We needed a place to stay on the west side of Glacier National Park and booked the Tamarack Lodge for 2 nights. We chose this place because it's only 8 miles from the park entrance and the reviews were positive on tripadvisor. We never formally met the owner as he took the dog (Toby) camping for the weekend. However, the manager provided top notch service. She was always there if we needed a questioned answered.
Our room was a one queen unit cabin. We noticed the two queen rooms were much larger. Although the room was not large, it was clean, rustic and had lots of amenities. The room featured satellite TV service, refrigerator, microwave and free wireless. However, the wifi was very slow during our stay. I will say we never had any problems sleeping. I read the complaints about being close to the road and creaky floors. Neither bothered us once during the 2 nights and every room was filled.
The main Lodge provided a great setting for the continental breakfast. It's a neat building inside. They also had lots of park maps and info about the area. The grounds were very nice. The resident dog Toby showed us around to the back of the property where we saw the llamas. Everyone staying here was friendly. It added to the quality of our visit.
Overall, we will definitely return when coming back to West Glacier. For around $100 a night for a unit cabin, this is a very good value for the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in a scenic mountain valley in the midst of the Montana Rockies, the Historic Tamarack Lodge & Cabins embodies a classic ambiance with modern amenities for a year-round getaway in the Crown of the Continent. Originally constructed in 1907, the lodge maintains its rustic charm with a log cabin design, placing its long history alongside modern updates that make for a stay in comfort and relaxation. Enjoy the history and ambience of the historic lodge when you stay upstairs in our classic lodge rooms. Historic Motel Units, originally built to house workers on the nearby Hungry Horse Dam project, laid out in fourplexes provide budget accommodation adjacent to the lodge whilst 26 contemporary cabins located throughout the six acre property offer the perfect opportunity for a group or couple friendly retreat in the forest. All guests are free to relax in our Lodge Great Room and enjoy the character of the lodge throughout their stay. Sip on a tasty beverage from our Saloon and coffee bar, or nibble from our selection of onsite dining options while you relax by the fire on a snowy winter day or unwind from a day exploring the great Montana outdoors. With Montana's Flathead National Forest in your backyard and Glacier National Park your next door neighbor, the Historic Tamarack Lodge & Cabins offers the perfect setting for your next family vacation, corporate retreat, special event, or weekend getaway! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, Agoda and getaroom.com so you can book your Historic Tamarack Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Historic Tamarack Hotel Hungry Horse
- Historic Tamarack Lodge Hungry Horse, Montana