“Best prices on Glacier National Park souveniers”

The Huckleberry Patch Cannery, Restaurant, & Gift Shop
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Hungry Horse
Riverside, California
“Best prices on Glacier National Park souveniers”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

What an adorable store, 1st of all. Everything from Christmas ornaments, clothing, glasses, -all kinds of GNP nick knacks. I tour all of the stores.. There's has the best prices. Shop around and see.. You will come back. Also, definitely get a huckleberry shake. They are absolutely Amazing.

• Visited June 2013

New Jersey
“Returned again in 2013 for the best huckleberry pie in the world”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

We were on our way to Hungry Horse Dam and couldn't wait to have another huge piece of huckleberry pie. We brought home huckleberry perserves last year from the gift shop, and everyone put in orders for more jars this year. I love the tartness of the huckleberry pie and they make the best pie crust ever. If you order pie, don't plan on eating anything else. The slice of pie is huge and filling.

Edmonton, Canada
“don't bother stopping”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

There was nothing juicy about the huckleberry pies, they were not even sweet. They were overpriced as well. What a disappointment. We paid 29$ for a whole pie to take home and eat, and ended up throwing over half away. It was mushed up berries with the juice pulled out of them.

D L L, Owner at The Huckleberry Patch Cannery, Restaurant, & Gift Shop, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
I was sure sorry to read your review that you were disappointed with our homemade huckleberry pie. With hardly an exception, we have our customers consistently giving us rave reviews about our signature item. Indeed, the reviewer did jus that. Our huckleberry pies (both the crusts AND the filling) are made in-house from scratch. Our filling is 7 simple ingredients and only utilizes whole berries...no juicing or straining allowed. We always recommend warming the pie just a tad and adding a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top. Huckleberries are slightly tart with a wild boldness that pairs really well vanilla!

I certainly understand that everyone's tastes differ and I'm sorry that our pie we didn't meet your expectations. We unconditionally guarantee all our huckleberry products and would like to refund your brother for his purchase. Please have him contact me at his convenience and we'll gladly drop a check in the mail or credit his card.

We sure hope your family's pie experience doesn't sour you on huckleberries. We think they're Mother Nature's special gift to the Northern Rockies.

Montana Regards,

Ladd Lincoln, owner
dllincoln@montana.com
Edmonton, Canada
“worse pie I ever ate”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

My brother could talk of nothing else but having huckleberry pie. we stopped at this restaurant and gift store to make him happy. My Mom looked at various huc items offered by the store, while my brother bought a whole pie $29. We got back to the campsite and had supper and settled in for a nice juicy piece of huc pie. Boy were we disappointed. There was nothing juicy about this pie. It seemed to me that perhaps the berries were mashed, then drained in a tube for making jelly so the juice came all out, and the mush left was put into the pie. It was not even sweet enough to raise my blood sugar. What a disappointment. The sad part of this is that now my brother judges all the huckle berry pies of the region by this places pie. He threw more than half the pie out.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank DGariepy
--->Owner's Note: The following response is also posted on The Huckleberry Patch where we are listed under attractions.

Montana Regards,

Ladd Lincoln, owner
dllincoln@montana.com
Great Falls, Montana
“Good Food!”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

The menu is very small but wonderful. The breakfast of huckleberry pancakes is to die for. This is a fun place to visit. There are a variety of Huck products in the gift store.

• Visited May 2013