“Best breakfast ever!”

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Waitstaff
Calgary
“Best breakfast ever!”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed at the Grand Hotel and generally shy away from the standard breakfast fair offered by the hotel. We wandered down the deserted street (at 8:30 am) and found this great little place. The building looks like someone's old shed from the side but is full of wonderful history and kept as original as possible while modernizing a full view kitchen. My husband ordered a latte and a card on the table states that proceeds from the sale go to a local charity each week. Wonderful way to give back! I had a good regular cup of coffee. I don't eat much for breaky so settled on toast which was on homemade bread, My hubby had bacon ,eggs and hash browns and was served a very generous plate which he declared was one of the best he's had. You can spend $12 at McDonalds for breakfast or you can spend $15 here... Hands down a winner. We made this the place for breakfast over the next 4 days and will absolutely return next time we're in town.

2 Thank MontyCalgary

Maryland
“Sausage gravy mmmm”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

This place might have the best sausage gravy in the world. Generous portions, huge chunks of sausage in my gravy. Neat little building, friendly staff.

1 Thank dcdcdc
Fargo, North Dakota
“Great Atmosphere and Food”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Our hotel had a terrible selection for complimentary breakfast so we ventured out in Kalispell and found the Forge. Great breakfast experience - the food was "home made" - great selection and quanity not only in foods but types of coffee, expresso and lattes. The building is unique and historic and very clean. The owners and others were friendly and interesting. Oh, and lots of antiques! My party of four was so impressed that we returned for breakfast the following day !

1 Thank Lynn A
Townsend, TN
“Country Reuben is Unique and Delish!”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

We enjoyed our lunch there very much. The food was great and the atmosphere added to it. I got the Country Reuben ($9.99). They add sautéed onion, in addition to the sauerkraut, and their house dressing (which reminds me of thousand island) with melted swiss cheese on delicious dark rye bread. My husband enjoyed the cheeseburger (%7.99), but said next time he will get the Branding Iron ($9.99) with a 5 oz. grilled flatiron steak, toasted rosemary focaccia bread, The Forge sauce, sautéed mushrooms and onions, and melted provolone cheese. He thought the chips were delicious. I substituted a house salad (huge) for the chips. I was stuffed when I left!

1 Thank rubydoodle
California
“Worth a stop”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

This is a good restaurant. The service is great and the staff is very friendly. We stopped for lunch on the weekend and it was very crowded. They had a small band playing and that was neat. The outside looks like a barn and the décor follows inside. They have counter service and small tables. A group of six would be max at a table. I like to try different dishes in places like this. The food was good, but I did not care for how the Rueben was prepared, too much slaw on it. It was not their fault as it came just as described. Posted by grinandbrakeit.com