2,201 results
All reviews no shoes japanese restaurant villa suite overwater bar our honeymoon sea restaurant man friday marine biologist six senses fish sun deck wine cellar robinson crusoe the resort manager dolphin cruise main restaurant boat traffic
Selected filters
Reviewed May 3, 2016

We were welcomed as part of their family. Everyone in the island was so friendly especially our Miss Friday Nicky.
Stayed over in Crusoe residence and it was a mind blowing stay. Overall our stay was so serene. The staffs are over friendly. It must be either in your bucket list or 1000 place to visit before you die.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
3  Thank navaneep
steven p, General Manager at Gili Lankanfushi, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2016

Good evening from all of us at Gili Lankanfushi and thank so much for your great review.
We are all delighted at how much you enjoyed your stay and Nikki has asked me to pass on her thanks for mentioning her.

Our Crusoe Residences are certainly unique and it was lovely to see that you enjoyed the experience there.

We all hope to see you again at Gili Lankanfushi and many thanks once again for your very kind comments.

Reviewed May 3, 2016

I want a very special thank to my Mr. Friday Atheef. He did his maximum to let my stay extremely pleasant. The food is excellent & all the staff are very nice. Thanks to the General manager to transform that place into Paradise

Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank nbayazid

Good evening from the team here at Gili Lankanfushi.

It was was the most distinct pleasure that we had the opportunity to look after your recent stay with us and I know Atheef will be delighted to here that you mentioned him in particular.

Thank you also for your kind comments with reference to myself. With such a great team here, the transformation of the resort during my tenure here, has been such a pleasure and one we continue to move forward with.

We hope to see you again soon!

Warmest regards

Steevn

Reviewed May 3, 2016

Our family had been going to this resort for many years when it belonged to Six Senses and was called Soneva Gili. We decided to come back this Christmas with all our family.

Unfortunately, our holiday turned into a nightmare due to the terribly maintained rooms.

We got a water villa, just like last time. The second day during our stay, my husband decided to take a bath using the ladder that leads to the sea directly from the bathroom. It was a shock, when I saw how the stairs collapsed underneath him and the water filled with blood. Due a terrible poor maintenance, those stairs had clearly not been changed in years and the wooden steps broke making him crash his leg into the exposed nails of the ladder. I immediately called our butler and asked him to call urgently a doctor. In the meanwhile, I helped my husband come back up (with no stairs, bleeding and a very deep wound on his leg). It took 20 minutes for our butler to arrive, but instead of bringing the doctor, he brought the maintenance team who in 10 min replaced the steps (I guess they were trying to avoid us taking pictures). 45 minutes later arrived a nurse (not the doctor) and when she had a look at the wound she said she could not take care on her own, we needed to go to the local hospital to get stitches. When we finally arrived to the village medical center, the doctor cleaned the wound and decided that stitches where not needed, just steri-strips. He said he would come within the next 2/3 hours to our room, to clean the bandage and put a new one as the wound was bleeding profusely. When we called 3 hours later, they told us that the doctor was no longer on duty. So no one came to clean the bandage all night. The result, a sleepless night, a bed full of blood and my husbands leg completely swollen. During all this time, not a word from the general manager of the hotel. Not an apology, not a call to ask for our wellbeing.
The next day, at night, after spending all day on the shadow, not being able to enjoy the beach or water sports (we are divers, my husband plays tennis, etc) we asked our butler how come the manager had not yet come to see how my husband was doing or to give us an apology on behalf of the resort. The manager never came. We encountered him 2 days later during dinner, he approached our table, gave 3 taps on my husbands shoulder and laughing said: what an unfortunate incident! My husband obviously (after 3/4 sleepless nights and great pain) told him that it was not an unfortunate incident, that it was due to clear under maintenance of the hotel and that we were shocked that we had not received an apology from the resort yet. To this, the manager replied "don't worry, dinner tonight is on us". Let me clarify that we had already paid all breakfast and dinners together with the price of our Water Villa - so it was extremely shocking for us that he would say such a thing with a big smile on his face. Of course, nothing at all was deducted from our bill upon check out.

This could have happened to our kids or nephews or even to me, that I have a blood disorder and it could have escalated to very dangerous levels.

In addition to this horrible experience - the resort overall is not what it used to be.
- The Yoga classes in the morning, where only once given by a yoga instructor. The rest of the days they were given by one of the massage therapists who was very nice and singed to us, but did not teach yoga.
- At the beach, it was hard to find someone to help you move your deck chair (they were extremely heavy)
- When it rained, they would remove the mattress from the deck chairs of your room, but then never come back to put them back in place when it stopped raining.
- We received a welcome plate of fruits the first day (with the name of other guests - I guess by mistake), that remained there for the 10 days of our holidays. The fruit was clearly rotten, and it was still not removed from our bedroom (we ended up giving it to the fish).

