“Better than average”

Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in Kalispell
Alberta
“Better than average”
Reviewed May 27, 2014

It's well-located, near a new High School and a new shopping area that has everything, between downtown Kalispell and Flathead. The shops are within easy walking distance. My only real gripes were that the fridge was a bit on the noisy side, but then again they always are and the AC unit was directly next to the bed which means you have to turn it off if you expect to get any sleep. But on the other hand - there was a fridge and a microwave which they often don't have in these hotels. The food offered was better than I was expecting as well. I think you'd be hard-pressed to find anywhere better in the area to be honest, unless you want to pay silly amounts of money. The wifi appeared to be a bit flaky, I think it was just overloaded, but it did work. I think the main point is that the bed was decent and I could sleep! Bear in mind it is a Holiday Inn Express, not the Four Seasons.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
BrandonPeterson, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kalispell, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Thank you so much for the review! I'm glad to hear you got to enjoy some of our great local shopping as well as some of our amenities! I do apologize about the noise in the fridge, I will have my maintenance department take a look at that and get it resolved. Thanks again for choosing us and we look forward to seeing you in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada
Reviewed May 13, 2014

We went to go and check into this hotel. We had a coupon that was walk in only. When we went to use our coupon the staff member told us that we could not use the coupon because "we can get rid of those rooms at full price". I get that. I do understand. However, being a customer, I would rather a coupon than full price. No where on that coupon did it say I could not use the coupon if they could get rid of the rooms at full price. No where did it say it was up to the discretion of the staff member. She said they had a room for $179 per night for us. I then said I had a coupon and she said they wouldn't take it. So we left and got a room elsewhere.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Dawn T
BrandonPeterson, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kalispell, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I want to apologize for the issues you had during your stop into our hotel. Unfortunately that coupon is based on availability, and once we hit a certain percentage full a lot of our discounts (including the coupon) are not available. Please contact me at your earliest convenience at bpeterson@impressguest.com so we can further discuss this. Thank you again.
Cranbrook, BC
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Darn the train blocked the road and we didn't know about the detour so back to Kalispell we went and stopped in here. THey gave us a walk in rate that was very reasonable and I was so grateful! We had a good sleep in a nice room. We woke up to 6 inches of snow.....but that's another tale.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
BrandonPeterson, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kalispell, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
Thank you so much for the great review! I'm so glad to hear the staff took great care of you and were able to get you in at a reasonable rate. Unfortunately the weather here in Kalispell can take a mind of it's own though! Thanks again for choosing us and hope we are your stop next time you're in Kalispell!
Reviewed April 30, 2014

The Holiday Inn Express is such a great place with nice, clean rooms and the most accommodating staff I have ever met! I travel for work and have stayed at many hotels all over the Northwest and you simply cannot find a more friendly staff anywhere! Beth and the whole crew up there make every effort to make sure everyone has a truly enjoyable stay. A great breakfast offering and evening meals Monday through Thursday - plus you just can't beat the milk and cookies in the evening!

Room Tip: I suggest staying on the "front" side of the building. Many of those rooms have balconies...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Matt J
BrandonPeterson, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kalispell, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
Thank you so much for such a wonderful review! I'm so glad to hear you love our hotel and always have an enjoyable time! Our staff here really is amazing and I will make sure kudos get passed along to them. Thank you so much again and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Kalispell!
Big Sandy, Montana, Usa
Reviewed April 19, 2014

The staff was most welcoming, the reservation as requested. The room was so spacious and well appointed. The biggest surprise was the supper, billed as snacks and beverages, it was a supper of pulled pork, Potato chips, salad and dessert. All very well prepared and tasty. The breakfast was okay, the strangest egg dish, but otherwise very good. We would definitely return here if we are ever in Kalispell again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
BrandonPeterson, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kalispell, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Thank you so much for the wonderful review! It's great to hear you were able to enjoy yourself here in Kalispell and we took great care of you! I'm glad you got to enjoy some of our great amenities such as our manager's reception Monday through Thursday. Thanks again for choosing us and we look forward to seeing you in the future!
Centerville, Utah
Reviewed April 1, 2014

We had a four night stay at this property. At check in they told us there were a few youth teams staying there, but they made sure we had a quiet room. Everyone was helpful and friendly. Rooms were clean and all that we needed. Pool area and gym were clean and nice. Front desk held my bag after checkout breakfast had plenty of variety, but there is also a Starbucks and IHOP nearby.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Joanne D
BrandonPeterson, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kalispell, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
Thank you so much for such a wonderful review! I'm so pleased to hear that the staff took great care of you during your time here! I know when there are teams in house it can be somewhat of an inconvenience to other guests, but I'm so happy to hear that this wasn't the case. Thank you so much for choosing us and writing a review and we look forward to impressing you on your next visit!
Fremont, California
Reviewed March 22, 2014

I went to Kalispell for a photo workshop. II stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Kalispell. Very convenient locatgions for me, mjust a few shrot miles to my destination. Reception was totallyh courteous and bend over backwards to help. The last night before departure I came with my only pair of pants full of mud from layhing on the ground while taking pictures. The receptionist gave me complimentary soap to use with the washing machine on the 2nd floor, and when I express total ignorance on how to use them she came with me and taught me how to operate it. Gave me change since the machine only workks with quarters. Breakfast was OK and I discounted one star because the pancake machine was not working the 4 days of my stay (Was told they run out of mix and were waiting for delivery) I nice touch for me as an animal lover is the reception had a beautiful dog with his own bed, which I found out the owners had recently adopted. I had a great experience, convenient location, reasonable prices and extremely congenial personnel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
BrandonPeterson, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kalispell, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write us such a great review! We really appreciate it. I'm so glad to hear you had a fantastic stay and that we were so accommodating! I will make sure to pass on the kudos to the rest of the staff! Thanks again for choosing us and we look forward to your next trip here to Kalispell!