“not up to Comfort Par”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #15 of 20 Hotels in Kalispell
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Stayed here two nights and the staff was Very friendly but the hotel looked a little run down for my taste in Comfort Inns. The do have a out door pool and hot tub if weather is warmer. The woman who runs the morning breakfast is so outstanding that I wish they had her at every Comfort Inn!
I ran a little late my first morning, while she was putting things away and she was SO willing to get me anything I still might have wanted! (only toast and milk) but she went and got it anyways for me! You don't see that at most hotels. Once its Done its Done! And she was sooooo friendly too!
The staff gave me a great impression but the rest of the hotel needs quite a lot of updates and cleaning.
I wont put this hotel down too much, for the price but I think they could do a little better on cleandleness.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
999DianeA, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2013

Thank you for your kind comments and I will certainly let the Breakfast Attendant know what you said. Yes, the hotel building does have some years on it; however, all rooms and public areas have been updated and reflect the newest guest room bedding and room package and we have a remodeled lobby and breakfast area that exceed Comfort standards. Next time you're in the area come by and take a look at our brand new bedding.

There are newer reviews for Quality Inn

Reviewed September 21, 2013

It's my habit to consult TripAdvisor before making motel reservations, but this time I failed to do so and paid the price. This motel is located on the edge of town, far from restaurants and other attractions. The corridors are dingy and the carpet is worn and stained in spots. The room was clean, but the back of the easy chair was greasy. I sat down in it to read anyway and found that the floor lamp doesn't work because it lacks a bulb. I called to the front desk to get a replacement bulb, but no one was available to bring one to me. I volunteered to come to the front desk to get it myself. The front desk was manned by only one young woman who obviously is not interested in a career in the hospitality industry. After asking which lamp had the missing bulb, she gave what she said was the only bulb she could find. It wasn't the correct one. If you must stay in Kalispell and this is the only vacancy then ......

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

I'm sorry your stay was less than pleasing. We took your comments to heart and have since implemented a new bedding program, hallway carpets were replaced, and guest relations training re-established. We've also made sure that room supplies are readily available and assessable to the front desk associates for better customer service. Thank you for your comments and I sincerely hope you give us another try in the future.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

Dumpy hotel and I'm surprised they are a Comfort Inn. We have agreements with many of the Choice Hotels where I work but can't seem to work out a deal at this location. You would be much happier staying at another hotel for the same money or even less at many of them in this area. Wireless was horrible, stains on the carpet (in and out of the room), my bed wasn't level, couldn't work at the desk and watch TV, couldn't work at the desk with out freezing as the AC until was right by the desk, the front desk was less than helpful when I called about the internet issues, no sign above the door (I went into the attached lounge first before I knew to go to the next door), no elevator, and the list goes on...

Room Tip: Find a different hotel
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

I'm sorry your stay was less than satisfactory. Many improvements have been made since your visit including new bedding and new hallway carpet. Unfortunately Kalispell is a seasonal resort area and the rates throughout the valley are high during the summer season. I'm pleased to report that we price our rooms below comparable hotels such as LaQuinta, Holiday Inn Express, and Red Lion. I sincerely hope you will consider giving us another try next time you're in the area.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

My son and I came for a day trip to Glacier Park, and looked forward to the cozy room to relax after a busy day. The front desk person was great, very friendly and courteous. She explained the hotels features very quickly though and we had to call down later to get information.

The bathroom was dirty. The floor was not cleaned, nor was the mirror on the back of the bathroom door. The showerhead was nice, but there isn't enough water pressure to really enjoy the capabilities of such a fancy showerhead.

The hallways are bleak and white and reminiscent of a hospital, or nursing home, and kinda spooky late at night.

Breakfast, which we were told was served until 10 AM, was being cleaned up at 9:30, so we ate cold cereal and yogurt, as that was all that remained. I was a bit concerned about the quantity of flies in the breakfast area, but I assume that is from propping the lobby doors open. The breakfast attendant was nice enough, but didn't offer any consolation for no breakfast.

All in all, I would give them another try, the rate was good, and the room was beautiful and well appointed, just not very well cleaned. I don't know what the mix up was with breakfast, Ill just make alternate plans for breakfast next time. I think with a more effective housekeeping staff, it would be a fine hotel.

