“Perfect for business, get a room on the fourth floor for the Big Sky feel”

Hilton Garden Inn Kalispell
Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in Kalispell
Reviewed December 13, 2012

Staying at this Hilton property was relaxing and enjoyable, had a unique Montana feel to it. It has all the amenities you'll need for business meetings and is a good location. The rooms are large and pleasant. There is a modern lodge feel to the environment, definitely would stay again and recommend.

Room Tip: Top floors would be preferred at this hotel.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Denaley, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Kalispell, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2012

I wanted to thank you for taking the time to fill out the survey regarding your most recent stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn – Kalispell. It is feedback such as yours that allows us to provide an excellent experience to our guests. It is great to read how pleased you were with our hotel and staff, please be assured that I will share your feedback with the appropriate member(s) of our team.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Kalispell

Reviewed December 3, 2012 via mobile

Unfortunately, this is not a great review, and it should have been.

I was impressed with the staff when I checked in, loved my room when I stepped in, the front desk clerk gave great advice when my boss and I inquired about where to eat dinner.

And then all those lovely experiences were followed by one of the worst nights I've EVER had.

The guest in the room above me must have been out partying because I was woken at 1 am (do not read further if you have a weak stomach) by the sounds of vomiting.

If that's all it had been, I could have gotten back to sleep. But NO, apparently tossing their cookies in this nice hotel sent them right over the edge because the next 3 1/2 hours, they spent stamping around their room in an apparent temper tantrum.

I tried calling the front desk three different times to complain but no one answered. I was on the verge of calling the local police when angry, drunk upstairs neighbor solved the problem by leaving their room at 4:30 (not without slamming the door first.)

=(

• Stayed: November 2012
Denaley, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Kalispell, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2012

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for sharing your experience. While I am happy to hear our how impressed you were with our front desk team at check in and your guestroom I sincerely apologize for the lack of service during the early morning hours. We typically handle these types of situations quickly and efficiently as we always have multiple team members on shift overnight. I will certainly look into why we did not answer the telephone so that we insure this does not occur in the future. Once again thank you for staying with us and I hope you will give us another opportunity in the future.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

This hotel is located on the south side of the city. Somewhat new compared to other hotels in the area it features an indoor pool and a restaurant next door. The motif reflects the local and sets this property apart from the typical HGI's. The staff are friendly and well informed about any thing you may need to know about the area.

This was my first trip to Montana and Kalispell and I hope to return in the future. It's so pretty there. I didn't have enough time to take in Glacier National Park.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Denaley, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Kalispell, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2012

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for sharing your experience. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and that our team did a great job in meeting your expectations, I sure hope you will consider us again when returning. You are right in that to really take in all that Glacier Park has to offer you need a few days, as you say our area is beautiful and offers a lot of activities we are very lucky to live so close to the park.

Reviewed November 15, 2012

This hotel is not in downtown Kalispell but it has all the amenities needed for a pleasant overnight stay. In addition to the restaurant attached to the hotel there are a few within reasonable walking distance. Our tour included breakfasts every day and the breakfast offered at this facility was the best of those offered at other hotels on our tour in both the United States and Canada.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Denaley, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Kalispell, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2012

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we appreciate receiving feedback regarding your experience at our hotel. I am glad to read how well our team did and will certainly pass on your comments about breakfast. Our fresh cooked to order breakfast receives many positive comments such as yours and the team always appreciates hearing it. Thanks again for staying with us and hope to see you in the future if your travels bring you back to the Flathead Valley.

Reviewed November 10, 2012

I have to start by saying I am very pleasantly surprised by the Hilton garden Inn in Kalispell. I booked a two night stay for very cheap through hotels.com and didn't really expect a super stay. Wow was I wrong. The rooms are some of the cleanest I have ever seen and we have stayed all over the place. The bed is amazingly updated and very comfortable, bathroom clean and well appointed. Room has a lovely new tv, mini fridge, microwave and a coffee station with Starbucks I cannot ask for more. Front desk staff was very friendly and checkin quick. We also went to the adjoining bar for a drink , the blue canyon and it was beautiful as well with friendly staff. Haven't tried the pool and hot tub as we don't usually use them but I just may after seeing the cleanliness of this place.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the top floor at the end of the hallway as the elevators and rooms can be a littl...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Denaley, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Kalispell, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

We always appreciate feedback from our guests regarding their experience while staying with us, thank you for taking the time. I'm glad to see you enjoyed your time with us, our team truly works diligently to impress each and every guest and our housekeeping team takes great pride on the cleanliness of the hotel. The team will enjoy hearing what you thought of their service and the cleanliness of the hotel. If you have time check out the pool and spa, I'm confident you will see much of the same that you have already experienced.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

I was in Kalispell for a day on business and was a little worried about hotels. I did not see any of the normal full service locations that I typically like. I am also not a Hilton fan so I had low expectations of this facility. All I can say now is, I would never stay anywhere else! What a treat! From the minute we pulled up and took in the wonderful architecture to the warm foyer to the great restaurant and bar to the rooms... Everything was an experience. The attention to detail was fantastic and well appreciated. Cookies and water in the lobby was a nice add. Very friendly and helpful front desk too. I would rate the Hilton Garden Inn on par with some of the nicer big resort 4 star hotels.

Take some time to eat in the restaurant or bar. if you eat in the restaurant, you can actually see your dinner being prepared which was a little fun. The hotel appeared to be near the end if the Main Street but the town is small so you can get anywhere quite quickly. Lots of nice interesting shops. There was a Western shop that had a huge antique store in the basement which is worth a visit. I forget the name but everyone will know it if you ask.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of your stay with us. We always appreciate the feedback and enjoy sharing it with our team. It's great to hear how impressed you were with our hotel, restaurant and staff. We are truly lucky to have a beautifully appointed hotel with just about every amenity you would want and enjoy providing excellent customer service to go along with it. I am equally happy to see you consider Hilton wherever your travels may bring you next. If returning to Kalispell in the future we would certainly enjoy being your host again.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

We stayed here for 5 nights and everything was great, breakfast great, staff helpful, workout room great, clean room, and nice large spaces. The only problem was on the Saturday night we were across from the smoking rooms and we could smell the smoke in our room and all down the hall. It smelled like we were smoking. I would stay here again as I love the location, and all the services, I would just make sure I was not across from the rooms where smoking was allowed.l

Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Denaley, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Kalispell, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

Thank you for choosing to stay with us, we appreciate hearing how your experience was as a guest of ours. I am happy to read how well our team did and they too will be glad to hear it. I apologize for the strong smoke smell, having said that we did have two roof top exhaust fan motors not working which impacted the exhaust of smoke from the smoking rooms. We just recently replaced the fan motors and the air is being circulated as it should and has made a tremendous difference. I am glad that you will consider us in the future and look forward to seeing you then.