“Staff was the worst.”

Ranked #13 of 21 Hotels in Helena
Neskowin, Oregon
“Staff was the worst.”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Had a family reunion there. My sister stopped by with her dog to say hello charged me $60 for not my dogs and not staying there. Manager very very rude. Place is something out of the 80s. Don't stay there.

• Stayed December 2012
Joshua R, Manager at Holiday Inn Helena, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
allaboutbbq,

We have policies in place to help better serve all of our guests. I completely understand how you feel about your stay and the charges for the pets, even though they were not yours. Unfortunately the pets still entered the room and that is why the charges were applied. We have our pet policy in place because of the deep cleaning involved after each pet departs, so the room is just as comfortable for the next guest(s) as it was for the previous guest(s). I hope this has helped shed a little more light on why the charges were applied and I wish you and your family the very best of travels this New Year.

Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Billings, Montana
Reviewed November 1, 2012

I chose this for the location just around the corner from the business I came to conduct, and they allowed me to bring my large dog. We were charmed by what should have been a cookie-cutter corporate hotel, and stayed the night after my conference because we were just that comfortable. There's a small balcony for fresh air, overlooking the walking mall and old downtown charm. A good restaurant and bar downstairs, and room service. The staff was friendly and accomodating, and the rooms were scrupulously clean. The furnishings are modern, the bed is great, the technology and services made us comfortable and capable. Normally these trips are something to endure, and the hotel just the place to sleep. This felt like a litle mini-getaway.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Jason W, Manager at Holiday Inn Helena, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Dear Juliane144,

Thank you for your wonderful review! We are extremely fortunate to have such an incredible group of dedicated & caring staff members here in beautiful Downtown Helena. Everything you have shared is exactly what we all work so hard to accomplish everyday. So thank you SO much for your wonderful gift of appreciation, it will be shared with everyone. Anytime you feel like another mini-getaway, we would love to be the place that exceeds your expectations once again. Until then, safe travels and Happy Holidays to and yours!

Jason Wood
Sales Manager
Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Room was very nice. The bed was quite comfortable. There was a sitting chair with foot stool. The room had a small balcony that you could step out on. I think one of the nicest things about the room was the a/c. It was quite and the cool air was routed such that I was not directly in the path of the cold air. For you TV channel surfers, there was about twice as many channels as what you usually get in a hotel room. The only downside to the room was the the bathroom. It was very small. If there are two of you getting ready in the morning, you will have to take turns. The shower head is very low making it hard to get under.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Joshua R, Manager at Holiday Inn Helena, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Bill D,

It sounds like your stay was very comfortable and warming! That's always nice to hear for sure and we hope to see you again one day. I apologize for the bathroom size and the shower level, upgrading our shower heads is going to be part of our future renovation plans. On behalf of everyone here at the Holiday Inn and the Quarry Bar, Thank You so much for your patronage and sharing your experience with others!

Billings, Montana
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Rooms were nice, clean and comfortable; we had a good view. Front desk staff chick was cool, nice and helpful, the bartender in the Quarry was kind of an a$$, claimed he learned how to make a Caesar from a fat Hawaiian in Waikiki, they weren’t very good. Cody, for bkfast, well he was entertaining to say the least, but never did get my coffee and H2o that I ordered.
Good location for the walking mall, to bad there was NO ONE OUT on a very nice Saturday night…not much night life in Helena but we had a ball anyway and this was a good place to stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Stomp13,

Thank you for sharing your stay with others! I will be sure to let both Ali and Cody know that you enjoyed their company also. I already discussed your issues in the restaurant with our food and beverage manager and he is addressing those issues. Thank you once again and until next time safe travels to you and yours!

Forest, Virginia
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Thus far in our stay, they've allowed us to check in early and to use their private copier. They've been nothing but helpful, offering restaurant recommendations, sightseeing tips, and local insights on the Helena nightlife scene. Love the location-- the hotel fits into the downtown, thinly disguised as a hotel in the exciting, contemporary Last Chance Gulch area. Pleased with our room; thrilled with this friendly staff's amazing service. Great location and will stay here again.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Jeff W
Joshua R, Manager at Holiday Inn Helena, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Jeff W,

I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! Please feel free to let us know during your next stay if there is anything else we can do to make your stay even better than before and we will do our very best to meet that request. After all when you or anyone else stay with us, this is your home away from home and we want everyone to feel as comfortable as they do in their own home. "That is our goal"

Thank you Jeff for sharing your great experience with all of us! Until next time safe travels!

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed October 6, 2012

I usually stay in Helena on the freeway, as a perfect break point on drives from Calgary to Utah, but this time decided to stay downtown, as I and my friends usually like to walk around the beautiful historic areas and find an interesting restaurant, perhaps with some libations. The location was perfect, and we had a great meal at the nearby Mediterranean Grill. The hotel is typical of a somewhat older inner city property, but reasonably attractrive inside and out. Breakfast was good, although the restaurant space was small and unexciting. The room and bed were good. I was happy to see the central AC, but, unfortunately, all the AC exhaust units were on a rooftop right outside the window. We had a good, quiet night. Although this is right downtown, there is very little traffic or noise. It was a good thing the guests were quiet, because I did notice that the walls were thin. Overall, I thought this was an excellent choice and would defininitely recomemnd it.

Room Tip: Avoid room right beside the first floor roof AC exhaust units
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Joshua R, Manager at Holiday Inn Helena, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Hikermeister,
Thank you for sharing what sounds like a great experience other than the AC units for our restaurant. I completely agree with your recommendation, 3rd floor and up is the best way to go! Special request are always accepted and we will do everything we can to fulfill that request.
As noted in many of our previous reviews "Location" we have it and any one of the reservations agents are more than willing to give recommendations for dining. Thank you again for your insight and we look forward to seeing you again one day!

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 16, 2012

We escaped here from the barrister b&B with its no air con to come here and swim, eat and relax in this great place. I am not a fan at all of chain hotels but this one was great.The staff were rude to my husband at one point - he had asked for a cab to the airport and checking later discovered the staff hadnt booked it. He asked why and was told it would be done (this was 24 hours later) which was followed by a rude comment under his breath from the staff. Not good. Will not be back in Montana but this is a good place to stay - about a 20 min walk to the great western hotel

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
amymajik,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us and others who use this site also!
We appreciate any and all feedback that we receive to help better ourselves as a whole, so we can provide everyone exceptional customer service. I do apologize for the experience your husband had regarding the cab followed by the under breath comment which is completely unacceptable by anyone of my staff. I'm very thankful that this has been shared so matters of this sort can be dealt with as they should always be no matter what industry it may be. Once again thank you for sharing your experience with us!