“We'll give it a B-”

Mini Golden Inns Motel
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Hungry Horse
Reviewed June 20, 2010

After the 5 hour rainy drive from Southern Montana, it would have been nice to have been greeted at the front desk with a friendly smile and a warm welcome. Rather, it seemed like an inconvenience for the receptionist to check us in. Attitude aside, the room was fair - clean, TV, etc. A bit pricey. Not much going on in Hungry Horse. We drove to Whitefish for a bite to eat.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Mini Golden Inns Motel

Reviewed December 2, 2009

It's the only nice place to stay in town. Large spacious rooms with 70's decor. We had an end unit, but the door wasn't sealed so we had earwigs and bugs entering our room. They promised internet but they could not deliver. The owners were very crabby and appeared not to like their work. A man slept in his truck just past the end unit. Be warned that you cannot cancel your reservations.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank Greg6
Reviewed August 31, 2009

VERY CLEAN!!! It has laundry facilites, continental breakfast. Very pleasant surprise. Close to glacier park. We would stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 7, 2009

The location is very good. The room was clean but the smell - Oh... it was SMOKING. Double check before !!!!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 13, 2008

I reserved a room here only because all the accomodations within Glacier National Park were sold out, and I was pleasantly surprised. As others have said, the rooms were clean, and the staff was very friendly.

The hotel is just a fifteen minute drive from the west entrance to Glacier National Park, so if you stay here, you can still spend as much time as you want at the Park, and be just a few minutes from your hotel room.

There are also several nice restaurants nearby. Like most visitors, I ate at The Huckleberry Patch, which is across the street from the hotel, and even bought a slice of their wonderful Huckleberry Pie to eat on my flight home.

There is another advantage to staying here instead of in Glacier National Park: because Hungry Horse is at a lower elevation than the park, the weather is warmer. I was there over Labor Day weekend, and driving on Going to the Sun road was iffy due to a snowstorm. If I had stayed inside the park, it would have been a challenge to get down from the park to Kalispell for my flight home. Because I stayed here, I had a very easy drive to the airport, mostly on four lane divided highways. Snowstorms can happen at Glacier any time of the year, even in Summer, and I would hate to miss a flight because I couldn't drive over the Continental Divide.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled solo
Reviewed August 26, 2008

It was the hottest day of the year so far in Montana, the property I'd planned to stay at in West Glacier had no air conditioning, old beds, no TV, no free breakfast, no free internet and a reputation for lots of noise. Having planned this trip for some time I was determined to still do some limited hiking despite the heat, I was willing to experience some pain for a good hike, but hadn't planned on even more pain from my room.

After checking into my original hotel but needing to stay cool I went for a ride down Rt. 2 and a few minutes later was in Hungry Horse, I noticed a motel advertising "squeaky clean rooms", air conditioning, free internet service and a free breakfast and decided to stop in...I was soon checking out of my original hotel.

This is my new favorite place to stay around Glacier Park. The rooms are spacious, modern, remarkably clean with everything you would need and more. The hosts are professional and really take care of the property which they had built some 15 years ago. I can't wait to get back here in the future and will probably book one of the suites.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank RoomZoom
Reviewed September 7, 2007

This was 1 of 5 places we stayed on a trip to Glacier NP, and it was by far the best value. The rooms are immaculate. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The office was open early with the coffee brewed. It was quiet other than the usual parking lot noise outside. I will absolutely stay here again if I return to the area, and I'll recommend it to others.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled with friends
#4 of 6 in West Glacier
Glacier Travel Inn
Glacier Travel Inn
#4 of 5 in Columbia Falls

Been to Mini Golden Inns Motel? Share your experiences!