“Very Good Location, Good Option in Helena”
Review of Holiday Inn Helena

Holiday Inn Helena
Ranked #13 of 21 Hotels in Helena
Dallas, TX
“Very Good Location, Good Option in Helena”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

You can't beat the location of this hotel for a stay in downtown Helena. It's right in the walking mall with a short walk to the cathedral. There are many restaurant options located very near the hotel as well.
Of course it is obvious the hotel is a little older, but the rooms were clean, decent sized and not overly worn. I stayed in a room that was not right next to the elevators, but must have been close enough that I could hear the forced air noises of the elevator movement through my A/C unit. Not overly noisy, but something that would cause those occasional sounds that have you curious until you figured out the source. So I would recommend a room further down the hall from the elevators.
All in all I would stay here again while in Helena due to the great location and decent rooms.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Joshua R, Manager at Holiday Inn Helena, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
rmcareer,

Thank you for sharing your stay with us! We are happy to hear you enjoyed our hotel and location.
I apologize for the slight noise in your room from the elevator down the hall. If you return one day and if there is anything we can do to make your next stay more pleasant just let us know at time of booking. If you let us know ahead of time it makes it that much more possible for us to meet that request. Until next time safe travels to you and yours!

Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Reviewed May 17, 2013

They advertise that kids it free, as do most Holiday Inn's. In their restaurant they advertise that kids eat for free if you are staying at the hotel and the adult orders a meal. They fail to tell you that they do not in fact eat free!!! The hotel is supposed to issue you a voucher only good for one free kids meal for the day. This is very poor practice by management and very misleading, they need to inform the guest that you are only intitled to one free kids meal for the day. On top of that the spa was not working and the pool was ice cold, yet we were still required to pay full price even though the amenities were not working and they falsely advertise how kids eat free. This hotel used to be a great place to stay, but has really been going down hill over thee past two years. I would advise travelers to look into the Holiday Inn Express or Best Western!

• Stayed April 2013
Joshua R, Manager at Holiday Inn Helena, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
RJM03007,

Thank you for your input and sharing the way you feel concerning your stay with us. I'm unsure of where the misunderstanding came from regarding our kids eat free program. The program guidelines are as follows:
kids eat free is available for kids age 12 years old and under when ordering in the hotel's restaurant from the kid's menu and when accompanied by a family member dining from the regular menu. For registered guests only. Limit 4 kids per dining family. Not available for room service or with room rates negotiated for groups of 10 or more rooms, travel industry rates or employee rates. **If ordered from your room, the meal price will apply as well as the hotel's normal charges for room service delivery, gratuity and sales tax.
We issue one voucher that applies to all children 12 years of age and under (1 per register guest per night of stay) accompanying the registered guest. We do issue one for every meal time but not everyone prefers to eat in our restaurant for every meal because of all the other dining options in the area. I hope this has helped with the kids eat free misunderstanding.

I do apologize for the spa being out of order during your stay, unfortunately mechanical failures do occur and happen unexpectedly. We maintain a safe environment for our guests and we settle for nothing less and this is the reason we chose to close our spa. We do our very best to fix any issues immediately, it's just a matter of time for the parts to arrive so repairs can be done in a timely manner. Our pool temperature is set at 80 Degrees Fahrenheit and fluctuates between 2-3 degrees higher or lower depending if we must add water due to evaporation. During your time of stay we did not have any problems concerning our pool.

I hope that one day you will consider giving us the opportunity to make it right and stay with us again. I wish you the very best in travels and would love to have you back with us again one day!

Bismarck, ND
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Just returned from my 2nd stay at this Hotel. It is a very clean and modern looking property with all the basics you need for business travel. Staff is friendly, rooms are decent size, comfortable, good black out curtains, quiet, clean, heating system is on a therrmostat so you don't need to guess what the temp setting is and the fan runs just loud enough to block out background noise. On site restaurant is OK for breakfast and lunch, and the attached Quarry Bar/Restruant has good pub type food. Since you are downtown there are other good dinning options within walking distance. Free parking. I would denifity stay there again should I return to Helena.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Joshua R, Manager at Holiday Inn Helena, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Jeff935,

Thank you for your patronage and sharing your experience with others.
We can't wait to see you again one day and fulfill your next stay with all the same pleasantries as before! Until next time Jeff, safe travels and have a great summer where ever you may be!

