Historic Tamarack Lodge
Mini Golden Inns Motel(Hungry Horse)(Great Value!)
$94
Hotels.com
Glacier Travel Inn(Columbia Falls)
$75
Hotwire.com
Cedar Creek Lodge & Conference Center(Columbia Falls)(Great Value!)
$140
Travelocity
Meadow Lake Resort(Columbia Falls)(Great Value!)
$106
$89
Glacier Guides Lodge(West Glacier)(Great Value!)
$167
Travelocity
TripAdvisor
All reviewsbeaver pondfull kitchenglacier national parkthe ownercoffee makerback porchcomfortable bedthe grillplace to staytwo nightsfire pitribsroad noisegreat fithiking trailsfamily vacationhear everything
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 20, 2009

I chose to book a unit cabin based on the Tamarack's excellent website and the positive reviews I read here on TripAdvisor. I am very happy I chose this place as my base for two days of exploring Glacier National Park. Doug is everything you want from a host--warm, friendly, helpful, knowledgable about the area, but also unobtrusive if you want to be left alone. The room was spotlessly clean and perfect for my needs, I slept great, and it is so conveniently close to Glacier I was able to really make the most of my time in the area. The staff recommended a nearby grill/pizza restaurant, and the food was so good I ate three meals there, including an outstanding, hearty breakfast. My one caution on this unit cabin is that the shower is TINY! It was not a problem for me, but might be for some people. I found this location to be peaceful and quiet, and I adored the faint, distant sound of the train from time to time. I loved this place and I really appreciate Doug's great work as an excellent host.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed August 27, 2009

We did not realize it was on a very busy, noisy highway near the entry to Glacier Park, until we arrived. After checking in and unloading our bags, we decided we would not be able to stand it for a 4-day stay. We asked to cancel our reservation and, incredibly, the owner offered to help us find another place in the area that would fit our needs. He was even willing to refund us for that night if we wanted to move on. They called around and found us another facility, and we moved the following day. I can't say enough about how considerate and accommodating the owner was......said he just wanted us to have a great experience in Glacier Park......and thought we would probably enjoy more of a resort - type atmosphere.

The rooms here are furnished sparsely with a pine-pole bed, small table and one straight-back chair plus a dresser. One small bed light, but it was over the center of the bed and cast enough light for reading. There is no counter top in the bathroom, so we had to put our things up on top of a water heater next to the sink. At $104/night summer prices, we did not consider this a good value.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Patty P
TamarackLodge, Owner at Historic Tamarack Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2009

Lodging around Glacier National Park is relatively close to the two main transportation routes, Highway 2 and the Great Northern Railway. We are one of the fortunate properties located further away from the railroad; while still maintain our locations near the travel routes. Our facility is diverse and offers lodging all over our 6 acre grounds, including our new luxury chalet cabins located on the bluff above our historic lodge and our unit cabins (renovated original style motel units). Our property provides simple rooms, bed and breakfast facilities, and family lodging and luxury cabins so we are able to provide for a wide base of travelers coming to the area.

We also are a modernized facility offering Wi-Fi in EVERY room and cabin, satellite TV and event locations (for family gatherings, weddings, receptions and music events) and we are able to offer a good rate even with these amenities that are not offered inside the National Park.

Our website is fairly extensive regarding room descriptions and pictures and guest always have the ability to see what their accommodations are before booking. We also always try to upgrade guest to the style of rooms/cabins they are looking for and would have loved to have had these people stay in the facilities more suited to their personality and preference, but we were sold out and there was no opportunity to do so in this case. We are ecstatic they were able to find lodging at short notice and would love them to come back and visit the full extent of our resort in the future.

As we expand and build we continue to appreciate our diverse reviews and guests and look forward to having the variety continue!

Reviewed August 16, 2009

wonderful place to stay! Hillary greeted our family upon arrival.What a welcome !She is a huge asset to the lodge! Doug and Ashley were fantastic. Doug the owner is a real people person.We felt so at home at the lodge. In the evening it was like relaxing with old friends. The Lodge is beautiful.Doug has done a great job with improvements.The lodge was everything we were looking for. Great rustic atmosphere.Great place for kids. Our children loved the back yard.There were outside toys to use,volleyball net and swings.We can't forget the animals.Two lamas,a friendly horse and everyone's best friend ,Toby the dog! At night we would sit by the fire pit and relax. This is such a special place ,it was really hard to leave! If you are looking for a friendly and warm place to stay this is the place. Our memories at the Historic Tamarack lodge will always be cherished ones!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed August 15, 2009

Stayed in "The Griz" cabin for 6 nights and had a excellent time. The cabin was clean and comfortable for my wife, 10 year old daughter and I. Hillary and staff (Doug was out of town and we did not meet until our last day) were very hospitable and helpful in selecting activites to do in Glacier. Convenient to Glacier, grocery, and restaurants. Would definately stay there again. We already miss seeing Toby (resident dog).

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed August 11, 2009

The rooms were nice and well equipped and the service was excellent. The management went out of their way for us on several occasions. We had many people there to attend a wedding and all had an excellent experience. Great for a nice, clean and simple stay.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family