“Nice outside, but beware of rooms they are deceiving!!! NASTY!!!”

Econo Lodge Kalispell
Ranked #11 of 20 Hotels in Kalispell
“Nice outside, but beware of rooms they are deceiving!!! NASTY!!!”
Reviewed June 23, 2012

The beds are nasty ,sheets look worn out and stained. We went through two rooms and both where the same condition, We left and did not stay went to Whitefish,MT to Super8 ,better reviews and closer to Glacier, NP.

• Stayed June 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Great Falls, Montana
Reviewed June 11, 2012

Before I go into the story of our stay, I want to THANK Nicki (not sure of spelling) for all the time she spent trying to find us a clean room. She was a gem. I hope she is being paid more than minimum wage. You really want to keep this gal. She really went out of her way to be polite and helpful.
BEWARE, Check room first.
We had stayed here before BUT it was clean! We were moved 3 times before we got a clean room. I had broken a toe on Friday so I was is a little pain which became worse after moving from room to room. We were sad to see that the housekeeping staff had gone down hill. What owners don't seem to realize is this is where their business starts and some newbies need to be trained. Pay the good works well and toss the others! The head housekeeper needs to be held responsible for the traininga and held responsible when cleaning is substandard.

Room Tip: See above!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank justme048
Cranbrook, Canada
Reviewed April 9, 2012

I have stayed in quite a few Econlodges over the years, this one was so far the best of them. My room was clean and in good repair. The WiFi was excellent, the water temperature consistent, the bed very comfy, and I enjoy a room with blackout drapes which it has.
I was greeted upon my arrival by Dave, the manager, who was exceptionally friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable about the area. The next day when I went down for coffee there was another woman at the desk, she said that she was new, but she was excellent, warm and gregarious, obviously experienced in customer service although new to the property. The time changed to daylight savings time, and when I arrived for breakfast I was 10 or 15 minutes late instead of 50 or 45 minutes early. The front desk woman went into the fridge and offered me the breakfast items. That was above and beyond, and so much more helpful than the budget Econlodges that I am used to.
All of the housekeeping staff greet you as you walk by, as do maintenance.
I wasn't planning on staying in the room much, there is lots to do in Kalispel, I needed a comfortable inexpensive place to stay that had smoking rooms and this was it. It is easy to get everywhere around Kalispel and area from there. I see that someone else's review said that they paid $100 per night, that must have been in high season. I booked through choicehotels.com and got the room for close to $40 per night.
It was off-season for the hot tubs, so they were closed.
I would, and probably will, stay there again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed March 26, 2012

My stay at the econolodge was very pleasant. I stayed there with my family and we had a very nice time. The hotel was clean and quiet. Staff was very friendly and nice. It is very much affordable compare to the nice over-all experience .

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed September 20, 2011

When we arrived the front desk girl was very friendly. We got to our room. It was a clearly outdated! We looked for the pool couldn't see it, so go back to the front desk and have been informed that it was filled in 3 weeks prior. Very lame story and clearly a lie as there was no fresh cement. The two hot tubs were disgusting and had not been cleaned in sometime. You couldn't sit out by the hot tubs due to a nest of yellow jackets living under the deck. Our last night there was the worst. We had left for the day, came back to the room. It was never cleaned and the toilet would not flush. I was glad to know I was leaving and would NEVER stay there again. SAVE YOUR MONEY!!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 26, 2011

Beds were uncomfortable and not the cleanest place I have stayed in. The a/c was not cold. Not expecting the Hyatt, but want a clean place with a comfortable bed.

• Stayed August 2011
Havre MT
Reviewed August 24, 2011

We stayed here two nights. Booked it because it was the only room available except for very expensive rooms or The Outlaw Inn at which we had two previously unpleasant experiences. Our room was newly carpeted and furnished (ugly, faux-stressed furniture) but serviceable. Flat screen TV. Unlike comments from some of reviewers our linens were white, crisp and clean. Wife complained bed hurt her back but she suffers from chronic back pain and many mattresses are painful for her. I slept soundly and comfortably. We are not early risers and were in no hurry to check out but housekeeper knocked on door both mornings and there was not a Do-Not-Disturb sign available in room. Nevertheless, the housekeeper was very polite and did a good job when she returned to clean later. Breakfast is OK for tiding you over if in a hurry but if you want a full breakfast you need to go elsewhere. There is a hot tub but no pool. We have our own at home so don't usually use them at hotels. There was a strange electrical sounding buzzing that came from somewhere outside our room that was annoying to me as I wear a hearing device but my wife barely noticed it. Rooms open to outside parking lot and there is no view except of the parking lot. We prefer enclosed corridors. All in all I would say that if you are looking for economy and just a place to sleep you could do worse.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple