“Dissappointed”

Kalispell
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Dissappointed”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

A week after the makeover, my husband and I went to Rising Sun for dinner. Unfortunately, the delicious meal we looked forward to was not very good. I"m making this review hoping they will take it constructively, as I want them to succeed in our community.
We both ordered baked chicken, which was overcooked and dry; nothing special considering the price. I was expecting the salad, which the menu stated had candied walnuts, to have great flavor simply because of the ingredients, especially the "candied nuts" that tie the flavors together. It had none!
Sorry to say we don' t have a desire to go back, however if the owners are serious and take these issues to heart, we' d give it another try.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank PMurphyKalispell

Gtown, OR
“Over rated!”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Our daughter & family recently moved to Kalispell, MT. We had heard about the "Restaurant Impossible" taping prior to their move and was there visiting our family for the Christmas holidays when it aired on TV. We decided to go there for lunch and found it to be very disappointing. It looks like a made over Mexican fast food place from the outside, and nothing really Parisian on the interior (I've been to Europe twice). In a nutshell, the day we went it was extremely frigid outside so when we were seated, I thought the red chairs had just been brought in from sitting out all night. While they brighten up the place, it would be a good idea for you to take a blanket to sit on cause your bum will freeze. The food was just ok, nothing outstanding. Of the 4 of us, 2 had the Greek burger with a side roasted beet salad. The best thing on our plate was the dill pickle. My husband had a catfish sandwich, our daughter, the rueben, both sandwiches served with fries, neither one being anything outstanding. After asking other locals, we'll try a place downtown called Sykes when we return.

Whitefish, Montana
“Dedicated -”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Good service, and the chef is dedicated to creating authentic French food. Always a good dining experience.

Visited April 2012
BIgfork
“Restaurant: Unimpressive”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

I was excited to try the Bistro since we enjoy watching Restaurant Impossible (although we did not see the episode featuring this restaurant.) Unfortunately, the makeover didn't help the service or the food. I don't know what it was like before as I hadn't eaten there since it was "The Knead."

The menu was small but interesting. It is supposed to be a French-themed bistro so we understood why there were no basic breakfast items (pancakes, bacon/eggs, etc.). I ordered the Parmesan Bread Pudding Benedict. It would have been good had it been hot. The bread pudding was good but barely warm. Eggs poached nicely but again, barely warm. Hollandaise sauce was nothing special - at a "French" restaurant you would expect the best. Our server was nice but slow and pretty uninterested. She said she'd be "right back" with some coffeecake -which we all thought sounded great! We waited and waited. Finally she brought what looked and tasted like Costco muffins - cold. Coffee refills - only came back once. Never checked back once we got our food to make sure everything was okay. Not impressed. The interior we did note was bright and cheery. Looked clean. Still, the service and food were overall unimpressive and we won't be back.

1 Thank 580MaryH580
Kalispell, Montana
“Ok Food and Mediocre service”
Reviewed December 19, 2012

We ate lunch here today with our 2 year old. They don't have a kids menu. The lunch menu sounds and looks nice. I had a french dip with Brie. The sandwich was pretty good with the exception that there was not enough brie for both halfs of the sandwich. The fries were ok - if you like the frozen sysco fries. We sent back the cheese sandwich that my daughter was supposed to eat because it came out dripping grease from the cheese and the bread was burnt (no apology from the waitress). The side of fruit was ok - the grapes were old and bruised (shouldn't have been served). Our waitress did not come over for nearly ten minutes after we were seated and didn't introduce herself - no eye contact and really didn't seem happy to be working. Our entire lunch experience took an hour - definitely not a kid friendly atmosphere. We won't be coming back.

3 Thank Luke S