“Dirty Room”

Ranked #5 of 21 Hotels in Helena
Alberta
“Dirty Room”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2010

I had stayed here before & enjoyed the hotel. In the 2 years since my last stay, it's gone downhill. My room had only been vacuumed in the main traffic areas - around the table & beds it was filthy. WI-FI service was horrible - slow and kept crashing. The breakfast is really good & "Free", but I would suggest getting a cheaper hotel (this cost me $90 for a weeknight in October!) and then buying breakfast at a restaurant.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
MN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2010

Clean, comfortable room, pet friendly hotel. Nice area for pets to go outside with bags supplied and garbage can. Staff very friendly and helpful. Laundry facilities good. The free breakfast was great. You got to choose 2 eggs, pancakes and/or hashbrowns, toast, and one meat. Also all of the usual breakfast fare was there. They had a cook who would make your breakfast to order. VERY NICE!!!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Wyoming
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2010

Me and my young daughter recently found ourselves taking an unplanned trip to Montana, when we got close to our destination I made some calls around to local hotels in the area, and based on the rate and location, chose the Days Inn. This was a pretty stressful trip but the moment we walked in the front door we felt right at home and at ease. The staff was incredibly helpful and made the check-in process quick and easy! They even served my daughter an evening snack, which came in handy after being in the car all day. The rooms were clean, quiet and the beds were so comfortable! The highlight of our trip had to be the breakfast, everything you would expect to have right at home and it was hot and ready to go just as early as we were. I don't travel too often and as I had mentioned this was a last minute arrangement but I know that I will never stay anywhere else but at a Days Inn, as long as they all are as affordable, clean and come with a staff as good as the one in Helena! Thanks you guys for making a stressful trip one that I will remember for a long time to come!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
Elgin, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2009

Staring with unfriendly checkin to being woken up by loud banging on the room door by housekeeping, staff at the Days Inn (Helena Montana) did not impress me. When my key wouldn't work, staff said it should have worked but reissued another key that did work. Nice free breakfast with choice of pancakes/waffles, eggs, taters, toast and meat as well as juices and coffee. Lots of free parking outside (but not in front of room). At $80 a night with AAA savings, I probably could have got a better room somewhere else.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo
Wales
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2009

Booked this hotel on a pre-booking discounted rate which was very good value. Just a shame that the web site does not give the room size as we would have paid for a larger room.The King room was very compact but immaculately presented and despite being near the road was suprisingly .

Great suggestion for dinner at the Overland Express which had a great selection including vegetarian options.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Utah
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2009

Spent four nights at this particular Days Inn for a dog show. Location is convenient to restaurants and Interstate. Room was very quiet -- never had a problem with noise (I was told this is due to the manner in which the building is constructed) which allowed for a good nights sleep. Speaking of sleep......... the bed was extremely comfortable -- plush but not too soft. The room we were in had one queen bed and was quite small. The rooms with two beds or one king bed were larger. My only real complaint with the room was the lighting -- too dark for my taste. Maybe the larger rooms have better lighting? I didn't think to look.

A hot breakfast (eggs, pancakes, hashbrowns, bacon, sausage, toast) is included in the price of the room. Continental breakfast is also available if you're in more of a hurry.

Very friendly and helpful staff. Quick check-in and check-out.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Sylvan Lake, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2009

We arrived early on our way back from Holidays and with the second day of travelling with sick children were just happy to arrive at our layover. That was the first mistake.
Let me say upfront, the people working the frontdesk were very pleasant and professional. So, it begins, we had booked 2, 2 queen bed N/S rooms as were 3 adults and 3 children. We prebooked online through a reseller. Upon checkin we were happily advised that our 2, 1 queen bed handicapped N/S rooms were not quite ready. I informed them that we had booked 2, 2 bed N/S rooms and they apologised but said that the reseller had misbooked and because they were full I would have to take it up with the reseller. I used the "hotwire", or phone as you call it, and called this un-named resller and informed them of their mistake. The bored customer service rep listened to about half of what I told her, espescially the part that I was at the hotel in the lobby as I was talking to her. She informed me she would contact the hotel and see what she could do, So as the phone rang and I looked over to the frontdesk to watch the service rep talk to the frontdesk lady who promptly informed her again that I was actually in the lobby waiting. The solution that the two worked out was 2, 2 queen bed, Smoking rooms, which given how exhausted we were and the state of our children at the time I gladly took, second mistake. Those rooms also were not ready so we took the family to see the Cathedral and the historic state capitol building, then went to Bullman's Pizza for late lunch early dinner. (Everyone enjoyed the pizza) We arrived back to the hotel shortly after 5 PM and gladly went to our rooms on the second floor. That is until we opened the doors. I thought, how bad could a smoking room be, well, I got my answer, they were the nastiest smelliest rooms I have ever stayed in. ( again, no fault of the hotel)
I will never, not in a million years ever stay in a smoking room again, the one room was so bad my wifes asthma was acting up.
We opened the windows, cranked the air conditoning and tried to de-smellify the rooms with limited effect. The rooms themselves were clean (other than smoke smell, but what do you expect) but rather small. As this was the most expensive of our 2 star drive dives I was expecting a little, I don't know, more, I guess. And I was sorely dissapointed. The rooms had no mini fridge, what hotel/motel room does not have a mini fridge these days, it's bizzare. Also our rooms backed right onto a main drag and if it wasn't the jacked up diesels throating by it was the boombox boys with there bass only crapcars and I swear they just kept circling the block around our hotel.
And the biggest peave of all, I was looking forward to sleeping in a non double bed, but these queens were the most uncomfortable beds out of the three 2 stars we stayed at on our trip. And they have one icemaker inconveniently placed on the first floor by reception, the last thing I want to do when I'm in my night pants is walk down to reception. So, in the morning they serve a hot breakfast to the adults, commendable and took a bit of the sting off the whole experience, but as my cheapest motel was $39.99 a night and this was $59.99 a night I figure I could have found a twenty dollar breakfast anywhere. The $39.99 hotel was better than this one, but it was also in Utah, so it's kind of an apples to oranges deal.
As I said, the staff were great, friendly, courteous and tried to be accomodating to us.
The problem is the hotel/motel itself, it's just not good. I overheard someone booking in as were were trying to do the same and the price they were given was $91.00 a night, absolutely not worth it.
The frontdesk person offered us a 15% discount next time we were through but even a 100% discount would not entice me to stay there again.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family