“Good Location, Nice Clean Property”
Review of Holiday Inn Helena

Holiday Inn Helena
Ranked #13 of 21 Hotels in Helena
Bismarck, ND
“Good Location, Nice Clean Property”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Just returned from my 2nd stay at this Hotel. It is a very clean and modern looking property with all the basics you need for business travel. Staff is friendly, rooms are decent size, comfortable, good black out curtains, quiet, clean, heating system is on a therrmostat so you don't need to guess what the temp setting is and the fan runs just loud enough to block out background noise. On site restaurant is OK for breakfast and lunch, and the attached Quarry Bar/Restruant has good pub type food. Since you are downtown there are other good dinning options within walking distance. Free parking. I would denifity stay there again should I return to Helena.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Joshua R, Manager at Holiday Inn Helena, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Jeff935,

Thank you for your patronage and sharing your experience with others.
We can't wait to see you again one day and fulfill your next stay with all the same pleasantries as before! Until next time Jeff, safe travels and have a great summer where ever you may be!

Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

I just come back from a stay at the hotel. Overall stay was really pleasant. I enjoyed my room, and the location is amazing. However, being right downtown, it can get a little more loud. The hotel was not really busy, so it was really quiet in the hallway and in the rooms. Which I really appreciated. The only thing a little on the minus side is about the pets. That would be great to make sure that "pet friendly" doesn't also mean "allergies unfriendly". Why not keeping the pets only on certain floors? I had an allergic reaction getting in my room. The front desk lady told me that pets were not allowed on my floor, which I found odd. I guess she didn't know what she was talking about because the cleaning lady told me the day after that pets were all over the place.

Anyway, the cleaning lady was really nice and changed EVERYTHING on the bed and it went away. They're cleaning staff is amazing. The restaurant is good too.

I would stay there again if I go back to Helena, since all the hotels in that city are pet friendly anyways...

• Stayed March 2013
Joshua R, Manager at Holiday Inn Helena, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Solis087,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I apologize for the allergens you encountered, pets are normally restricted to the 2nd and 3rd floor but there are rare occasions when pets end up on other floors due to sold out nights and we are unaware of those pets coming in until they walk in the door. I am happy to hear our housekeeping staff was able to make it right for you and you enjoyed your stay! Thank you once again for sharing your story and we look forward to seeing you in the future. Until next time, safe travels!

Montana
Reviewed March 19, 2013

So if you want to explore downtown Helena, this is the best place to stay. It is near several restaurants and bars, the Blackfoot Brewery and the downtown "Gulch" shopping area.

This is an older Holiday Inn that has been refurbished and the rooms are OK, nothing special.

The hotel restaurant is to be avoided at all costs. The food is not that great and is cooked soley to get it out quickly. Burger = cheap ground beef in a pre-formed, perfectly round pattie on generic bread. The "green chili burrito" was a wet burrito filled with the vinegary pork (BBQ pork without the sauce), one jalapeno and a spoonfool of canned green chili peppers. The waitress was apologetic and offered something else, but No Thanks. It's a sports bar atmosphere.

The bar staff are not interested in you unless you are a regular.

So stay here for the lodging, or meetings, but eat somewhere else. Suggested within three blocks are:

The Meditteranian Grill
Millers Crossing (good bar food)
The Windbag
Taco Del Sol - right across the Walking Mall, great for a quick lunch
Big Dipper Ice Cream
Toi's Thai

And always check out the Blackfoot Brewery (one block away)

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor. You do have great views in either direction.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Joshua R, Manager at Holiday Inn Helena, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
ITravelMontana,

We at the Quarry Bar & Grille would like to apologize for the experience you had at our facility. Our food is prepared fresh every day and we use only certified beef purchased locally as well as Wheat Montana bread products. We are sorry that you did not care for them. We are named “Helena’s Best Sport Bar” for a reason and hope that you would give us another chance. We also have a dinner menu that is available during our lunch hours and hope that you would stop in and check it out.
Kevin Effertz
F&B Manager

I am very happy to hear you enjoyed our lodging accommodations and what our location has to offer. We look forward to your business in the future and wish you the very best during your travels!

Great Falls, Montana
Reviewed January 31, 2013

The hotel Staff were pleasant and helpful and the room was comfortable and quiet. While the hotel building is quite old it has been modernized and is very functional. Breakfast in the restaurant while not cheap was very good with pleasant and efficient service.

Room Tip: Stay away from the elevators.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dexter B,

Thank you so much for sharing your pleasant stay with us and everyone else. We hope to meet or exceed your expectations next time around if the opportunity ever arises. Safe travels to you and yours!

North Dakota, United States
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Customer service was really good, but my room was directly beside the elevator so it was really hard to sleep. The room was really clean and the beds were really comfy. I was a little disappointed when I called before my reservation to make sure my conference was in their facility just to confirm only to find out 15 minutes before it was to start it was on the other side of town... all in all a pretty good stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Joshua R, Manager at Holiday Inn Helena, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Casey S,

Thank you for expressing your concerns you experienced during your stay and also for sharing the good things. This helps us to find solutions to these issues, whether it's increased front desk training or contacting our elevator service company to attend to the noise levels of each elevator. We have chosen to shut down elevator shaft 1 in the evening through the night to help with the noise levels for those rooms close to the elevators. Thank you so much for your input and we hope to see you again one day so we can turn that average stay into a great stay!

Redmond, Washington
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights in early January. Great location downtown, reasonable price, rooms were clean and beds were fine. We liked the different pillow options and the view (7th floor). Best part of the stay was the staff. Friendly, efficient and helpful at the front desk and friendly and laid back at the restaurant. Breakfast food was good, dinner was just average, but the waitstaff was cheerful and happy to accommodate us in bringing a taste of the soup for us to sample and fixing drinks to custom order. Will definitely stay here again when we return to Helena in April. For a good dinner, go across the street to the Mediterranean Grill.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Joshua R, Manager at Holiday Inn Helena, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
priestlakepie,

Thank you for sharing your experience with others! We greatly appreciate hearing feed back from our guest, it helps us improve our customer service. We want you and the next guest who walk in our doors to feel at home and have a memorable experience "this is something we strive to succeed in".
Great recommendation for the Mediterranean Grill too "one of my personal favorites"! Thank you once again and safe travels to you and yours!

Neskowin, Oregon
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Had a family reunion there. My sister stopped by with her dog to say hello charged me $60 for not my dogs and not staying there. Manager very very rude. Place is something out of the 80s. Don't stay there.

• Stayed December 2012
Joshua R, Manager at Holiday Inn Helena, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
allaboutbbq,

We have policies in place to help better serve all of our guests. I completely understand how you feel about your stay and the charges for the pets, even though they were not yours. Unfortunately the pets still entered the room and that is why the charges were applied. We have our pet policy in place because of the deep cleaning involved after each pet departs, so the room is just as comfortable for the next guest(s) as it was for the previous guest(s). I hope this has helped shed a little more light on why the charges were applied and I wish you and your family the very best of travels this New Year.