“Great fried chicken!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed September 14, 2012 via mobile

I had the wing basket because I didn't want a huge meal and ended up getting a huge portion! The chicken was really good and so were the sides. The menu is huge and definitely has something for everyone. The portions are good sized and the prices were reasonable. The also have really good daily specials. I will definitely go back again.

There are newer reviews for The Original Chicken Coop

Reviewed February 1, 2012

The chicken tasted good, but then again it's pretty hard to screw up fried chicken. The atmosphere was terrible though! The staff didn't smile at all, were untalkative and really seemed like they didn't want to be there. I know you have to be nice to anyone handling your food so I was friendly, but I only got cold stares in a big empty room. I'm not going there again!!

2  Thank Firepopper
Reviewed November 13, 2011

We have eaten here a lot as a family. I do take my business clients here too, as the food is just awesome. Always fresh and made to order. Portions are unbelievably large and the price is as reasonable as you can get. Small family oriented atmosphere and friendly people. I get a lot of to go orders in the winter and have never been disappointed as most places scrimp on to go orders, not them. And they really do have the best fried chicken in the valley!

Reviewed October 21, 2011

Picked up a 10 piece bucket with a side of Jojos and mac and cheese. The chicken was the only good part of this meal. The chicken itself was very moist, juicy and flavorful. The breading was really cripy even by the time we got it home as take out. However, the flavor of the coating is pretty bland. The jojos were coated in the same bland coating and tough, like they had been reheated. The mac and cheese was aweful. It was microwaved mush. Litterally microwaved as I watched the cook place a plastic baggy of mac and cheese into the microwave and then poor it into our to-go container. I will give them 2 thumbs up for their chicken, the family all loved it, but I threw 90% of the rest of the meal away.

2  Thank MTbiscuit
Reviewed September 12, 2011

It was so much food that we ate on it for days. We got their special 10-pc with 2-sides for $19.99. They were closing for the Labor Day weekend so they were out of many of their sides, so we had to choose things we normally wouldn't have ordered. Everything was great and HUGE portions. We'll be back!