All reviews room was clean great breakfast nice stay convenient location montana
Reviewed August 11, 2018

Upon arrival, it was a very run down hotel. Staff was on the phone the whole time, speaking another language. We checked in, made our way to the room to find it not ready, not even close. The place was a mess! Every room was still not cleaned, it was 5pm.We went back to get a new room. It was cleaned and ready but NOT anything like the pictures on the website showed. Lino in bathroom was bubbling and a big gap between lino and bathtub. Tub was dirty. The windows didn't have a screen on them.We left! We went to the desk and interrupted another phone call the desk clerk was having but he never hung up. He just held the phone and spoke to me at same time. I asked to cancel. He told me I had to cancel with the agency I booked thru. I called Super 8 since I booked through the Wyndham website and tried to cancel. They said I couldn't because I had already checked in. The call was escalated to the Customer Service area. They tried to call the Helena Super 8 and got no where. In the end, Super 8 charged us for a night even though we spent no more than 2 minutes in that room. I contacted Wyndham and they have made a case for me and are making it right and refunding me the money but this was a huge hassle. Several other reviews said the same thing about this place not letting you cancel when you get there and see it's a dump. They should be charged with false advertising! The pictures do not look like the actual place. Very deceiving and once you get there and realize it, you are too late! They are charging your credit card anyway! I want to add that I cancelled the room before 6pm of the day of reservation which it clearly states that I can and they still illegally charged me. Don't do it!

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kyla R
Reviewed August 9, 2018 via mobile

Stayed 3 nights for golf tournament. If hadn't prepaid, would have left. Phone doesn't ring, so couldn't receive calls from my wife. Requested desk give me a wake up call, but phone never rang. Alarm clock in room did not work.
My wife asked the desk to check the phone but nothing was done. Bad smell in room. Noisy air conditioner and noisy refrigerator. Room old. Outer door to outside of motel has no lock so anyone can enter motel through this side door- unsafe. Unkept outside with lots of weeds. The phone situation and broken lock on outside door need to be corrected asap. Thus property is unsafe

Stayed: August 2018, traveled solo
1  Thank Linda B
FrontDesk_GM, General Manager at Super 8 by Wyndham Helena, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2018

Dear Linda,
We are sincerely sorry that your recent visit did not meet your expectations and that you had concerns about your safety at the property. This information will be passed on to our maintenance team, as your safety is always our number one priority. Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback in order for us to work towards a resolution so it won't happen in the future. It would be an honor if you would consider giving us a second chance to provide a superior stay next time you're in town.

Reviewed August 6, 2018 via mobile

Prices were decent so I will I’ve credit on that. The check in staff were also polite

However the room was one of the dirtiest I have ever stayed at. The outside door didn’t lock so anyone could have been coming and going, there was daylight showing into our room so we could hear everything in the hall. It smelled awful, there was questionable stains all over the bed, floor was in terrible shape, garbage still in the garbage cans.

I would not recommend staying here

Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
FrontDesk_GM, General Manager at Super 8 by Wyndham Helena, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2018

Feedback from our guests is always appreciated. We're glad our affordable rates and friendly staff impressed you. However, we apologize for any concerns about cleanliness and noise disruption. We'll pass your comments along to the appropriate staff members, and we'd be grateful for the chance to offer you more appealing accommodations in the future.

Reviewed August 6, 2018

Beware of this hotel. No security lock on hallway doors to the outside...outsiders are free to walk in doors and roam the halls. We booked through a 3rd party source. They (hotel manager) put us in a room with moldy bathroom floors, concave beds, dirty stained carpets, and a window view of a permanently parked RV someone appeared to be living in the back lot 5 feet from the window. We declined to stay at the property for these multiple reasons and the property manager and/or 3rd party reservation service declined to refund our prepayment...citing a no refund/cancellation policy where you cannot cancel based on arrival room/property condition. They chose to take advantage of the situation and not refund our payment when they could have...even when we only spent a total of 60 seconds in the room to observe conditions...even after we escalated within the 3rd party reservation source for support. We may have chosen to look at another room they offered but the lack of door security is a major issue with this location. They had the chance to give us the better room in the first place. I would have given this a zero review rating. DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL FOR SITE CONDITION REASONS. FOR WHAT YOU CAN PAY HERE YOU CAN FIND A BETTER PLACE IN THE SAME VICINITY.

Room Tip: Not sure there is a good room.
  • Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank thorngroup

We welcome constructive feedback from our guests, and we thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. We make the safety of our guests a top priority, and we apologize if you felt at all uncomfortable during your brief stay with us. We will review your concerns regarding the room with our housekeeping team, and work to correct any issues necessary. Unfortunately, we are unable to give out refunds with last minute cancellations after check-in as it would make it impossible for us to maintain an accurate and consistent booking record. Once again, thank you for sharing your feedback, and we wish you all the best in your travels ahead.

Reviewed August 6, 2018 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed here for a night on our way to Seattle. It was an okay room to just sleep in, nothing fancy. Not very clean, there were stains on the carpet and hairs in the shower which were kinda gross. The free "continental" breakfast wasn't much other than a waffle maker, packaged sausages and eggs, yogurt and toast. Also the bed was SUPER hard! I woke up with my side in pain from laying on it for too long. I would not stay here again.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple