“Recently completely remodeled.”

Sykes Diner
Ranked #3 of 172 Restaurants in Kalispell
Cuisines: American, Diner
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Sykes is a local trademark of the Kalispell area that was established in 1897! We're the home of the ten cent cup of coffee, and we make sure to say that loud and proud. Join us for a great atmosphere and some downhome cookin'.
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Owners have completely remodeled the restaurant and hotel. There is great meeting room downstairs. Restaurant caters to groups. Place is an oasis for seniors. Good food and service.

There are newer reviews for Sykes Diner

Reviewed October 17, 2012

Great remodel for the old building. Good food. Grocery store is great and has local meat and good deli.

Reviewed October 13, 2012

Sykes has a diner attached to its grocery and is not even listed on the various touristy web sites. After being disappointed by the service and quality at a number of restaurants (Specifically Sizzler) we asked our motel manager for suggestions. Guided to Sykes diner, we were so amazed at the high quality of food (we had breakfast) and the service that we returned to it repeatedly & even had sandwiches packed for our drive back to Calgary. It may not have the plush interiors of high end restaurants but the quality, taste of food, cleanliness & service with a smile was simply fantastic. I only wish there was a similar establishment in Calgary.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

No dislikes and lots of likes. 10 cent coffee with a meal is a plus and the place has been all remodeled. You can get your RX and grocery needs right there also.

Reviewed July 25, 2012

My husband & I tried Sykes' at the recommendation of a shop-keeper a few streets over - she said she'd been eating there for all of her adult life. When you walk in, you're in a little market - fresh meats, hand-made Amish butter, produce, etc. The restaurant is to the left and is a huge open space, very bright with south-facing windows. It is reminiscent of a 1950's cafe( with a makeover!) The menu is quite extensive with good down-home type offerings, such as Chicken Pot Pie, roast beef w/mashed potatoes and gravy, and there are also healthier offerings which I chose. I ordered the Creole Catfish which came with a large salad, and a funny little fruit-nappy type bowl of steamed veggies. I wanted some rice and they were happy to oblige for an extra charge. Unfortunately, my catfish and Creole sauce were both salty - otherwise it would have been good. My husband ordered steak w/shrimp, and was disappointed, but only because it wasn't ALBERTA beef (we do have some of the tastiest bovines here). Anyway, service was excellent. Prices are good - my catfish was $9.95, and the Steak w/Shrimp was $14.95. I wish I'd had room for some Huckleberry pie - maybe next time.