“Where I'll always stay in Helena”

Jorgenson's Inn & Suites
Ranked #12 of 21 Hotels in Helena
GreenLeadersSilver level
Springville, Utah
“Where I'll always stay in Helena”
Reviewed June 19, 2011

First off, this place is dead easy to find. Whether you're coming into Helena on i-15 or US-12, the hotel has signs you will drive right by. They also have billboards on the way into town that help ("Thru town on US-12" or something like that).

There has always been plenty of parking when I've stayed here; I parked my motorcycle under a light and where it could be seen from my window.

The very nice young lady, Melissa, who checked me in on my last two stays was very cheerful and helpful (even at 3 a.m.!) and seemed to have everything I needed before I knew I needed it (think Radar O'Reilly).

This is not a new hotel, but everything worked, and my room and all areas I saw were clean and in good repair. After riding 500 miles through the rain, all I needed was a hot shower and a comfortable place to sleep inexpensively, and Jorgenson's was perfect for that.

The Wi-Fi worked perfectly, and appeared to be a real Internet connection with upload speeds that allow one to upload photos to sharing sites, etc. Many places I've stayed say they have wireless, but they are just using cable or satellite connections where the upload channel is a modem. Not so with Jorgenson's, thank you!

And last, but certainly not least, the free breakfast was a real breakfast, served by a friendly guy who kept my drink refilled. The French toast I had was about the best I've had anywhere, and the pancakes my friend had were huge-- perfect for that teenage son going through a growth spurt.

In short, this place meets my needs perfectly. I have been trying to think of something relevant that it lacks, but can't think of a thing. About the only thing this place isn't is new and plastic-y.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
Lethbridge, Canada
Reviewed March 11, 2011

My husband and I had decided to take a different route home to see what Helena was like and arrived in later afternoon. We were quite tired and unfamiliar to Helena, so stopped in to book at this hotel. The service at the front desk was not helpful when we requested places to eat - she 'didn't know' - nor were there any brochures about the city's attractions, restaurants or shopping in the lobby or the room itself.

We found the hallways dim and musty but the room itself was clean although very small. It would be adequate for someone wanting to have a bed to sleep in with little else IF the price were reasonable - but certainly not the $97 we paid.

However, we were especially put off by the old, worn sheets which had to be continually pulled back into place and even then, I woke to find myself on the bare mattress - a most unpleasant discovery. The area is noisy - trains, an airplane at 3 a.m. and traffic added to the poor nights experience.

In the morning we decided just to head for Great Falls and 'chalk it up to where not to stay. This hotel needs an overhaul in it's corridors and new mattress pads and sheets to make it even remotely desireable for the weary traveller. For someone who would stay the second night, better beds and pillows, upgraded television, internet services, helpful brochures of the area's attractions and a map to show where those attractons are would be extremely beneficial.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
crystalkelly, General Manager at Jorgenson's Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 14, 2011
I would like to first thank you for bringing the issues you experienced to our attention. I appreciate you taking the time to do so. I am sorry that you experienced any inconvenience while staying here with us and will use the information you have provided to make changes here. Please let me know if there is anything we can do for you now or in the future.
Crystal Kelly
Indiana
Reviewed March 2, 2011

A great budget choice. Family owned. Clean. Free shuttle to airport. Close to Capitol. Restaurant has excellent home cooked meals at a great price. Meet local pols at the bar. Free internet computer in the business center. Exterior unit (motel style) your best value. And you can do laundy for fifty cents. Don't give them your Trip Advisor review--a sign at check in offers a free room chance if you do.

• Stayed February 2011
Canossa, Italy
Reviewed September 25, 2010

We were moving from Yellostone to Glaciers NP and we stopped in Helena just the afternoon and the night. As we didn't book anything we checked availability at the Days Inn first, but it was full booked, so we tried Jorgenson's finding a room available in the third building. We had a suite with queen size bed. Clean, large and comfortable. Breakfast was delicious.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
grants pass, OR
Reviewed September 20, 2010

Our room was in the newer building. We had a suite which was a separate bedroom and a kitchenette. The rate was very reasonable and included a coupon for a full breakfast at the attached restaurant. The front desk was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 22, 2010

The Hotel felt run down and tired. The people in the room next to ours had a headboard that banged against the wall everytime they moved so we had a disturbed nights sleep. The restaurant was closed as it was 4th July weekend so we only got a continental breakfast in the reception area the next day. Poor meal in a local Chinese restaurant both my Husband and I were afraid to eat too much as the food was barely warm.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Alberta
Reviewed June 3, 2010

Nothing spectacular about this hotel, but it is reasonably priced (especially because other hotels in Helena are over-priced!). It is clean and comfortable. Rooms - especially the suites are spacious.
The swimming pool area was a little nasty - needs some serious upgrades. Pool itself was clean, but the changing rooms appeared to have been ignored for the past decade.
Breakfast was phenomenal - too much food actually. But tasty - they definitely do not cheap out on this. Well worth it. Service in the restaurant was excellent - even when the serving staff were swamped they were friendly & efficient.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family