All reviews room was clean great breakfast nice stay convenient location montana
Reviewed August 20, 2018

We booked a few hours before arrival which was great. Check in was a breeze. Our room was comfortable but the pillows were really hard and the fridge was noisy so I unplugged it. I had to keep the air condition on the fan setting since when it was set to cool, it would go on for 30 seconds, off for 5 minutes then on again... while it was cooler at this setting it was disruptive. Setting the fan on constantly was more comfortable and also helped block out the talking from the people in the room beside which we could hear. I would probably stay again for a night due to convenience and affordability.

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed August 15, 2018

This is another potel, which is a motel owned by newly arrived Indian immigrants from India. The Indian family named Patel owns many motels in America, so that is why it is called a potel. The standards and customs are not what you would expect in the US, such as not as clean and unfriendly attitudes. The continental breakfast was excellent with various options. The staff needs to be more friendly and smile more, especially the older man with white hair. We had to switch rooms since the air conditioner didn’t work and smelled like dirty socks. The second rom that we were in had a broken dead bolt. Cigarette butts were all over the parking lot, around the building door entrances. They should sweep the parking lot and main hallways.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 11, 2018

Upon arrival, it was a very run down hotel. Staff was on the phone the whole time, speaking another language. We checked in, made our way to the room to find it not ready, not even close. The place was a mess! Every room was still not cleaned, it was 5pm.We went back to get a new room. It was cleaned and ready but NOT anything like the pictures on the website showed. Lino in bathroom was bubbling and a big gap between lino and bathtub. Tub was dirty. The windows didn't have a screen on them.We left! We went to the desk and interrupted another phone call the desk clerk was having but he never hung up. He just held the phone and spoke to me at same time. I asked to cancel. He told me I had to cancel with the agency I booked thru. I called Super 8 since I booked through the Wyndham website and tried to cancel. They said I couldn't because I had already checked in. The call was escalated to the Customer Service area. They tried to call the Helena Super 8 and got no where. In the end, Super 8 charged us for a night even though we spent no more than 2 minutes in that room. I contacted Wyndham and they have made a case for me and are making it right and refunding me the money but this was a huge hassle. Several other reviews said the same thing about this place not letting you cancel when you get there and see it's a dump. They should be charged with false advertising! The pictures do not look like the actual place. Very deceiving and once you get there and realize it, you are too late! They are charging your credit card anyway! I want to add that I cancelled the room before 6pm of the day of reservation which it clearly states that I can and they still illegally charged me. Don't do it!

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kyla R
Reviewed August 9, 2018 via mobile

Stayed 3 nights for golf tournament. If hadn't prepaid, would have left. Phone doesn't ring, so couldn't receive calls from my wife. Requested desk give me a wake up call, but phone never rang. Alarm clock in room did not work.
My wife asked the desk to check the phone but nothing was done. Bad smell in room. Noisy air conditioner and noisy refrigerator. Room old. Outer door to outside of motel has no lock so anyone can enter motel through this side door- unsafe. Unkept outside with lots of weeds. The phone situation and broken lock on outside door need to be corrected asap. Thus property is unsafe

Stayed: August 2018, traveled solo
1  Thank Linda B
FrontDesk_GM, General Manager at Super 8 by Wyndham Helena, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2018

Dear Linda,
We are sincerely sorry that your recent visit did not meet your expectations and that you had concerns about your safety at the property. This information will be passed on to our maintenance team, as your safety is always our number one priority. Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback in order for us to work towards a resolution so it won't happen in the future. It would be an honor if you would consider giving us a second chance to provide a superior stay next time you're in town.

Reviewed August 6, 2018 via mobile

Prices were decent so I will I’ve credit on that. The check in staff were also polite

However the room was one of the dirtiest I have ever stayed at. The outside door didn’t lock so anyone could have been coming and going, there was daylight showing into our room so we could hear everything in the hall. It smelled awful, there was questionable stains all over the bed, floor was in terrible shape, garbage still in the garbage cans.

I would not recommend staying here

Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
FrontDesk_GM, General Manager at Super 8 by Wyndham Helena, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2018

Feedback from our guests is always appreciated. We're glad our affordable rates and friendly staff impressed you. However, we apologize for any concerns about cleanliness and noise disruption. We'll pass your comments along to the appropriate staff members, and we'd be grateful for the chance to offer you more appealing accommodations in the future.