“Bed & Breakfast Perfection”

Glacier Park Inn Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 3 Hungry Horse B&B and Inns
Chicago, Illinois
“Bed & Breakfast Perfection”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2011

It is places like this that make us stay at B&B's. Mark & Mary are fantastic hosts and their place is amazing. The view from the back deck overlooking the Flathead River is a great way to start your day. The very tasty and healthy breakfasts got us ready for a day of hiking in GNP.
They will let you do laundry which was very helpful to us.

Room Tip: We were in the Camas room. It was perfect.
1 Thank DJBrooklyn

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Cape Coral, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2011

Our stay at GPB&B was more than we could have ever expected. Mark & Mary are so welcoming and provide the comfy "home" base to explore GNP. The delicious and bountiful breakfast, the comfortable bed and bath, the helpful tips for planning our GNP hiking, the relaxing and pleasant deck overlooking the Flathead River and GNP Mt views were all perfect for our trip to GNP.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank BRtravels_11
Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2011

We can loudly echo the previous positive comments. The view from the deck is one of the best we've seen, and Mark and Mary made us feel like friends, not just paying customers; we were encouraged to use the kitchen for any needs we might have. We like to stay in B&B's mainly for the local knowledge we gain, and we weren't disappointed. Our three days running in to Glacier Park were marvelous - it's only a 10 minute drive to the park enterance- and it was very nice to return to the privacy and quiet of an entire house while other guests were still sight-seeing. Mark and Mary live 'up the hill' in their own home, so the B&B was truly a home away from home. Our only minor negative was the first night with a neighboring room playing a tv to loudly. We mentioned it to Mary who was sorry for our inconvenience, but happy to move us to a room on the main floor - the one with the bath down the hall. While the bath arrangement was a bit unusual, it certainly wasn't an inconvenience. To end on a positive note, it was a great stay in a lovely, clean, country home with a spectacular view. You can 'Google Earth' the location for a good idea of what the location is like.

2 Thank ReenieFlorida
Augusta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2011

Mark & Mary are really good hosts who are also nice people, besides running a great, clean, nice Bed & Breakfast. We were 2 couples from the South and East Coast who spent 3 nights at their lodge overlooking the river, and had never been to Montana, and weren't sure what to expect. If your going to Montana, their lodge is the type place you should stay. There is nothing that beats the view from the back deck, and Mary is a good cook who serves huge breakfasts. We used their lodge as a "base camp" to run into Glacier National Park every day. We had a great time, with great hosts and they are a hidden gem .......... among the government run lodges inside the park that will isolate you,

Room Tip: First floor rooms, closest to the deck
3 Thank Bill M
Carbondale, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2011

I have to agree with the majority of reviewers who had an excellent experience here. For the previous reviewer to rate a place "terrible" because their bathroom was detached from their bedroom is nutty. Our room was very ample in size, had a nice attached bathroom, and was clean, attractive, and comfortable in every respect (including its own flat screen TV).

The building is of modern rustic architecture with extensive high quality woodwork, art work, and other furnishings. Even though it is close to U.S. Highway 2, it is very quiet, and the view of the Flathead River from the common area deck in back is outstanding. The furnishings include a computer with Internet access for the use of guests.

The furnishings include photographs taken by the owners of their annual expeditions to the coastal islands of British Columbia to document the white bears there (which are genetically black bears). This is part of their effort to insure that the natural environment of that area is preserved, especially for the benefit of the native Indians who live there. I'm glad to know that some of the money that we paid for our lodging is contributing to that cause.

The owners are likewise very knowledgeable about the natural attractions of Glacier National Park, and were kind enough to loan us a can of bear repellant to take on our hike there. (We returned it unused, as the chance of a negative bear encounter is probably about 1 in 100,000 on any one day hike.)

Breakfast was likewise excellent, with interesting conversations around the table with other guests, all of whom seemed to be completely pleased with the place and the hospitality of the owners.

For meals other than breakfast, it is necessary to drive to restaurants along Highway 2, but there are a variety of good ones there within 1 to 5 miles.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Cetus12
Phoenix, Arizona
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2011

I was looking forward to staying at a B&B on my recent trip. I have stayed at many B&Bs across the country -- dozens and dozens. Never have I run into the problems I had with my stay at this B&B.

