$171
HIExpress.com
Hampton Inn Kalispell(Kalispell)(Great Value!)
$161
$151
Hampton.com
Red Lion Hotel Kalispell(Kalispell)(Great Value!)
$200
$139
La Quinta Inn & Suites Kalispell(Kalispell)(Great Value!)
$169
$152
Hilton Garden Inn Kalispell(Kalispell)(Great Value!)
$149
GardenInn.com
$148
$135
$189
$148
Lonesome Dove Guest Ranch(Kalispell)(Great Value!)
$75
  • Breakfast included
The Garrison Inn(Kalispell)
$195
All reviewsmexican restaurant next doorflower potsroom was cleancontinental breakfastbagelsguest laundrywithin walking distancewould stay againfridge and microwaveconvenient locationthe breakfast areaglacier parkeconomymustysuitcasesmilesfireplace
Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

When you drive up, you immediately see an electronic billboard underneath the Econolodge sign. It states: "Housekeepers Wanted," but we did not think much of it at that time.

Our first impression of the hotel was great. Chris at the front desk was absolutely stellar! Probably one of the nicest, courteous, competent front desk agents we have encountered during our travels.

We never expect anything fancy anywhere we go, so we did not have any high expectations. We also never complained about the fact that our room was underneath a stairwell, next to the housekeepers room (very noisy in the mornings); however, immediately after check-in we noticed a few things we need not mention in a review.

At first we decided do overlook the flaw, but upon return from a long day cruising around, we encountered more of similar issues with our shower curtain, and hair dryer!

When I took out a note pad and pen to take some notes, there was some sticky substance on the pen and desk counter, which, after overlooking all other flaws in the room gave me no choice but to bring this to the staff's attention.

I pulled Chris aside the next morning, because I did not want any other guests to hear our concerns. He was very professional and apologetic, and dealt with the whole situation with a smile on his face. He agreed with me that the cleanliness was below standard and was very apologetic. He even offered me a discount on the room. I declined, as I wanted to allow them the opportunity to make it right. Chris assured me the room would be completely serviced and that the issues we had would be corrected.

When we returned from our trip to Glacier National Park in the afternoon we noticed our room had been serviced, but that the hair dryer, which was the worst of it all, had not been touched! -- It was still in the same deplorable condition.

I took photos and brought this to the attention of the front desk agent who was working the afternoon shift. She seemed indifferent about it, which makes me believe they get housekeeping complaints all too often. I asked her if she thought that the issue we had was unacceptable. She just nodded, showed my photo to another guy that just arrived at the desk around that time and said they would take care of it and take "some money" of our bill, which turned-out to be very minor compensation for having to constantly bring issues to their attention.

At that point I was extremely disappointed, as we had allowed them the opportunity to make things right, and they failed.

We stay at Choice Hotels a lot when we travel and have stayed at properties that were older than this, but cleaner (i.e. Econo Lodge in Kimberley, BC and Clarion Empire Meadowlands in New Jersey - the last one at a rate $30 cheaper per night!).

We would like to take the time to thank Chris for his services. We enjoyed conversing and dealing with him more than the quality of our accommodation. It is a pity that housekeeping issues cause a property with such potential receive such low marks!

• Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank Gazpacho16
Reviewed August 1, 2014

All considered not terrible, but it sure needs a lot of attention! The furniture is terrible, nicked, stained, very dated. Carpets need a through cleaning. Walls are thin & you can hear every footstep from the 2nd floor. Beds sink to the middle. Interesting self/bench area in closet. Bath was reasonably clean. Good size room with refrig., microwave & coffeemaker. Breakfast was meager with no protein except some small yogurt, there were about 4 tables with chairs in the area, but definitely in need of more. We had to share a table with another gentleman. Wi-fi did work well.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 21, 2014

Yes, we did have trouble with our key as others have stated, but the desk staff came to our room and let us in which worked fine. The room was adequate and clean, good beds, nice shower, mid size fridge and internet were all good. The breakfast was better than I expected so we were very pleased with that. Would stay here again on a trip through Kalispell. We used a Rewards night here, but this also seemed like a very good option in a high $$$ hotel area.

Room Tip: Door keys can be an issue.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Penny E
Reviewed June 12, 2014

Room was clean. Nothing fancy. Continental breakfast was yogurt, bagels, mini donuts, cereal, fruit, coffee, juice... Enough that you could have a quick bite and get on the road. Desk clerk was very nice and she brought me extra pillows. Provided us with information for our trip to Glacier National Park and the road Going to the Sun.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 10, 2014

The courteous desk clerk can not make up for the dismal condition of the room. Out of the shower, feet were FILTHY from walking on the carpet, and every surface seemed to be sticky and had to be wiped down. The price is right, but as always, you get what you pay for.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family