“Clean, comfortable room, friendly staff, poor internet service”

Jorgenson's Inn & Suites
Ranked #11 of 21 Hotels in Helena
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Clean, comfortable room, friendly staff, poor internet service”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

I stayed in Helena for 3 days while at a conference. The woman at the front desk was very friendly & helpful when I checked in. The room was clean and had all the amenities such as a fridge (which came in handy since I had leftovers from dinner one night), a microwave, clothes iron, blow dryer & coffee maker. The only negatives were that although they provide free internet, I had a lot of trouble with my connection. I know it was not my computer because I had no problems at the hotel in which the conference was held. I called the front desk or mentioned it to three different people but connection never got any better. This was very unfortunate since my plan was to get a lot of work done in the evenings while I was there. The only other negative was the fact that the housekeeper left two decaf coffee packets instead of one each of regular & decaf. It was nice that it was offered in the first place I suppose. I did not take advantage of the breakfast but have heard it is a great deal. I would definitely stay there again when in Helena.

Room Tip: I booked a room on the "older" (cheaper) side of the hotel but they asked if I wanted to s...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
JTuckerJr, General Manager at Jorgenson's Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Due to your specific comments about the poor internet, we've rescinded our relationship with our existing WiFi provider and now offer an open, but secure network without a third party provider. We have had no issues and no complaints since the change and I expect it to continue. Thank you for encouraging me to "fire" our poor service provider!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
Lloydminster, Canada
Reviewed October 20, 2013

My wife and I along with one other couple in our party would like to thank the management and staff at the lobby and also the staff of the restaurant for treating us to a class act service. We will never forget the welcome we received while we stayed there. The personnel were always courteous and helpful to us.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Helena, Montana
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Nice to see a quality, clean, independent hotel/motel operating in Helena. My father and I enjoyed the stay. The room was simple and not large, but clean and comfortable. This place offers rooms where we can pull up and park near the door as well as the other, hallway style. It's nice to have an option, which has become rare.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Havre, Montana
Reviewed October 11, 2013

the rooms were nice beds comfortable service was great staff was kind and friendly food at restaurant was good deal on free breakfast close to shopping easy to get in and out of motel good price on the room rooms were over all quite even with traffic on both sides of motel

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Billings, Montana
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Locally owned and operated. All of their rooms are remodeled and well maintained. Comfortable beds. Friendly staff. Breakfast in the diner is complimentary and equally good. Jorgenson's is a bargain. If there is one detractor, it would be that the parking lot is small and can be a little challenging.

Room Tip: 3rd floor rooms in the main hotel are best.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

JTuckerJr, General Manager at Jorgenson's Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Thanks for your great comments! We have worked hard this past year to improve our rooms, service and amenities. I hope the next time you come the parking lots will be better for you.
Reviewed October 8, 2013

I was here for 5 nights and didn't have any problems. It was quiet, nice HD tv, good cleaning service and no problems. Good value for my money. I didn't take advantage of the breakfast so I can't speak for that, however it was offered.

• Stayed September 2013
Brooks, Canada
Reviewed October 8, 2013

We stayed overnight at Jorgenson's in August and loved our stay! Our room was upgraded for free, which was a pleasant surprise.. the rooms were really clean, the staff was really friendly, over all a great stay. The hotel is close in proximity to alot of shopping/restaurants. And speaking of restaurants, the fact that a Free 'Served' Breakfast is included in your stay, is unbelievable! The room is already cheap enough... the meals served for breakfast are very hearty and filling... they go out of their way to make you feel welcome. The breakfast alone if you are staying with family in tow, covers at least half what you paid for the room. If we are ever in Helena again, I guarantee that Jorgenson's will be where we stay! *****

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

I will be sure to pass along your compliments to our restaurant staff. Thanks for letting folks know about your great stay!