“Wonderful Place for Casual Dinner with Friends”

Brannigan's Irish Pub
Ranked #12 of 172 Restaurants in Kalispell
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed May 2, 2014

I would say that Brannigan's is a great place to go and hang out with friends and family. It was loud so you have to go with the expectation of a typical bar environment. Don't go expecting to have a quiet dinner. I did go with a friend and we didn't have trouble hearing each other so it wasn't so loud that one can't carry a conversation. I ordered the Ruben and it was fantastic. I will definitely go again and order another. I would add that it's not a place to take the kids.

1  Thank TravelBrainstorm
There are newer reviews for Brannigan's Irish Pub

Reviewed March 7, 2014 via mobile

Pubs in the states are not for kids. It's different in the UK. The upstairs is the place to be if you want to have a conversation with your pint and grub. This joint has an excellent selection of drinkables; the best I ' d say in the Flathead Valley. Pub food kicked up a notch. Go for the Bangers & Mash (it is done well here!) or the impossibly sized Reuben. A turkey version is also on the menu; we used to call these a Rachel. On MARBLED rye oh my, oy vey! I'm too old to go to a joint like this after dark and I imagine it is pretty popular and LOUD. Gets my vote for lunch at least. Heaven knows what 3/17 would be like!

1  Thank George H
Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

I was there to meet with some friends for a drink upstairs. While there I ordered my cocktail after waiting about 10 min too long for a server. When the drink came it tasted similar to what I can only imagine dirty dish water tasting like. Not sure how they managed to make the most disgusting drink, bravo. While trying to get rid of the bad taste in my mouth I hear the most annoying thing...a bleach blonde woman, looked to be about late 60's, being obnoxiously loud, rude, and demeaning. Boasting about how her nephew owned the place and blah blah blah. Being proud is one thing, acting superior in the most obnoxious way is another thing. How embarrassing for her 'nephew' to have such a classless family member making a fool of herself in public. Take your haggard self home sweetheart, you cant possibly be good for business.

5  Thank BNWJ
Reviewed January 24, 2014 via mobile

Excellent for adults, nice location. More of a city environment. Good food and good service. Enjoyable people. Very clean with a less rural patron.

Reviewed November 21, 2013

This was only our second visit, our first having been soon after their opening. We were five adults, a toddler and an infant. The restaurant is not geared to little people; no boosters, high chairs or kids' menu. Than being said, our server told us what his own kids liked on the menu and was very helpful and accommodating. He also recommended an excellent wine for the lone non-beer drinker (me.) He was happy to chat about beers as well, and was all round a big part of our good experience. The other was our food; their "fruits of the sea" dish, corned beef and cabbage and a Rueben. All were tasty and of sufficient quantity to satisfy even my big eater (husband.) The only thing I can complain about is the music is TOO LOUD. I understand about creating atmosphere, but I hate having to shout at my dinner companions. If it were turned down just a tad, it would make things almost perfect. No, it's not Ireland. Most Italian restaurants are not Italy either. The food is good, the service is friendly and helpful and the prices are reasonable. Other than that, if you want Ireland, buy a plane ticket.