“Locals welcome only.”

Off The Beaten Path
Ranked #7 of 10 Restaurants in Hungry Horse
Reviewed June 3, 2018 via mobile

Our family went for dinner there recently, while we frequent this area every weekend this place only offers support for local residents. Without a Montana drivers licence you will not be offered a discount. I would think that in the summer months especially, a large portion of business will come from us “non-residents”. I will be sure to let our large group of friends and family that frequent this area know that we are not welcome in your establishment as we will not be treated equally.

Quite over priced for mediocre food.

The building is gorgeous! And location is great!! Too bad they are not inclusive in welcoming all guests :(

TamarackLodge, Public Relations Manager at Off The Beaten Path, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi Lyndsey thanks for reviewing the Historic Tamarack Lodge. This special was only valid through June 14. We now offer specials for everyone through our busy season. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed September 6, 2017

Motzarella sticks were very good, some of the better I have ever had. The tator tots were also extremely good. The cheesesteak was ok, but nothing great. The ribs on the other hand which were recommended were terrible. Not sure if the cooking technique was changed due to the fires in the area or what? Iwould go back due to the sides, but would never consider the ribs. The Motzarella sticks and tots saved this meal for us.

Reviewed August 13, 2017

As noted, this restaurant is in the Tamarack lodge. You don't even see a sign with this name out front... We ate here on a Sunday at about 5:00. Service was good! We were starving so, we ordered some egg-roll appetizers to start with. 4 of them are in an order and were large, hot, fresh and delicious with a great sweet and sour sauce. I had the pulled pork sandwich, and tater tots. The sandwich had a lot of delicious pork and the tater tots were perfect!!! Lucky me - I took half of each home and get to enjoy them again! My husband had the chicken sandwich which also was tasty and he agreed the tots were grand. We were stuffed, so got some Huckleberry pie to go and had it a bit later. It was awesome. I want to figure out how to send about a dozen frozen pies home.... We will likely visit again before we leave! Prices were good also.

Reviewed August 4, 2017

We dined here on arrival in Hungry Horse to visit Glacier. It is part of the Tamarack lodge. The staff and owner were helpful and pleasant, we enjoyed our meal and were made to feel very welcome. Highlight was the home-made Huckleberry ice cream - a real treat.

Reviewed July 5, 2017

My son was married the weekend of July 1 and the food was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!! Eric the owner was serving the prime rib and was very social.