“Loved it and didn't want to leave.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Jackson
Jackson Hot Springs Lodge
Eugene, Oregon
“Loved it and didn't want to leave.”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Stayed here one night. People very friendly, western ambiance is great, room was huge and geothermally heated, springs pool is HOT, restaurant food was good (but on the expensive side). I am a sucker for a classic Western lodge and this is the place to experience that. I could have stayed another couple of days very happily soaking my way through each day. So relaxing.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank A W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Charlottesville, VA
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Ok, so first, the lodge is in an area that has way more cattle than people. Jackson is one of the two tiny towns in the beautiful and remote Big Hole Valley. We spent one night on a road trip; we chose it because of the hot springs, and decided to chance it despite the negative reviews on TA. I'm glad we did. Really nice staff; Jacob was our desk clerk/waiter/bartender/maintenance guy. The next morning, there was more staff in evidence. Our large room was fine, quite rustic, but there was a working fireplace and a comfy bed. We had to keep the curtains mostly closed for privacy, so not much natural light, alas. Good towels, including towels for the hot springs pool. The pool was quite clean, even though the concrete had seen better days, we loved it. Perfect temperature, and we could have taken drinks up to the pool after (or before) dinner in plastic cups, though we didn't. Okay menu; local beef a little tough but very flavorful. Small but good wine choices. Our server, Jacob, was very nice, but I'm not sure why the kitchen was so slow. That needs addressing. We decided to have a drink at the bar, and our bartender, Jacob, was great, made excellent drinks, and introduced me to a Moscow Mule,complete with a copper mug.
Quite knowledgeable about Montana distilled beverages.
The next morning, breakfast was again a little slow getting rolling, but was good once it appeared. The owner was on site and having meetings with staff members; he seemed to be coaching them on how to run a hotel. Apparently, he's a fairly new owner who also owns Quinn's Hot Springs, and he's trying to work out some of the kinks. All in all, we'd return, at least for one night, to enjoy the hot springs and the gorgeous Big Hole Valley. And another Moscow Mule. So--we're going to call it very good, even though there are a few issues that need addressing, we had a good time.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank emmajane7
Paris, France
Reviewed July 17, 2013

We were passing through town and needed to stop for lunch. There were two choices, this one and another restaurant. We happened to visit the other first but it was empty (never a good sign) and so walked right back out and over to Jackson Hot Springs Lodge. I was simply amazed by the big hall/bar/pool table area. I am originally from California and have lived in Europe so this is not the decor I am used to seeing, but it certainly exceeded my expectations of what places in Montana should look like. It was like something right out of a movie set with all of those stuffed animals, mounted heads and antlers. I loved it. The restaurant is tucked behind that large room and it looks quite nice and there were many diners (a better sign than the other restaurant in town!) We had hamburgers which were pretty good. However, the accompanying salad was a joke - some wilted lettuce leaves and dried out carrot slices with very little dressing. I couldn't even eat it. The service was average, nothing exceptional. Took a look upstairs at the large thermal pool, which looked nice. In fact, the whole place looks like it would be a fun stay, but my review is just based on the lunch.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank MiaGlobetrotter
West Chester, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 15, 2013

You've shown your true colors when you mistreated Daniel Suelo as he's written here:

It was so refreshing after dealing with many unbelievably unfriendly, inhospitable people in Jackson and Wisdom (in Beaverhead county for the most part), especially the people at the Hot Springs Lodge. We simply asked them for food they were throwing away, and we graciously left, without defiance or rebelliousness, when they told us to not "loiter" in front of their resort. Yet the police found us later and told us they had thrown us out. Either they had blatantly lied to the cop or the cop was lying to us. I am not surprised to see that Jackson Hot Springs Lodge has terrible ratings on the Internet!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
6 Thank michael7177
Asheville, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed June 23, 2013

We stayed in one of the duplex rooms. We were warned that the walls were thin, but this is ridiculous. We literally heard everything our neighbors said, every.single.snore. I wouldn't stay in one of those rooms again. We should have camped in their yard. Did I mention the walls are paper thin? Shared bathroom was clean. We ate at the restaurant on site and it was overpriced. Staff was friendly, though. I left my license when checking in and they were kind enough to mail it back, so I do owe them credit for that.

Room Tip: Don't stay in one of those duplex rooms with shared bath unless you know the folks in the other...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
HarpersofBozeman
Reviewed June 6, 2013

The blinds in the bathroom were patched together with scotch tape and disintergrated when I tried to close them. The service at the restaurant was not friendly. The food was mediocre. The hot springs were acceptable. We would have considered giving the lodge another try if it had not been for the blood curdling screams that woke us up at 1:30 am when the bar fight spilled out onto the street. Nope, not doing that again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank HarpersofBozeman
Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

So we called last minute and got reservations so we were happy.... The springs were wonderful!!! Nice soak but we have that a half hour from my home.... We came to get out of town.... The bar was great and the bartender....Jacob I think??? Was very good at what he does!!!! He knew how to make drinks and was very very busy. He also took our order ad served our food which was weird because the Restruant side had ONE table and he busted his butt for the bar side!!!! The food after an hour of waiting took at least another hour to get.... And it was only burgers and chicken.... Which they forgot one of the orders.... The bartender said he would comp hers and even bought us a couple of shots earlier..... The prices were ridiculous for burgers and strips!!!! Long story short..... Our bartender.... Amazing and the springs pretty great but food and other service HORRIBLE!!!! Ps bacon seemed like they cooked it and left it sit all day and then decides to throw it on!!! Not happy!

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Chengstsage

Been to Jackson Hot Springs Lodge? Share your experiences!