Result of the holidays: when we came back to Italy, my husband had to ask for days off from work to cure his wound, which according to the surgeon in Milan had been negligently taken care of as it should have been stitched. The wound had gotten infected and is now approximately 3 cm width and 15 cm long. A scar for life. He still has strong pains when touching the area.

We have not yet (to date) received an apology from this resort or any sort of compensation. Moreover, they claim to have no responsibility over this incident. When our insurance contacted the insurance of Gili Langkafushi, their reply was that they would not assume any responsibility as, to their point of view, the incident had nothing to do with the resort. (the fact that it happened in our water villa, that the steps broke while using them has nothing to do with the resort??)

We are extremely disappointed, it used to be one of our favourite resorts in the world (before it changed management) and now we will need to find another solution for our holidays.

Judge for yourselves with the pictures.

Date of stay: December 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
78  Thank Lux T

Good afternoon
Thank you for your TA review and comments therein.

I was obviously very sad to read the comments made and as I did on quite a few occasions during your stay, the first one being the evening after the incident ( and including a handwritten apology letter from myself to your husband after he had politely stated that I did not appear to be taking the incident seriously) I again apologise for not appearing to do so as this was certainly not my intention. I also saw and spoke to your husband after the event, when he was returning form his regular Water sports and Diving activities. Having been in the hospitality business for 30 years, I have learned always to take all guest comments, both when positive and negative in nature, with the utmost sincerity and seriousness.

In reference to the accident itself, I should clarify that our Front of House Manager, Bahau and your Mr. Friday, Dahaa were with you within a few minutes in order to see how your husband was, followed shortly after by our Engineering team who came to assess the safety aspect of the incident and make urgent repairs where required. Our Nurse arrived shortly afterwards, assessed the wound and decided that it would be better for our Doctor to see him. After a short time waiting for a buggy, he was escorted to the Doctors Surgery which is situated in our Host village, where better medical treatment could be given.

In terms of the insurance pay out, please let me look into this.

I am very sorry that your sunbed covers were not replaced after the rain stopped. This should never have happened and also for the Name issue. Having spoken to Dahaa this evening he was very surprised to hear this, as he personally puts the welcome letters in his villas. Our apologies if this was indeed the case. Also I agree the fruit should have been removed and I have ensured that a similar incident will not re-occur.

In terms of our 2nd Yoga instructor, Khun Num, I am sorry that she did not live up to our normal standards. She is registered as a Yoga instructor, but obviously did not live up to both your expectations. Khun Num was here as a Crystal healer and yoga instructor to help us over this very busy period.

As mentioned previously, I will get back to you via email in terms of the Insurance claim and in the meantime I continue to assure you of my best of intentions at all times.

Sincerely yours

Reviewed May 2, 2016 via mobile

We have been here twice oct 2014 for our honeymoon and Oct 2015, this resort is the most unbelievable place on earth.. No shoes from the minute you get on the boat to the resort to the time you are back in the boat leaving you don't see them.
The sand the sea the marine life the food... Absolutely everything about this place is absolute heaven...
We have been to a few resorts in the Maldives and this is by far the best..
You will die when you see the overwater bungalow!!!

Date of stay: October 2015
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank maldive-ssssss

Good morning!
Thanks so much for your review of Gili Lankanfushi!. It is always our pleasure to welcome back guests to the resort and we are proud to say that this is happening with increasing regularity. The whole team here really do love using the words "Welcome back"!
It was great to read how much you enjoyed yourselves and we all look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed May 1, 2016

I'm not one for writing reviews, but on this occasion i feel rather compelled to do so. We stayed for our honeymoon and was certainly not disappointed. It was our first time in the Maldives and the Gili Lankanfushi made it a truly an amazing experience. Everything from the water villa to the exceptional food. Not forgetting the butler service; Mr Friday always on hand! I must say for such a top resort like this, it was refreshing to be surrounded by many genuine friendly staff whilst maintaining such high professionalism. Total relaxation - Highly recommended!

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank gjs76

Good morning from the whole team here at Gili Lankanfushi and many thanks for your lovely review.
It always feels like a privilege to have the chance to look after guests who visit us on such an important occasion as a Honeymoon and it was wonderful to read that we were able to surpass to your expectations.
We look look forward to seeing you again either for an anniversary or just for a vacation!