“A Great Stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hungry Horse
Mountain Meadow RV Park & Cabins
Reviewed August 14, 2013

We spent three weeks here in 7/2013 into 8/2013. The site was pretty, bathrooms excellent,laundry clean and nice and the staff treated us like royalty. We had a great time and I would stay again. My only complaint was the dust, but it was mostly caused but campers who do not know how to read a speedometer.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Buckeye1966
There are newer reviews for Mountain Meadow RV Park & Cabins

Reviewed August 9, 2013

Just spent 7 nights. Our campsite was under the trees and it wasn't an rv parking lot. Actually was like a campground. Grass area adjacent to our site. Bathrooms and laundry were sparling clean. Cool pond that or grand kids got to fish and hunt for crawdads. Close to Glacier national park, Flathead Lake, and fun activities. On our list of best campsites!!!!

Room Tip: We stayed in space #38
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank aokanne
Reviewed August 9, 2013

We stayed at Mountain Meadows for 5 days in June, 2013 while visiting Glacier National Park. We had a great experience. The facilities were very clean. The staff was helpful. We visited the store several times to pick up odds and ends that we had run out of. Very helpful, very friendly. Beautiful RV Park. We liked the layout of the park. Feels like you are camping, not just parked on the side of the road. Kids had a great time here. Clean laundry facility on site. Wi-Fi worked great. We would stay her again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 7, 2013

We are from Utah and some of our kids live in Whitefish which is not far from here. The campground is very wooded and nice but the staff and management is anything but. Their rules are very strict and the night watchman has the people skills of a mother grizzly in heat. All visitors must be out by 10:00 PM and if you have more than 2 people in your camp it is $5.00 per person and each car is $20.00, even though there was room for 3 or 4 cars it our site. We will finish our stay here but we will not stay here again. The road is quite close and the train is not far away either. But the worst part is the staff.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Wayne B
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Absolutely horrible place to stay! We had family come in and pay for four days. They fail to tell you that if you want an extra car its twenty bucks and four dollars for each person. They will also kick you out of there at 10 p.m. The people had horrible customer service skills and were super rude! I would go somewhere elase. Not even close to being worth the money!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Dave H
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Booked a full hook-up RV site for 8 nights months in advance with confirmation. Arrived, checked in, charged for full hook up site. Sent to an electric and water only site and informed that we will be charged $10 for a truck to come clean out our sewer tank in addition to the $42/night full hook up rate we were already paying! Site was not deep enough for our 23' trailer and vehicle. Had to back car up leaving only about 1-1 1/2 feet between car and camper. Never stayed a night. Were charged for one night and issued refund for the rest (Which has yet to post to my account 6 days later). Asked about names of other campgrounds and they refused and got belligerent! Tried to camp here with my Army Veteran husband and disabled 9 year old daughter. Tried to give information about daughter's medical condition and they threw it in the trash right in front of us. Disgusting, disgraceful people! Please listen to mine and other horrible reviews and don't let these awful people ruin your vacation like they TRIED to do to ours!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Kristy734
Reviewed July 2, 2013

I am so appreciative of the people who wrote reviews of Mtn. Meadow dated 10/1/12, 8/28/12, 9/9/11, 7/29/11. My one regret is that I didn't read them before we had the misfortune of staying there. I made reservations for two nights with the possibility of three. That was fine with the person taking the reservation. When I went into the office the morning that we wanted to extend our stay I was told by Sue that you just can't walk into the office expecting them to hold a campsite for us. I told her that we were more than willing to move to another campsite and that it appeared that a good one third of the campground was vacant. She said they had no openings. Period! I walked away from there wondering what I had said wrong so I asked my husband to go to the office to talk to her. She met him with "I suppose you're here to complain!" He explained that we just wanted to stay another night and asked her to not to be so defensive. She said they had no openings for that night. Again he told her that we were willing to move and that there appeared to be several open campsites. She told him they were done talking and escorted him to the door.
I left the campground in tears. Never in forty-five years of camping have we been treated so rudely!
When we were setting up our fifth wheel the water pressure broke so for two days we had no water/toilets/ showers. My husband and I are in our late sixties and my husband has several disabilities - back, knees, feet. To walk up and down steep hills to use the restrooms because we were parked in a campsite way on top was very difficult for both of us. We didn't say anything to the management or asked to be moved because it wasn't their fault.
We spent the day in Glacier and when we came back my husband was able to repair the water pressure problem (without breaking any campground rules) so we decided to stay another day. I couldn't ask for an extension earlier because without water we thought we'd have to end our trip early and go home.
When I made the reservations I was asked if I wanted electricity and water. I told her I wanted full hookup. When we got to the campground our campsite only had electricity and water although there were several open that included sewer. We asked about it and were told we could dump either before we set up camp or on our way out. I was also told they had a fenced in pet area and learned after looking for half an hour that was not the case. Pets are not welcome on the grassy areas, but in the wooded areas around the campground with warnings of bears all over the place.
To be treated so rudely with no provocation whatsoever was awful. This lady has chosen a profession where she has to deal with people on a daily basis and I realize that at times people can difficult, but we were polite, quiet, unassuming - totally undeserving of this kind of treatment. Fortunately it does make me feel better that other people have been treated the same way because we drove away from there wondering what we had done wrong, but there is no excuse for making my husband and I feel so badly or anyone else for that matter.
This setting is peaceful and the restroom facilities were very nice, but the behavior of Sue ruined this entire camping situation for us. It's very unfortunate - our first and last time visiting Glacier National Park!

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
#4 of 5 in Columbia Falls
Vista Motel
Vista Motel
#4 of 6 in West Glacier

Been to Mountain Meadow RV Park & Cabins? Share your experiences!