“Great Restaurant”

Jagz Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 166 Restaurants in Kalispell
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Great Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

We went to Jagz on December 23rd, and loved it. The atmosphere, food and service were all outstanding.

We will return!

• Visited December 2012

CA
“Friendly service, good food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012

I've eaten here twice while visiting family in the area. The food is pretty good, but not excellent (hence three instead of four stars for my rating), and it is on the expensive side. That said, they have a good size menu with lots of options, which makes it a good choice for large parties.

The service has been particularly friendly and reasonably fast. This was the case even when I was part of a larger party (7) and the restaurant was very busy since it was just a few days before Christmas. There was a problem with one of our entrees (mainly because a pasta dish that did not say on the menu it had any Parmesan cheese in it arrived liberally sprinkled with the cheese, which my husband does not eat) and the waitress sorted it out immediately, and came back twice to make sure that the new plate was satisfactory and we didn't need anything else.

Some people have described the decor as dated, but I think the restaurant is cozy and has a certain charm.

• Visited December 2012
COLUMBIA FALLS
“Fancy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

This place has great prime rib, lobster, and duck, it has great cooks, the atmosphere is dark and quiet though great for that special dinner.

1 Thank DAVID S
Cranbrook, BC
“Odd place, great food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

This is an out of the way, obscure restaurant. We happened upon it a few years ago when staying in Columbia Falls. Oh my goodness it had really good service and excellent food. We've had prime rib and even seafood and been pleasantly surprised. The decor is tired, dated, and even a little dusty but you hardly notice once the food and ambiance take over.

Visited March 2012
2 Thank sofapillio
Keizer, Oregon
“Worth the drive”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

Jagz is about 7 miles out of Kalispell, but worth the drive. The atmosphere is great -- not too rustic, not too fancy. Nice wood-burning fireplace warming everything and beautiful mountain views. Tables and settings are very nice.
This is a family-owned restaurant (which we appreciate) and our server, Jake, was the owners son. He was delightful, professional, and personable. I will always take personable over professional and Jake was no disappointment. He had everything right, was "rounding" regularly, but not camping at our table.
The food was top shelf. I had reservations when my wife ordered a fresh Crab Louie in Montana, but it was very fresh and had at least a pound of crab meat! It was like a couple of handfuls of crab! Nice! My Jerk Chicken was very tender and spiced perfectly . . . and when I asked to skip the potatoes, Jake had them add a second helping of fresh vegetables.
My only caution is that you need to understand that it may be a bit pricey depending on what you are looking for. It is a very fair value, just not your usual family dining type of price structure. My wife's crab salad was about $18 and my chicken and shrimp was in the low $20's. I thought it was very fair, but I didn't want you to get there and be surprised when you see $35-40 items on the menu.
I would send you there and go back myself.

• Visited October 2012