“This is the best hotel in Kalispell. The...”

Hilton Garden Inn Kalispell
Ranked #6 of 20 Hotels in Kalispell
Georgia
“This is the best hotel in Kalispell. The...”
Reviewed September 15, 2010

This is the best hotel in Kalispell. The front desk employees were very professional, along the lines of Four Seasons Hotels staff. Rooms were very clean and functional. Breakfast, which is included in some rates, was fantastic...one of the best hotel breakfasts that I've ever eaten. Who knew breakfast potatoes could be that good?

Blue Canyon restaurant, which is attached to the hotel, was great (MUCH better than Caper's restaurant).

The only comparable property in town is Holiday Inn Express; however, that hotel is located in a new shopping area which lacks any finer dining establishments. I would choose Hilton Garden Inn.

• Stayed September 2010
1 Thank Luxury1Georgia

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Anaheim, CA
Reviewed September 2, 2010

My wife and I recently completed a long road trip that included stays at many inns/hotels. We stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn August 21, 22 and 23. We selected the Hilton from the AAA directory because of the high rating as well as customer comments available on the internet. Our experience was not good.
We checked in and were assigned to room 437. Later in the evening we noticed an annoying noise and since we were close to the airport, I assumed it was a helicopter possibly hovering for some reason. Investigating further we concluded it was the “fire retarder system” that was making the noise and we decided to wait a while to see if it would cycle off. It did not. Since we were unable to sleep I called the front desk to see if there was any solution to the problem. A maintenance technician was dispatched to our room and he agreed that the noise did sound like a helicopter and he too concluded it was the fire retarder system. He told us it operated on a cycle and would turn off periodically. It did not and we got very little rest.
In the morning, the front desk staff decided to move us to room 412. We had a very early tour scheduled at Glacier National Park and only had a few minutes to gather our belongings and pack them for the hotel staff to move later in the day when were on the tour. Room 412 was just as noisy and since we felt constrained by the hotel cancellation policy we spent two more unpleasant nights at the Hilton with very little rest.
I want to be clear that I think the front desk staff is fine and were doing the best they could under the circumstances. On the other hand, as a retired engineer, I can say that I believe the building design and construction has a serious problem that will require modifications to be made. One only has to stand outside the back of the building and listen to the noise emanating from the exhaust vent and realize if that noise gets into the building it is not going to be good.
We live in the Los Angeles area and are use to a reasonably high ambient level of noise at night from such sources as freeways and helicopters so I don’t think we are being overly sensitive.
We stayed in other hotels in Montana that operate under the same state fire codes and did not experience this problem in any of them.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Mesquite, Texas
Reviewed July 26, 2010

I had a confirmed reservation for a king non-smoking room at this hotel but when I arrived I was told they had no rooms. I asked what they could do and they offered me a queen smoking room. I have smoke allergies and I explained this was not acceptable. The on duty management at this Hilton Inn was happy to see me leave. I called the Hilton customer service number and they supported the actions of this hotel.

Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank gldungan
Rocky River, OH
Reviewed July 13, 2010

When we first arrived, we were given a smoking room by mistake. The front desk corrected this immediately and we were given a first floor room that was very nice. We had dinner at the adjoining restaurant and the food and service was excellent. The waitress that served the breakfast room was super friendly and helpful with information on things to do in the area. It was a very good experience overall.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
england
Reviewed July 2, 2010

We stayed at this hotel for a glacier tour unfortunately the road north was closed due to snow even in June. Luckily we took the southern route so saw a lot of good scenery until we were turned back. Quite an expensive hotel and the rate did not include breakfast. It was comfortable and had a really nice pool. There is not a lot to do in Kalispell so probably would have stayed somewhere else if given the choice. There are frequent seminars held here and if dining at the restaurant next door you have to run the gauntlet of a crowd of people not good for them or us if the weather is cool. You get a discount off your bill for showing your room key. If you are eating breakfast wait until 0830 to let business people go it's vey quiet after that. Nice staff for breakfast and freshly cooked eggs are available. The main street here is very quiet compared to lots of other towns with shops with not much in. We did go to the Conrad Mansion and really enjoyed this visit we walked there along a very nice road. Well worth the effort such a long and interesting tour so a highlight for us.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Alberta
Reviewed May 10, 2010

Stayed for 3 nights here and it was excellent. Very good service at the front desk they go out of their way for you here. The room was very nice, modern, clean and comfortable. The beds were excellent sleep number beds you can adjust to what's best for you.

The breakfast was the best I've ever had at a hotel. A huge variety to choose from as well as chef made omelettes that were the best I've ever had anywhere. This was included with the room rate I choose but is around $9-10 if you booked the hotel separate, well worth it.

The only drawback here is if you don't stay on the top floor and you have noisy people above you, you'll surely hear it. The problem here is I requested top floor but was told that there were some smoking rooms on the top floor (only a few) for the owners of the hotel who still smoke. I wasn't interested in dealing with smoke each time I got off the elevator so I choose the floor below and thus ran into noise from above the one evening. Maybe the owners could turn this into a totally smoke free hotel and just smoke outside like other smoking patrons are expected to and thus allow non-smokers to use the top floor.

I've stayed at Hampton, Holiday Inn, Best Western also in Kalispell and the Hilton is tops by far.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Durango, Colorado
Reviewed April 25, 2010

This hotel was a pleasant stay, but did not knock my socks off with the service. The room was comfortable, and mostly clean. I did notice quite a bit of dust on the vanity and the night stands. I mentioned it to the housekeeping manager,and the next day it was still there. Everything else was clean in the room. The front desk staff was courteous, but may have been new, as it took an exceedingly long time to get registered. The breakfast was tasty.

Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple