“Breakfast is extra but well worth adding!”

Hilton Garden Inn Kalispell
Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in Kalispell
Reviewed June 14, 2011

Excellent hotel with very clean rooms and spectacular beds (adjustable firmness).

Adding on the breakfast option was $4 per person. What a deal. It was made to order plus baked goods, potatoes and meat. The chef made us French toast and eggs. Lots of other options too - fresh made, quality and beats IHOP any day of the week.

While the pool is small (but very clean and nice), my only complaint about the hotel would be the fitness area. There are a few treadmills and other machines but although there was a bench there were no free weights. Couple of dumbbells would be nice.

I must also add that the staff - both the amazing server and the chef - at the breakfast restaurant were great. It's staff like them that make good hotels.

Overall, it was an excellent stay and we will be back again.

• Stayed: June 2011
4  Thank mountainpete
There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Kalispell

Reviewed November 8, 2010

We got a Fantastic room at a good price. We were in town for my in-laws 60th anniversary. Was super pleased with this hotel.The staff were fantastic at the front desk and the two women that did the breakfast were EXCELLENT ambassadors for the Hilton!!!!!

The Breakfast is a great deal for $5/$10 depending on which choice you make.

Rooms were comfortable and nicely appointed. My only gripe is that I like a very firm foam pillow and they weren't available. I just don't sleep as well with a "mushy" pillow that I sink into... More of an issue of mine than the hotels.

The women working the breakfast bar were super friendly and helpful. Really made the place "homey" in a way.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Asiabrant
Reviewed October 19, 2010

Pros:
Good location to Glacier {35 miles}, descent price, and good size rooms.
Free internet and good speed.

Cons:
beds are not so comfy, staying closer to Glacier would have saved travel time and allowed more hiking time, food options in Kalispell are limitied. We did not try the hotel restaurant Blue Canyon as we are ona tight budget but it is rated as one of the best restaurants in Kalispell.

Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Bryan G
Reviewed October 13, 2010

Beautiful hotel. Location was great. Right off Hwy #93, but could not hear the Hwy. Breakfast buffet was the "best ever". We were not on a "plan", so had to pay out of pocket, but was well worth it. All employees, whether front desk staff, breakfast room staff, or maids/janitors were very friendly and polite. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank morevacations39
Reviewed October 13, 2010

We stayed at this hotel because the hotel that we usually stay at was full. The hotel lobby was very nice and welcoming. The room was large and the beds were very comfortable. The bathroom and shower were very nice as well. They offered a great breakfast for 10 bucks per person, but our server was kind of pointless. She didn't do anything for us. Overall, this hotel was a very pleasant surprise, I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 8, 2010

Having driven all over the area - putting nearly 700 miles on my rental car, I can safely say there wasn't any other place that looked like a better choice. The room was nice - clean - cable TV was great - bed was very comfortable - a/c and heat was great. The coffee maker didn't appear very clean. And, after making coffee my first morning, I poured the coffee in what was to be a clean coffee cup and noticed dried coffee drips where I was to put my lips - so I just poured that cup into the other cup. I've been to a few hotels over the past two years and they all do little to dampen the noise from slamming doors. HGI is no exception and it is my suggestion that they do something to dampen or pad the doors. Allowing a 50lb door to slam shut can be very jarring when you've just gone to sleep or while enjoying a quick daytime nap. Other than checking in and checking out, I had little engagement with staff to gauge the level of service. However, I was annoyed when checking in when I encountered the receptionist - a young girl with absolutely no hospitality skills whatsoever. Dead stare of a dairy cow ... not properly addressing me...no "Sir" no "Mr." ... I arrived a little before check-in time and my room wasn't ready. So, instead offering me a courteous and conciliatory explanation about the wait and projected wait time, she say's absolutely nothing while I just stood there. She didn't even say, "Mr ___ if you'll have a seat, your room will be ready shortly." ... absolutely nothing. I eventually just walked away and sat down. About 25 minutes later, she walks over to where I am sitting and without addressing me, she just stares at me until I look at her. Strange! Makes you wonder what kind of training they're getting. The staff looked very young so, perhaps therein lies the problem.

The breakfast is very good - continental and made-to-order. The Blue Canyon restaurant next door was excellent. I was expecting a "Sizzler" but they were in-fact a top notch restaurant ... great service - great food - great steaks and salads!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank PDCNewbie
Reviewed October 5, 2010

We like Hilton Garden Inns because they give the great Hilton Service at affordable prices and nearly always have restaurant and lounge attached or nearby. This one was no exception, had a nice comfortable sitting-around area as well as an outstanding restaurant attached. Handy for Kalispell shops as well.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple