded. Old school TV's, no flat screens. Wireless internet connection was good. Nice that the windows could open to get some fresh air. I would book the hotel with the best rate if visiting Kalispell as I believe the hotels in the 3 star range are all comparable and none are head and shoulders above the rest.

Room Tip: Top floor facing inner court yard would be preferred. King size bed preferred over Queen. Felt cra...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank paulrazman

It’s always great to have our neighbors to the North come down for a visit and we can’t wait for our local merchants to get the software to allow for the Canadian debit cards to be used all over Kalispell.

Thank you for the beneficial review of not only our hotel, but also the local shopping scene for those that have never been here. We look forward to any future visits you might have planned and hope we can always make every experience a positive one.

Reviewed March 30, 2012

I booked the room by Hotwire, which I never used the site before but it got us the room at Red Lion for a pretty good deal. We got very top floor which I love. The room we were in was pretty much over the lobby I never heard one noise while our stay there, it was like we were the only ones on the top floor. The rooms were very clean and had lots of room. The big king bed was my fav since I only have a queen it was a nice treat. The hot tub was cold I think the pool might have been warmer but one other guest had told us the same thing but just ask and they will come fix it ASAP it was great. I love the outside hot tub. The only thing I might ask to change is the silly orange street lights in the pool area it makes it hard to see around in there when it gets darks. The front desk gal was great and friendly the lobby was very pretty love the outdoor look they brought in the hotel. and the breakfast was very yummy pretty good for hotel food! For those shoppers dont get to excited about the mall theres not much there find something to do outside like woodland and go feed the ducks!! HAVE FUN!!

Room Tip: I may ask not to have a room above the outside hot tub area since its open until 11pm I can see how...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank LaShawna M

We always welcome those internet savvy bookers looking for a deal and keep in mind that our redlion.com site has great deals year round also.

Thank you for your great review of the property as a whole and painting a vivid picture of the entire property for your fellow TripAdvisor users.

Reviewed March 27, 2012

We had a good weekend. Most of the staff was great!! The hot tub was cold a few times during the weekend but we asked at the front desk and they warmed it up for us :) Would definitely stay there again. The front desk manager was super friendly! Thanks everyone for the good stay!!!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Courtney H
MrTietema, Front Office Manager at Red Lion Hotel Kalispell, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2012

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to complete a review on our property, glad to hear you enjoyed your overall experience with us. We look forward to your return visit and I hope to meet you in person.

Reviewed March 19, 2012

You cant beat a $65 an eve deal, incl breakfast for a family, no matter what. Conveniently attached to the mall as well, a big plus. A bit noisy though, but calmed down when gone to sleep. A good deal though.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank IslandVisit0r

WOW it sounds like you got a great deal on your stay with us, it’s always nice to save money! 

Thank you for your review of our unique hotel connected to the Kalispell Center Mall, we hope your family had a great time enjoying everything the town had to offer.