“Not pleased”

Jorgenson's Inn & Suites
Ranked #12 of 21 Hotels in Helena
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed September 8, 2011

We paid $89 for one night. The desk staff was friendly and helpful.
However... the decor was older, not so inviting and warm. The room was cold, a window to the outside parking lot had been left open. The tv didn't get all the channels that were listed on the channel guide in the room. Our tub drained slow and you ended up standing in a 1/2 tub of water by the end of a shower. The basement hallway to the indoor pool was poorly light and drop ceiling panels were missing. The pool was cold.. the pool area was a concrete basement room with concrete beam ceiling. I swam passed a creepy bug.. and got right out. However, I couldn't really dry myself off... because all the pool towels were damp. We ordered the "hotel pizza deal" from a pizza chain that was advertised in the hotel room.. however, the pizzza place didn't know anything about the coupon and didn't give us the price break.
We couldn't get a good night's sleep because we were placed next to an outside door that loudly slammed throughout the night when guests came or went. And the walls were thin.. I was kept awake by people in the next room talking loudly.
We do not recommend.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Jorgenson's Inn & Suites

Reviewed August 28, 2011

We loved our 8 day stay! Clean rooms, helpful and accomodating staff. We could not ask for nicer people. Resturant has a wondeful filling breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 14, 2011

For a moderately priced hotel, it is a good value. Older decor. Pool is great, only wish there was a hot tub! Breakfast at the restaurant next store was excellent.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 27, 2011

We were hesitant after reading earlier reviews, but tried this hotel anyway & were pleasantly surprised! The gal at the front desk was very friendly & helpful, even offering us a triple for the same price as a double ave. she realized we were two adults with three children! The room was of better-than-average size, & clean. The pool was really chlorinated, so we didn't stay long there, but at least we knew there couldn't be amy bugs living in it! ;) Guest laundry next to the pool was very convenient for us (while the kids swam) & also cheap: only 50¢ pet wash or dry! Finally, the free breakfast was awesome with friendly service! Overall, a good value for our money!

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed June 27, 2011

The motel was dirty, housekeeping was HORRIBLE! They never even changed my sheets, I was there 6 nights! Yuck!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
crystalkelly, General Manager at Jorgenson's Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to voice your concerns, and to speak with our Guest Services Manager after your stay. We appreciate the opportunity to address and correct issues as they arise. Please let me know if there is anything else we can do for you.
Crystal Thorpe

Reviewed June 19, 2011

First off, this place is dead easy to find. Whether you're coming into Helena on i-15 or US-12, the hotel has signs you will drive right by. They also have billboards on the way into town that help ("Thru town on US-12" or something like that).

There has always been plenty of parking when I've stayed here; I parked my motorcycle under a light and where it could be seen from my window.

The very nice young lady, Melissa, who checked me in on my last two stays was very cheerful and helpful (even at 3 a.m.!) and seemed to have everything I needed before I knew I needed it (think Radar O'Reilly).

This is not a new hotel, but everything worked, and my room and all areas I saw were clean and in good repair. After riding 500 miles through the rain, all I needed was a hot shower and a comfortable place to sleep inexpensively, and Jorgenson's was perfect for that.

The Wi-Fi worked perfectly, and appeared to be a real Internet connection with upload speeds that allow one to upload photos to sharing sites, etc. Many places I've stayed say they have wireless, but they are just using cable or satellite connections where the upload channel is a modem. Not so with Jorgenson's, thank you!

And last, but certainly not least, the free breakfast was a real breakfast, served by a friendly guy who kept my drink refilled. The French toast I had was about the best I've had anywhere, and the pancakes my friend had were huge-- perfect for that teenage son going through a growth spurt.

In short, this place meets my needs perfectly. I have been trying to think of something relevant that it lacks, but can't think of a thing. About the only thing this place isn't is new and plastic-y.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed March 11, 2011

My husband and I had decided to take a different route home to see what Helena was like and arrived in later afternoon. We were quite tired and unfamiliar to Helena, so stopped in to book at this hotel. The service at the front desk was not helpful when we requested places to eat - she 'didn't know' - nor were there any brochures about the city's attractions, restaurants or shopping in the lobby or the room itself.

We found the hallways dim and musty but the room itself was clean although very small. It would be adequate for someone wanting to have a bed to sleep in with little else IF the price were reasonable - but certainly not the $97 we paid.

However, we were especially put off by the old, worn sheets which had to be continually pulled back into place and even then, I woke to find myself on the bare mattress - a most unpleasant discovery. The area is noisy - trains, an airplane at 3 a.m. and traffic added to the poor nights experience.

In the morning we decided just to head for Great Falls and 'chalk it up to where not to stay. This hotel needs an overhaul in it's corridors and new mattress pads and sheets to make it even remotely desireable for the weary traveller. For someone who would stay the second night, better beds and pillows, upgraded television, internet services, helpful brochures of the area's attractions and a map to show where those attractons are would be extremely beneficial.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
crystalkelly, General Manager at Jorgenson's Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2011

I would like to first thank you for bringing the issues you experienced to our attention. I appreciate you taking the time to do so. I am sorry that you experienced any inconvenience while staying here with us and will use the information you have provided to make changes here. Please let me know if there is anything we can do for you now or in the future.
Crystal Kelly