“We felt like we were in a cozy home environment that was our own.”

The Master Suite Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 6 Kalispell B&B and Inns
Woodside, California
“We felt like we were in a cozy home environment that was our own.”
Reviewed April 13, 2011

My husband and I love to stay in bed and breakfasts when possible. This was without a doubt, one of the BEST. I am an interior designer and am pretty picky about the room, etc. It was so tastefully decorated, yet not overdone......very cozy and felt like a home environment. The innkeepers (husband and wife) were so amazing. Very interesting people to talk to (if you wanted to engage in conversation). The bed was soooooo comfy and the food was over the top......Food Network Star quality. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would highly recommend it to anyone wanting a special experience.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed March 13, 2011

There's no easy place to start to describe the care and consideration that went into this B&B. My wife and I travel all over the States and stay in B&B's whenever we can. Master Suite deserves to be in its own league. From the moment we arrived we were surprised with hors d'oeuvres, sparkling cider, and lit candles. Donna also had fresh flowers and chocolate awaiting per my request. The home is situated on a perfect plot of land overlooking the Flathead Lake, Flathead Valley, and surrounding mountains. If you want to "soak" in the views you can relax in the hot tub that affords the great views previously mentioned.
Jim & Donna were extremely helpful with restaurants and activities, but we never felt as though they were intrusive or around too much. You really feel all alone there.
We arranged for two massage therapists to come to the B&B for a couple's massage, and if you have the time, don't pass up on this opportunity. The ladies Donna uses are incredible.
Every morning we received a "custom" breakfast as my wife and I tend to eat different things. The breakfast was not thrown together, it was created after careful planning and expertise on Donna's part. You won't be disappointed as you enjoy it next to the wood fire and big picture windows.
The accommodations themselves are what you would expect at a lodge. Custom Montana furniture and cabinetry, with the amenities that you would expect: HDTV with Blu-Ray, Satellite with TONS of channels, a very well equipped kitchenette, etc. There was even a ping-pong table that we played numerous times.
All in all, I can't thank Jim & Donna enough for creating such a relaxing ambiance that my wife and I truly needed before my deployment. You both were great! Expect us back upon my return!

*If you do not like animals or are allergic, I would not immediately recommend this place. There are 3 dogs and a few cats that roam around, but Donna takes great care to not allow these animals anywhere near the B&B area. They are only allowed outdoors and in the common area on the middle floor. If you do not want to ever see them, you can enter through the private entrance on the first floor. Personally we enjoyed the animals! And it was quite amusing to see the dogs endlessly playing with the wild turkeys......

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Seeley Lake, Montana
Reviewed February 19, 2011

Any review of a B&B should start with the hosts. Donna and Jim are friendly, intelligent and accommodating, without being intrusive. They measure their interaction to your desires and needs.
The Master Suite is tastefully decorated, well equipped and extremely comfortable. Everything is in "like new" condition.
The food, from the welcoming hors d'oeuvres and wine to the ample breakfasts is, seemingly, professionally prepared and presented.
The view and surroundings are a bonus.
There may be other B&B's in the area that are just as wonderful but I can't imagine any being more so.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Illinois City, Illinois
Reviewed August 24, 2010

We celebrated our anniversary in this lovely B & B. We were impressed with Donna and Jim's attention to detail. The food was fantastic and the accomodations spectacular. We felt a part of the Montana landscape as we gazed at the lovely views. If you want a Montana getaway, stay here. We plan on returning.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Hartford, CT
Reviewed August 13, 2010

We couldn't have been happier with this elegant and secluded bed and breakfast. Our hosts, Donna & Jim, made us feel like friends rather than just customers. The suite is more like beautiful apartment with one and a half baths, living room, kitchenette, indoor eating area, ping pong room and relaxing porch with comfortalbe chairs to kick back and take in the view. The property is nestled in the woods with million dollar views of the valley below. Only 20 minutes from town you feel like you're in an executive retreat in the country.

The gourmet breakfasts each morning could not be beat anywhere. The food was not just good it was fantastic!! My husband has never raved so much about meals.

Donna arranged for a massage therapist to come to the property. What a treat! I would highly recommend it. The price was reasonable and the massages were great.

Donna also recommended a place for a wonderful horseback riding experience. We did a half day trail ride and were very happy with the company and our guide. In addition, Donna was always available if we needed restaurant recommendations or directions around the area.

Donna and Jim also have three dogs and two horses on the property so if you're an animal lover you can get your "fix". Their dog Boomer kept my husband "entertained" while he was waiting for me to get dressed.

Secluded elegance, fabulous views, privacy, friendly hosts and gourmet dining....you can't go wrong.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Ruston La
Reviewed July 7, 2010

I am very sorry to say that I never had such a rude experience trying to get some information from the owners. I will never recomend a place like this to anyone. I am lucky that I didn't get to stay there. When I first contacted the owners via the web site, I had some questions that were not coverred in the details, also the rates were somehow misleading as to what unit gets what rate or if there was any other unit at the house. The reply was curt and my questions were not addressed . So forget it.
Noula Rodakis

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
5 Thank noula4
donnamck, Owner at The Master Suite Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, July 14, 2010
I must admit I am ashamed to have been called out like this and can agree that I was not my usual loving charming self. I was very sick with the flu when this person first wrote asking me to "tell me about your property". I immediately wrote back saying I wasn't sure I understood the question, that everything there was to say about this property was on the website but that if she had some specific questions I could answer I would be happy to do so. What ensued was another email asking about the possibility of setting up an additional bed. I responded that I could do that and how it was set up. Then she wrote back asking about the price and at that point I began wondering if perhaps my website was down because all the information I had just written was clearly defined on our rates and policies page so I asked her if perhaps she was having trouble accessing my site because all the information was there, the nightly rate for the dates she was requesting, the additional price for an extra bed to be set up...but, I realize that sometimes the public chooses not to want to read and just wants to be taken care of. So sorry noula.
Tennessee
Reviewed May 24, 2010

My wife and I enjoy travelling and staying in B&B’s. The Master Suite in Kalispell is in the top tier of the many places we have stayed. The suite itself is the lower floor of a lovely house on a ridge overlooking the Flathead Valley. The guest has a master bedroom, one and a half baths, a large living area, some kitchen facilities, a game room with ping pong table, and a porch. It is a beautiful facility. The lovely view can be enjoyed from the outside porch complete with fire pit or from a hot tub.

Donna and Jim were exceptionally helpful. A massage therapist arrived shortly after we did to get us started off. Advice on where to go and where to eat dinner was exactly in tune with what we wanted. Donna’s breakfast was both outstanding and plentiful. We did not eat lunch during our visit. When Donna learned we were celebrating our anniversary, champagne appeared to celebrate. The Master Suite is an easy drive to the entrance to Glacier National Park.

Among my favorite memories were playing fetch with Boomer and Trinity to start and end the day. Boomer, the border collie, loved the game. Trinity, the corgi, preferred playing keep away from Boomer. We were delighted with our visit. The Master Suite is a place to which you will look forward to your return visit.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kalispell
Best Western Plus Flathead Lake Inn and Suites
#5 of 6 in Kalispell
Bad Rock Bed and Breakfast
Bad Rock Bed and Breakfast
#3 of 9 in Columbia Falls

Been to The Master Suite Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!