Room Tip: Double check breakfast hours, and get there early.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your comments. We have addressed the issues regarding housekeeping and have since changed out the bedding and replaced hallway carpets. We have standard breakfast hours and I'm not sure why you were informed breakfast ran through 10 am. The Front Desk Associates have all been retrained as to what breakfast hours are so we shouldn't have that problem again. We hope to see you again in the near future. Thanks again.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

Guess what I paid for an Econolodge with a Comfort Inn sign? Over $150! My room was not ready until an hour after check in and the manager seemed to care less. I asked if they were sold out the night before and was told no. Now for the room! It needed updating. The TV is in a console so unless you're sitting right in front of it, you can't watch TV. That was OK only because the upholstered chair was filthy. One of the light bulbs was burned out and the coffee pot had the filter grounds left in the brewer. So......as a person who stays at many Comfort Inns, this one ranks as one of the poorest. I didn't want to chance breakfast, so I can't comment. The outside is ugly and the parking in the back is poorly lit. Access by car to the back of the hotel is also narrow and poor. For the price, I expected much more.l

Room Tip: No elevator to the top floor.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

I'm sorry your experience at our hotel was poor. There have been a number of improvements since your staying including new bedding, new hallway carpet, and additional lights for back parking lot. This is an older building; however, the interior is complete with the latest Comfort upgrades. We've addressed the housekeeping issues and know guests will find an improved and attentive staff. Don't write us off just yet, I believe you'll find the improvements to your liking. Thank you for your comments.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

We knew going in that hotels in Kalispell are very high priced, but hoped for more of our money's worth than we got. I had reserved a room with a patio, knowing the hotel had no elevator, but when we arrived around 3:00 pm we were told no first floor rooms were left,and we were given a room with a balcony instead. The room had not yet been cleaned, though the cleaning staff were in the hallway and said they could start on it next. Also, it smelled heavily of smoke, and there was an ashtray on the balcony. Went back to the desk and waited in line (there was only one person on duty there) to be again told there were no first floor rooms and the hotel was totally booked up. She also said that smoking is allowed on the balconies and sometimes the smell gets into the room. She switched us to a balcony room two doors down, which had already been cleaned and did not smell like smoke. We hauled our luggage upstairs for our 2-night stay.

Other issues: The fan in the bathroom was extremely loud, and the AC went into periodic spurts of sudden loud noise. ( I reported these on checkout and the staff member noted them down.) Also, when I returned to my room at about 10:30 am on the day we were leaving, my key card did not work. At the desk I was told that they had already cancelled the previous day's cards (though checkout was not until noon). The staff member actually seemed annoyed that she had to redo my card.

This was the most expensive hotel of our 3-week trip, and definitely the worst one.

Room Tip: Stay away from rooms with balconies and patios, since smokers are allowed to stand outside with the...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

We took your comments and made some changes. Although it's difficult to stop someone from stepping out on the balcony to smoke, we've have implemented a no smoking policy on balconies. I'm sorry you had to wait for a clean room. We try our best to accommodate guests with the location of room requested; however, first floor rooms are a standard request especially because there is no elevator. Housekeeping has been addressed and we've installed new bedding and replaced hallway carpets. I do hope you will consider giving us another chance upon your next visit to the area. Thank you for your comments.

Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

Wow. I have never stayed at a Comfort Inn that looked like this one. At least not in the last 25 years.
For $170/night (and that was the discounted military rate), I expected A LOT better. It is severely outdated and doesn't hold a candle to a Motel 6. It's attached to a casino and attracts an interesting crowd, to say the least. Parking lot was not well-lit and did not feel safe.

The common spaces: Outdated overall, dirty carpet and stairs (lots of stains, needed vacuuming).

The room: Still using the old style comforters (gross!) instead of fresh duvets. Wallpaper was bubbled & peeling around AC unit (can only imagine the mold/mildew that must be back there). Bathroom was clean and actually looks like it's been re-done this century (only part of the hotel not straight out of the 70s). But...shower/faucet mechanism didn't work well and the water would not get very hot.

The staff: night desk clerk was not very pleasant, but the woman there in the morning and the breakfast attendant were both sweet.

Overall very disappointed in this hotel. We had to get a room last minute and this was the only hotel in town (in what we thought was a mid-range hotel) in Kalispell that wasn't full. Now I know why.
Look elsewhere unless you ABSOLUTELY have NO other options. This room should have cost no more than $55 for what it offered.

• Stayed: August 2013
999DianeA, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2014

I appreciate your comments and have taken each issue you pointed out and addressed the appropriate departments. Our building is dated; however, the interior has been remodeled to Choice standards including the lobby and rooms. Our latest upgrade includes implementing the new bedding package as of January 1, 2014. I'm sorry you feel that our hotel is less value than a Motel 6 which offers no amenities including in-room kleenex or a breakfast. Our breakfast buffet offers 2 types of waffles, eggs, sausage/gravy/biscuitts, cereal, bagels, muffins, fruit, juice/coffee and more. It's unfortunate you traveled during a peak rate season and even then you can expect our rates to be below those of most mid-scale properties in this area.