“We went there for breakfast and loved everything.”
Review of The Forge - CLOSED

The Forge
Cuisines: American
Reviewed June 20, 2013

The portions were large, the food was fresh and tasted amazing! The open kitchen concept was great! It exceeded our expectations!!!

4  Thank dentosd

Reviewed June 12, 2013

We discovered this place through Trip Advisor. The Quiche with ham & eggs were made with homemade pie crust...can I just say yummy!! Hubby had "The Treasure Hunt"....biscuits, hash browns, fried eggs all smothered with sausage gravy...he really enjoyed it!
Service - was sweet Montana folks! They were so appreciative of our tip & seemed really surprised...come on patrons tip them well! They said lunch time is really busy & hard to serve quickly.
Sit at the bar & you can watch the chef cook your food. They have a place for local musician talents. Thank you for a wonderful breakfast!

1  Thank mere1426
Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

If you want a small dose of authentic Kalispell history with your breakfast/lunch/latte, go here. Good food and great vibe, too.

2  Thank KTinMT
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Was referred by a friend of mine who is in the food service representative. As a former restaurant owner I always give a new place at least 6 months before I will eat there. Most of the time I miss them because they are already out of business. Not the Forge!..I had the Chicken Salad. It was the best I ever had. My MOM had the Reuben (She is a critic from Manhattan, NY). It was served open face and was really good! The smallest critic my nine year old son had the hamburger and a peach smoothie. It was like an Italian Bellini. Atmosphere is really interesting.

2  Thank claudia p
Reviewed May 22, 2013

I don't know the people that own the Forge but they did this place right. I was taken here by my wife's friend. secretly I expected to walk in and out fast because I have a store within a block and had never heard anything about it and figured it would be some montucky style place. I was so wrong! The place is done real Montana style but very clean and cozy, the kitchen is open so you can see the chefs, yes chefs at work. We all ordered coffee and the waitress brought it fast,hot and with water( I didn't ask for it but was glad Ito have it)........ok I could write a book about how awesome this place is but I'm not!

I started thinking I want this place to my self so you all can go to McDonald s or the nickel Charlie's for all I care, right around the corner is coffee traders too go stand in line for that stuff.

To the owners of the forge "Don't change anything!!!! You did it right the first time" don't advertise you'll be wasting your money, let word of mouth fill your restraunt because it will I believe it already does. If I was a greedy person I'd say you should be open 7 days a week, you'd serve beer and be open for dinner and late night dancing but then I'd never leave and that's not fair to the rest of the world.

Ps if you do decide to brave this place I recommend the Treasure for breakfast ( I believe that's the right name) it is a foodies wet dream, 2 eggs mmm bacon hash browns a biscuit smothered in sausage gravy, I don't know what my wife ordered but she was as happy as I and my twins split a huge quiche I sampled and it, its was second to my cousins(cogrates on the expected baby Becky and jake).
This place is a little hard to find, I hope you all can't find it so I don't have to wait in line,lol.ps i don't think I've ever given five stars before.

2  Thank Mark R