“Nice and new” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in Kalispell
Lake Orion, Michigan, United States
“Nice and new”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

This is a nice Holiday Inn Express and pretty new. I used the workout area and business office while there. Location is ok for Glacier but if you want to be closer to West gate of Glacier National Park the you might try staying up toward Whitefish. This really worked out ok and we did both the east and west gate from here. Kalisapell is the bigger town in the area with l
All the basics - Target, Lowes etc. The room was modern and had nice amenities - including a Keurig so bring your own favorite K cup if you have one. I used reward points as the per night cost was pricey for a Holiday Inn Express. Highly recommend for anyone.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
BrandonPeterson, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kalispell, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Thank you so much for taking time to review us! I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to head up to Glacier. It really is a sight to see up there! Thank you so much again for your review and we look forward to impressing you next time!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

Excellent Value-Here ! Friendly folks greet you with a snack and bottle of water--wishing you a great stay-free daily breakfast where the attentive staff tend to keeping breakfast foods and beveridges replenished. Stayed 9 nights--could have stayed 9 more ............great from start to finish....Just the most excellent-knowledgable staff-friendly-and welcoming---no frowny faces-EVER- ...Can hardly wait ti see them again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for taking the time to give us a review! We appreciate your time! I'm so glad to hear the entire staff took good care of you and always had a smile! We like to make sure you are taken care of when you stay with us :) Thanks again and we look forward to impressing you on your next trip!
Spokane, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

I was on the last leg of a long week of traveling and was getting a little weary.When I walked into the hotel was greeted and welcomed warmly and like they were happy to see me. Very refreshing.

I liked the rooms that had a balcony, it was nice to hang out and enjoy the fresh air and keep the door open to have the fresh air in the room.

Hotel was clean and nice, Will be back next time I am in town, Thank You

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
BrandonPeterson, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kalispell, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review us! We greatly appreciate you taking the time to do that. I'm so glad you were treated so great and with warmth when you walked in the door, that is our goal! Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to impressing you next time!
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

This was our second time staying. Last time we just had the standard queen room. This time we had the queen suite- much better and even had a little sitting area with TV and couch. We really like this hotel and love the area. My only complaint would be, I didn't realize it was pet friendly. I'm not sure if they have special rooms for pets or not- we saw people with dogs on our floor which was the 3rd level plus the main floor. Also in the dining area :( my kids have allergies so this was noticeable for us. Other than that clean and great location!

• Stayed June 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
BrandonPeterson, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kalispell, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review! I'm glad to hear you got to enjoy one of our nice suites--they are quite spacious! We do allow pets in the hotel, although we tend to try and keep them on the first floor, but there are times when we are sold out, etc that we have to allow them on upper floors. On your next stay I would recommend calling ahead and letting the front desk staff know about your pet allergies and we will do our best to keep you in a non-pet area. Thanks again for the review and we look forward to seeing you next time!
Young Harris, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

Wonderful accommodations. Great breakfast and evening meals. Staff was very accommodating. Upon check in I was given an upgrade since I am a priority club member. I know this is suppose to happen always but in the past many years this has been the exception instead of the norm. The only thing I would improve concerning this hotel is the pool and hot tub had a dirt ring around them. But the water was clean and a beautiful setting. Staff very helpful when asked about different tours, whether roads were open and etc. staff even logged onto web site to help me with info. I traveled for 3 weeks, stayed in over 15 different hotels and this was my favorite.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review! I am so glad to hear the staff took good care of you and got you upgraded! One of the many perks of being a Priority Club member! I have addressed the issues in the pool, thank you for bringing that to our attention. Thank you so much again for the review and we look forward to seeing you next time!
Montgomery, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

We have been to the Kalispell area a number of times, and never saw this Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites from Highway 93, so we had no idea where it was or how it looked when we booked our points night. We are now hooked!! What a great place to stay--close to Whitefish, Glacier National Park, the airport, restaurants and shopping. The location is wonderful, however, the best part of the stay is the STAFF. They work hard to make EACH Customer welcome. Every one we met was more than accommodating--Hollie was terrific--AND it was Memorial Day weekend with a shortened staff! Definitely the place to stay when in the area!!

Room Tip: We had a great room--King Suite--with refrigerator and microwave as well as coffee maker.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
BrandonPeterson, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kalispell, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Thank you very much for taking time to give us a review! I'm so glad you stumbled upon our hotel and enjoyed yourself! I am so glad the staff took care of you while you were here! We always say its not about the bricks and mortar, its about the people inside! I will make sure Holly gets the kudos deserved for her great service! Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you again!
Chicago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2013

Fabulous stay at the HIE in Kalispell! Very clean, newly constructed hotel looks like a famous lodge in a National Park. GREAT breakfast (with all the trimmings), friendly/helpful shuttle bus staff to get you to/from the airport and other places so no need to rent a car if you're there for business, extremely helpful front desk staff (helped me get a tricky bottle opened, helped me print my boarding pass). Overall great, relaxing, homey place to stay and made my business trip very enjoyable. Thank you! I will be back -- next time with my husband so we can enjoy Glacier National Park!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for taking the time to give us a review, we really appreciate it! Our motto here is to IMPRESS GUESTS and I'm glad we accomplished that with you! I'm glad you were able to utilize some of our great amenities and that the staff really took care of you! Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you next time!