Outstanding place to stay! Both Jenie and Doug met us at the door when we arrived (so did Toby their wonderful dog). We stayed in both their unit cabins (kinda like a motel, but all hand crafted log furniture, wood walls, great decor) and their newest cabins. Both were great. New beds everywhere. Unlike most places we stayed at they spent time with us going over the Glacier Park map so we fully understood how we could see the "best places" during our visit. They should be guides! The lodge is amazing. I think it is 100 years old. It is very impressive. They updated everything inside to include a huge flatscreen TV in the main area with the pool table. Planning to stay again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in a scenic mountain valley in the midst of the Montana Rockies, the Historic Tamarack Lodge & Cabins embodies a classic ambiance with modern amenities for a year-round getaway in the Crown of the Continent. Originally constructed in 1907, the lodge maintains its rustic charm with a log cabin design, placing its long history alongside modern updates that make for a stay in comfort and relaxation. Enjoy the history and ambience of the historic lodge when you stay upstairs in our classic lodge rooms. Historic Motel Units, originally built to house workers on the nearby Hungry Horse Dam project, laid out in fourplexes provide budget accommodation adjacent to the lodge whilst 26 contemporary cabins located throughout the six acre property offer the perfect opportunity for a group or couple friendly retreat in the forest. All guests are free to relax in our Lodge Great Room and enjoy the character of the lodge throughout their stay. Sip on a tasty beverage from our Saloon and coffee bar, or nibble from our selection of onsite dining options while you relax by the fire on a snowy winter day or unwind from a day exploring the great Montana outdoors. With Montana's Flathead National Forest in your backyard and Glacier National Park your next door neighbor, the Historic Tamarack Lodge & Cabins offers the perfect setting for your next family vacation, corporate retreat, special event, or weekend getaway! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline and getaroom.com so you can book your Historic Tamarack Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Historic Tamarack Hotel Hungry Horse
- Historic Tamarack Lodge Hungry Horse, Montana