“very relaxing”

9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“very relaxing”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

For a nice, long, relaxing soak in the hot springs, this is the place to go. This place is rustic looking but the atmosphere is very nice. You can either soak inside in the bear claw bathtubs or you can soak outside in the soaking pools. There is an antique shop on site as well as there being antiques inside the hotel, that are for sale. There is also a very nice clothing shop as well as a nice restaurant inside if you are hungry. There is live music on the weekends for added enjoyment. This place offers day soaking or you can stay overnight, either way.....its a win win situation.

Visited July 2012
2 Thank R G

Columbia Falls, Montana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“worst place ever.”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

My husband and I took a little vacation out to hot springs Montana last weekend with out the kids. I tell you what I would not take my kids here. Not only are they run down and out of date, there where no TV's in the room nothing. Upon entering the room we had to drive to Polson to the Walmart just to get a can or air freshener just to be able to tolerate being in that room. When we went to the pool where they just let anyone walk up and use. My husband was only able to stay in the pool for about 15 minutes before he ended up feeling sick. We then went back to the room to take a shower and turning on the hot water or even the cold water you got the smell of the hot springs which literally smells like rotting eggs. He ended up throwing up all over the room and was laid up for 5 hours before we could go anywhere. Then later that night we went to the restaurant in the hotel and then we both ended up getting sick from eating the food. FOOD POISIONING if you ask me Every time you turn around it seemed like someone was trying to sell you something. Their prices are outrageous. They allow dogs in the hotel there was a dog right down the hall from our room that was barking constantly and scratching at the door. When we complained about it to the front desk they didn't do anything about it. We went all night listening to the dog. All I can say is never again biggest waste of money ever. The bathroom contained mold around the faucets in the bathtub on the floor, and let alone the toilet was leaking. My husband and I tried to hold it as much as possible just so we didn't have to use the bathroom. The beds were in horrible shape.Honestly this place should be shut down due to health code violations among lots of other things.

Visited March 2013
4 Thank amandah229
Post Falls
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Have low expectations and be pleasantly surprised”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

We rented a cabin. It was great but had no shower. After a night at the local bar (within waliking distance from the resort) and several soaks in the hotsprings, I can say that my husband and I have never felt so relaxed in all our life. The owner is on sight and pretty much does everything. She will check you in, make you a Latte from the coffee stand, and take your breakfast order. Your information will be neatly kept on a cardex because this place is old school. There is no cell service in town and my husbands cell phone literally showed the date was 1980, even though we felt like we were in the 60's. The town of Hotsprings makes you feel welcome from Symes to the local shops and Fergies bar and grill. The weekdays are not as busy as the weekends so I would suggest spending Thursday night. Although it's a small town, it really picks up on the weekends. People seem to come out of the woodwork on Friday and Saturday nights. All in all, this was a great experience. Very pet friendly.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank ChristiGPostFalls
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Worst $70 ever spent!”
Reviewed October 17, 2012

September 22nd went to what we thought was going to be a great birthday for my mother! Instead we got in trouble cause her dog was barking, duh! He's a dog! They payed for him to be there! Then we were told we had to tip toe through the halls after ten apparently because they are to cheap to restore the place! There was no tv, no phone, no clock, no coffee maker, and in my room there was no shower! Wow! Cost us $70 and the room stunk! There was dead bugs in the window, and in my mothers room there was black mold growing on the walls! The floors were gross, the furniture was old out of date and nothing was the same in any room! For the price I would think that they could have everything up to date or at least be able to hire another person to keep stuff clean because there was bugs hanging in the ceiling windows! The manager was rude and unprofessional! My husband and I didn't even stay the night, we got our stuff went down to the front desk and put the key in the window because the "night guard" was no where to be seen! I won't ever stay there again and I wouldn't tell my worst enemy to stay there either!

4 Thank RachelSaunders
Missoula, Montana
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Undercover Awesome”
Reviewed September 12, 2012

Without fail every time I go here and soak for a few hours I get a minimum of 12 hours of the deepest most relaxing sleep. As a huge fan of all things Montana I feel like a soak here in the coldest depths of winter is a quintessential Montana experience. The steaks are great for dinner and the few times I've made it to the breakfast buffet its been delicious. Buy good beer and wine on the way there as the selection at the local gas stations and grocery stores isn't all that great. It not Glacier or the Blackfoot River in terms of legend and attraction, but it has its merits. Maybe my insomnia makes me biased, but I love it there.

Visited December 2011