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

I just come back from a stay at the hotel. Overall stay was really pleasant. I enjoyed my room, and the location is amazing. However, being right downtown, it can get a little more loud. The hotel was not really busy, so it was really quiet in the hallway and in the rooms. Which I really appreciated. The only thing a little on the minus side is about the pets. That would be great to make sure that "pet friendly" doesn't also mean "allergies unfriendly". Why not keeping the pets only on certain floors? I had an allergic reaction getting in my room. The front desk lady told me that pets were not allowed on my floor, which I found odd. I guess she didn't know what she was talking about because the cleaning lady told me the day after that pets were all over the place.

Anyway, the cleaning lady was really nice and changed EVERYTHING on the bed and it went away. They're cleaning staff is amazing. The restaurant is good too.

I would stay there again if I go back to Helena, since all the hotels in that city are pet friendly anyways...

• Stayed March 2013
Joshua R, Manager at Holiday Inn Helena, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Solis087,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I apologize for the allergens you encountered, pets are normally restricted to the 2nd and 3rd floor but there are rare occasions when pets end up on other floors due to sold out nights and we are unaware of those pets coming in until they walk in the door. I am happy to hear our housekeeping staff was able to make it right for you and you enjoyed your stay! Thank you once again for sharing your story and we look forward to seeing you in the future. Until next time, safe travels!

Montana
Reviewed March 19, 2013

So if you want to explore downtown Helena, this is the best place to stay. It is near several restaurants and bars, the Blackfoot Brewery and the downtown "Gulch" shopping area.

This is an older Holiday Inn that has been refurbished and the rooms are OK, nothing special.

The hotel restaurant is to be avoided at all costs. The food is not that great and is cooked soley to get it out quickly. Burger = cheap ground beef in a pre-formed, perfectly round pattie on generic bread. The "green chili burrito" was a wet burrito filled with the vinegary pork (BBQ pork without the sauce), one jalapeno and a spoonfool of canned green chili peppers. The waitress was apologetic and offered something else, but No Thanks. It's a sports bar atmosphere.

The bar staff are not interested in you unless you are a regular.

So stay here for the lodging, or meetings, but eat somewhere else. Suggested within three blocks are:

The Meditteranian Grill
Millers Crossing (good bar food)
The Windbag
Taco Del Sol - right across the Walking Mall, great for a quick lunch
Big Dipper Ice Cream
Toi's Thai

And always check out the Blackfoot Brewery (one block away)

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor. You do have great views in either direction.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Joshua R, Manager at Holiday Inn Helena, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
ITravelMontana,

We at the Quarry Bar & Grille would like to apologize for the experience you had at our facility. Our food is prepared fresh every day and we use only certified beef purchased locally as well as Wheat Montana bread products. We are sorry that you did not care for them. We are named “Helena’s Best Sport Bar” for a reason and hope that you would give us another chance. We also have a dinner menu that is available during our lunch hours and hope that you would stop in and check it out.
Kevin Effertz
F&B Manager

I am very happy to hear you enjoyed our lodging accommodations and what our location has to offer. We look forward to your business in the future and wish you the very best during your travels!

Great Falls, Montana
Reviewed January 31, 2013

The hotel Staff were pleasant and helpful and the room was comfortable and quiet. While the hotel building is quite old it has been modernized and is very functional. Breakfast in the restaurant while not cheap was very good with pleasant and efficient service.

Room Tip: Stay away from the elevators.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dexter B,

Thank you so much for sharing your pleasant stay with us and everyone else. We hope to meet or exceed your expectations next time around if the opportunity ever arises. Safe travels to you and yours!

North Dakota, United States
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Customer service was really good, but my room was directly beside the elevator so it was really hard to sleep. The room was really clean and the beds were really comfy. I was a little disappointed when I called before my reservation to make sure my conference was in their facility just to confirm only to find out 15 minutes before it was to start it was on the other side of town... all in all a pretty good stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Joshua R, Manager at Holiday Inn Helena, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Casey S,

Thank you for expressing your concerns you experienced during your stay and also for sharing the good things. This helps us to find solutions to these issues, whether it's increased front desk training or contacting our elevator service company to attend to the noise levels of each elevator. We have chosen to shut down elevator shaft 1 in the evening through the night to help with the noise levels for those rooms close to the elevators. Thank you so much for your input and we hope to see you again one day so we can turn that average stay into a great stay!