As I was shown my room I was very surprised to find that the entrance to the "private" bath was down the hall from my room. Not only was it down the hall, but the door to it was right next to a door of another guest's room. Their website should state if a bath is down the hall from a guest room. Instead here is what it states on their website: Great room for a single or anyone on a tight budget. This room features a double bed and private bath. Maximum Occupancy: 2. This wording does not imply that it is down the hall.

I am well acquainted with B&B websites. If the bath entrance is not within the guest room, it will state "across the hall" or "down the hall", etc. Glacier Park Inn's website is very misleading. When I complained about the bath being down the hall, I was told "this is NOT a hotel". The hotel comment had no bearing. I am well aware of what a B&B is and is not. The owner acted like I had no idea what a B&B is or what to expect at a B&B.

Their solution seemed to be all one had to do was shut the door entrance to the hallway. That solved nothing with another guest room in that hallway.

The other problem was a strong cigarette smell in the guest room. It reeked and I smelled it immediately as I entered the room. The owner said they couldn't smell anything. Said I must be smelling campfires in the area. How would I be smelling campfires with the window shut? I was told that their B&B is non-smoking. I may have missed it but I see nothing on their website about it being non-smoking. Also there is nothing at the B&B that states there is to be no smoking. I was not informed about it being non-smoking when I arrived, only informed of that after complaining about the cigarette smoking smell. Wouldn't you inform a guest if you don't want anyone smoking in the B&B? I have also seen many times on other B&B websites that they are non-smoking and smoking is only allowed outside or such.

All of my discussion with the owners took place on the first evening and I didn't mention anything again during my 2 night stay there. As the discussion was closing that first evening, the owner asked if waffles were okay for breakfast. I didn't say anything, but don't know if she interpreted my body language or something as she then said very irritatedly, "you'll have eggs then". The breakfasts were adequate but nothing as good as I've experienced at other B&Bs.

Two things that might make the stay in the Great Northern Room better would be to have a mirror in the room instead of having to go down the hall to the bath to even look in a mirror. A small one could easily be hung over the chest of drawers instead of the photograph. There is also room for a small straight chair where one could sit to put on shoes. The only place to sit in the room is on the bed. The mattress was very, very firm, not even a good pad on top of it. So even with the smoke smell and bath issue the room is very minimal for the price.

The owner did mention that first night about discounting the room rate. When I checked out though I was charged the full rate. This was the highest room rate I paid on my extensive vacation and the most unpleasant. I must say the owner was not very amiable about my issues, nearly acting like I didn't have a clue or why didn't I get it or such as to what B&Bs are. I was very glad to leave this place.

The owner did mention that they have good reviews on tripadvisor. I had looked at it before my stay. On looking again at their reviews, there is only one review from 2011 and 3 from 2010 and 18 over all the years, so not many reviews really, although they are positive until this one.

I have tried to e-mail the owner since I have returned home and I keep getting delivery status delay and then failure. So is their e-mail out for now or is the e-mail address on the website incorrect?

Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
6 Thank D S
Buffalo, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2011

Mary and Mary not only have a beautiful home with a breathtaking view, but they are two of the most pleasant people my family, friends and I have every met. From the unique architecture to the gorgeous photography in the house (Mark's own pictures), the aura that this B&B radiates in second to none.

We are a large family with a lot of friends so the layout of this B&B was perfect for us; the whole house was rented. When is was time for the "parents" to go to bed, we "kids" (in our 20's and 30's, haha) went down to the second floor to play games and what not with out disturbing the others (for the most part!). Six bedrooms and four baths altogether was more than enough for my family.

Now let me get to the outside of the house! Words can not describe its beauty. There is a steep trail to the lake, a horseshoe pit kayaks and bikes with which to play and an abundance of land to enjoy surrounding the house; although this B&B is off the HWY 2, you are secluded and lack any noise pollution whatsoever. Sit on the porch and watch the rafters and fishermen, or look into the mountains with their stellar microscope. Morning coffee has never tasted better on the swinging chair. As we converted our patio dinner table into game night, the utter feeling of enjoyment and positive energy continued to overcome us all.

Just minutes from Glacier National Park and its Road to the Sun, this B&B is truely heaven on earth.

Thanks Mark and Mary and we hope to see you soon!

The Klauks and friends!

#2 of 13 in West Glacier
Silverwolf Log Chalet Resort
Silverwolf Log Chalet Resort
#9 of 13 in West Glacier

Been to Glacier Park Inn Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!