“not a great stay”

FairBridge Inn & Suites And Outlaw Convention Center
Ranked #13 of 20 Hotels in Kalispell
“not a great stay”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

we stayed at this hotel because it was 100.00 cheaper than many others. Most were 250.00 a NIGHT.
We were going to Glacier national park on Labor day weekend so it's peak season.
The person at front desk was
very nice. Decor was nice/rustic. We have an 8 week old puppy. when we got to our room stains all over the carpet, our puppy went under the bed and brought out a bottle cap that he could have swallowed and then brought out what looked like an eaten baby biscuit. TV was old. We did not get a handicapped room but our sink was very low and I am 5"4 and I had to duck in the shower. There bathtub was all chipped. We were staying in a room that should have been 50.00 a night not 150.00. The next day we went to Glacier national park and had a great day in the park and when we got back around 6pm our room had not been serviced! We were exhausted and laying in bed when housekeeping knocked on our door and asked if we wanted service. Really. This
was such a dated hotel. You would think the money they make during peak season would allow them to do some major update. Would not stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank momfm

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed September 3, 2013

That place is huge and very outdated.
Location in the middle of Kalispell is quite good .
The only staff member at the desk was very courteous, even though he was very busy. There should be more than a single staff member at check in for such large a large hotel.
The room had been clean OK by the room service. But there was many scratches on the wall, in the bath tub. Some old water damage were still apparent in the bathroom.
There was a note in the room stating that, under new ownership, a renovation had started on the outside since June and rooms will be updated this fall. But something that should be easy to replace as the doormats on the entrance of the buildings were still quite disgusting. Maybe next year it will be better...

Room Tip: I would certainly not pay $100 or more for a room here. Currently, it looks like a 30$ a night motel...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Jean J

Travelers are raving about these Kalispell hotels

Darby, Montana, United States
Reviewed September 1, 2013

our room had a re-made bed, crumbs in the sheets and marks, bathroom towel had been used..when i called front desk to talk to manager and have her call me back, she left..I would too if i were here, so going to the front desk told them i would turn this filth into health inspector, they said they were just here 2 weeks ago, and yes i think they would have been, the room also had an old report form from the 17th of the month the maids didn't turn in as i am sure they won't mine either..163.00 for this sickens me..offer a discount give a clean room and a free night..no professionals here..look at the ratings, my advice stay in your car if you have to no matter how dirty it may be it won't compare to this hotel 10 thumbs down..rude staff...

Room Tip: don't choose this hotel....
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Trudi S
Bigfork, Montana
Reviewed August 23, 2013

I was amazed at how filthy this hotel was. I am a local and have a vacation rental nearby on Flathead lake. Several times a year I stay at local establishments to get away from the bustle and also to see what's out there, I regularly send callers else where when I am booked. I will not be sending anyone to the Outlaw Inn. The first room I was given was on the back side of the "hotel" across from an area that looked just like the hotel, I was told later it was "housing". There were creepy people hanging around outside, did not feel safe. The hallways stunck of cigs, and dogs were barking in two different rooms. As I approached my room, there was a trail of trash to the door!. Inside it smelled of cigs as well, the toilet seat when lifted had dark hair all over the bowl area. The tub was dirty and had hair in it as well, as did the sink. The pillow case was stained and there were large stains in the old carpet. I called the front desk 3x and could not get an answer so I walked over. Many of the rooms had bedspreads for curtains?? I was given another room....still hair in the tub and sink, but it didn't smell as bad, was in a little better part of the "hotel" and I was tiered and from what I could tell Kalispell was pretty booked up that night. It is the only place I have worn socks and would not go barefoot in the room in my life. It was gross.The bed was comfortable but that was about it. At 10:30 pm I had a knock on my door, it was the manager, I don't know what he wanted but he was surprized I was there and apologized for bothering me. At 8:30 am I had house keeping doing the same thing, check out is at 11. Oh well, I wasn't into staying anyway. Don't stay here, it's really bad.

Room Tip: Don't stay here, period. Filthy.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank JanesPlaceMontana
Canada
Reviewed August 23, 2013

We stayed at the Outlaw Inn in July 2013. When we checked in we were given a price of $160.00 a night. They were reluctant to have us pay in cash so we put the bill on our credit card. When we returned home to Canada, we found we had been charged $204.23 for the room. We stayed at this motel because we were reluctant to spend that much and so were willing to accept the poorer quality of this motel. Had we realized that this is how tourists were treated, we would have gladly stayed at the Hilton for very few more dollars then we were dishonestly charged at this place. I would strongly advise NOT staying at this motel. Probably sleeping in your car would be better.

Room Tip: Go anywhere but here.
Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank LyWag
Hoofddorp, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
Reviewed August 21, 2013

We have been to numerous hotels in the past and of course not all hotels are the same, but this is the worst hotel ever.
Booked it on our honeymoon and ask for a king/queen bed, but room we got had single beds, pizza on the floor and macaroni under one of the beds - so clearly not cleaned.
Went back to reception to ask for other room, clerk said no rooms available anymore.
After contact with house keeping, there still seems to be a room available which was hold for family of clerk if they were visiting.
Paid more than USD 110 a night would expect a little more customer comprehension in this case.
Never got an excuse - went to Hilton garden inn next day, since we did not want to stay any longer in this hell holl.
And to be honest I never ever complain, so this is really serious.
Avoid hotel........very dangerous for your health among other things.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Natasja B
summerville, or
Reviewed August 20, 2013

This place was filthy. The tub/shower was dirty and the carpet was stained. We were kept awake most of the night by parties going on. Way overpriced, $178 for two queens. Continental breakfast was a joke.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family