“The Master Suite is in the top tier of Bed & Breakfasts.”

The Master Suite Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 6 Kalispell B&B and Inns
Tennessee
“The Master Suite is in the top tier of Bed & Breakfasts.”
Reviewed May 24, 2010

My wife and I enjoy travelling and staying in B&B’s. The Master Suite in Kalispell is in the top tier of the many places we have stayed. The suite itself is the lower floor of a lovely house on a ridge overlooking the Flathead Valley. The guest has a master bedroom, one and a half baths, a large living area, some kitchen facilities, a game room with ping pong table, and a porch. It is a beautiful facility. The lovely view can be enjoyed from the outside porch complete with fire pit or from a hot tub.

Donna and Jim were exceptionally helpful. A massage therapist arrived shortly after we did to get us started off. Advice on where to go and where to eat dinner was exactly in tune with what we wanted. Donna’s breakfast was both outstanding and plentiful. We did not eat lunch during our visit. When Donna learned we were celebrating our anniversary, champagne appeared to celebrate. The Master Suite is an easy drive to the entrance to Glacier National Park.

Among my favorite memories were playing fetch with Boomer and Trinity to start and end the day. Boomer, the border collie, loved the game. Trinity, the corgi, preferred playing keep away from Boomer. We were delighted with our visit. The Master Suite is a place to which you will look forward to your return visit.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Houston
Reviewed April 18, 2010

I'm an outdoorsy type. I love nature, photography, hiking, biking, snow skiing, and water skiing, golfing, and plenty of peace and quiet. I never want to fight the crowds while I'm vacationing. I work long hours, sit in traffic, have to wait to get a table at the better restaurants living in very flat and sometimes smoggy Houston. I long for fresh air, adventure and quiet time with the family. For the past decade (3 weeks/year), I've packed up the family and headed for the top accommodations I could find near the mountains (Lake Tahoe, Breckenridge, Salt Lake), but after a tip from a friend, I'll never look any further than "The Master Suite" a B&B in Kalispell, Montana. The accomodations were spectacular and spotless. Plenty of space for a my family of 5, sometimes 6 (a huge bargain!) and all the adventure or peace and quite that I've ever been looking for. A short drive and no wait at the golf course, the Whitefish Ski Resort or the restaurants in the shadow of Glacier National Park. This summer, I'll definitely go back for some fly fishing, water skiing, golfing and the incredible views of Glacier National Park from this breathtaking B&B. To top it all off, Jim and Donna McKiernan were the nicest, most knowledgeable and helpful hosts I've ever met. I could never expect to get this level of personal service from a hotel. Donna prepares a breakfast fit for king and the fine dining restaurants in town were outstanding. Bring your camera, your appetite, and look out for the deer. Get ready to breathe fresh air and see every star in the sky while sitting around a camp fire and cracking a bottle of wine. Kalispell is a little town but has a great airport. I never imagined a place like this existed with accomodations like The Master Suite.
Thanks Jim and Donna for making our stay so special. We'll be back this summer!

Scott Morrison
Bellaire, Texas

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
donnamck, owner at The Master Suite Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, April 20, 2010
Thanks Scott! We are delighted that you loved the Master Suite experience! To those reading it however, we want to point out that the suite is intended ideally for one couple with the option of adding a queen aero bed when necessary! We don't normally allow for a party of 5 and this was an unexpected situation due to their babysitter having to cancel at the last minute! We loved having the option to be flexible for our guests and were happy to do so!
Sugar Land, TX.
Reviewed April 6, 2010

We had the best time at the Master Suite B&B! The views were fantastic and the accomodations were incredibly comfortable. We felt we could really spread out and do our own thing in privacy. The suite itself was like an apartment with a very large and comfortable livng area, kitchenette, private master bedroom, and even a gameroom with a ping pong table! It was very nice having two bathrooms because there were four of us. The food was incredibly good. We were there for four breakfasts and each one was delicious. The coffee was good and strong! One of my favorite memories was sitting around the firepit making Smore's and enjoying some wine. It was an easy drive to Glacier National Park and two ski resorts. The owners had tons of material about local attractions, even menus to some great restaurants. Anything we needed - they were there to provide it! I would highly recommend this B&B.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Richmond, VA
Reviewed February 5, 2010

My wife and I stayed at the Master Suite during our winter vacation this year and thoroughly enjoyed our visit. The proprietors were very friendly and accommodating. They were happy to chat and offer recommendations on dining and entertainment, but peace and quiet was also plentiful. Every breakfast was delicious and it rapidly became my favorite part of the day. Three dogs and two cats call the B and B home and while none are allowed in the downstairs guest suite, you can easily find a friendly furry companion if you so choose.

We skied at Whitefish Ski resort which is about 30-45 minutes North. It's not as big as some resorts further south but the snow and terrain were excellent. Glacier National Park is about an hour northeast and snowshoeing Glacier NP offers some absolutely stunning scenery. That being said, beautiful snow capped mountains ring the entire Flathead valley, in which Kalispell is located, and are usually visible no matter where you are on The Master Suite's property.

I definitely plan to return to the Master Suite.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
MN
Reviewed October 21, 2009

The pictures on the web site did not lie. This place was beautifula nd the scenery was breathtaking. My wife and I enjoyed every minute of our stay and our only regret was not being able to stay longer (due to our own timeline, not that of the Master Suite). The breakfasts were amazing and delicious and Donna and Jim could not have been better hosts. They were there when we needed them and completely out of sight and sound when we didn't. I highly recommend the Master Suite. Being the only guests at any given time allows for such a private and personal touch that can not be matched at traditional B&Bs.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
canfield, ohio
Reviewed October 21, 2009

We had the best time at the master suite! We got married in Sept of 2006 and came to montana for our honeymoon! It was amazing to stay in such a beautiful place. The views were amazing and the service was wonderful! We loved to "home like" enviroment that we got to stay in. The food and the company was wonderful. We felt like we lived there all our lives and we miss it all the time. We hope to return for an anniversary some day. We have recently been blessed this September with a beautiful baby boy, maybe someday we can take him to the master suite and show him the beauty that the west beholds. Thanks Donna for a trip we will truely never forget!

• Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
California
Reviewed July 16, 2009

Donna and Jim were great hosts, recommending good restaurants and things to see and do. The Breakfasts were DELICIOUS and the accommodations outstanding. A great place to stay, relax and enjoy the surrounding area.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kalispell
Hampton Inn Kalispell
Red Lion Hotel Kalispell
Red Lion Hotel Kalispell
#8 of 20 in Kalispell
SpringHill Suites Kalispell

Been to The Master Suite Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!