“Enjoyed my stay”
Review of Days Inn Helena

Days Inn Helena
Ranked #5 of 21 Hotels in Helena
Reviewed September 2, 2012

We had booked 3 nights the end of August. When I had originally booked I had requested one queen. I like one bed in the room because you have more space in the room. At least it was always the case except for here. Apparently their one queen is a considered a single queen and it was so small there was no way I could spend 3 nights in there. I spoke to Hannah at the front desk and there was no problem changing the room to 2 queens. She was actually the girl that I had booked the room with and she did apologize that she didn't mention how small the room was.
She showed me the room which was only a couple of doors from where we were. She was wonderful and very helpful. The 2 queen room was fine plenty of room. Room was very clean. Bathroom was very small as was the vanity and sink that sat outside the bathroom. As other reviewers had mentioned you do get a small menu that if you want breakfast in the morning check off the items and hand them to the cook. I didn't eat this as I usually like fruit or yogurt but my husband did and he said it was pretty good. The cook does make the eggs the way you like them but I believe the bacon and pancakes are precooked and just heated up. They also have complimentary popcorn, coffee and juice available 24 hrs and serve a snack from 8 to 8:30 pm - cookies and milk and one night chips and salsa. The only problem was with the wifi if you got on real early in the morning it wasn't bad but later on forget it -- it was so slow it wasn't worth trying it out. Overall it was a very quiet, clean hotel - it was a pleasant stay and would stay again.

Room Tip: If you reserve a one queen room be advised it is very small - I inquired and all the single queens a...

Reviewed August 25, 2012

I spent four nights there, so I got to know the place. I was impressed that the counter lady gave me a free upgrade on the first floor, which was a very nice touch. However, I heard a conversation between her and another visitor talking about smoking rooms, and how much they both liked to smoke. (more about this later).

The room is fine, it has a nice desk for work, acceptable wifi, a nice TV, microwave and fridge. Things were clean and it was pretty quiet, even being next to a busy street.

Breakfast was great; you select items on a small menu and the cook make it to order. Nothing fancy, but fast and easy. Too bad the coffee was poor (Seattle person speaking).

However, between cooking chores the cook runs outside the front door and smokes like a bandit, for about 10 minutes. Right directly outside the front door! So if you are getting your vehicle ready for the day you have to inhale horrible smoke on each pass. Personally, cigarette smoke makes me feel ill, so this is a big deal to me. Some states have laws about smokers being a certain distance from doors, but apparently not in Helena, MT.

Please, employees (and smoking visitors), find a different place to puff your vile habit. Not where everyone else has to endanger their health too (millions of people have died from second-hand smoke).

Solve that problem and you get 5 stars.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 21, 2012

We stayed at the Days Inn Helena after a long 10 hours drive from Edmonton, Alberta. We had booked in advance and paid $86 for a room with a queen bed. The girl at the front desk when we checked in was funny and had a lot of personality.

The room was basic and clean. Pretty small with not much room to walk other than around the bed. The hotel overall is fairly dated but everything is still clean and neat. I liked that there was a bathtub in our room. They charge $1.50 per day on your bill for the safe, so make sure you tell them to take the charge off when you check out if you didn't use it.

Hot breakfast is included. You get a little slip of paper with the choices on it and hand it to the cook in the morning. I had bacon, eggs and hashbrowns. I didn't much like the bacon (very soft and fatty) and the hashbrowns sort of tasted like a paste. There was fruit available which is nice. I like to take an apple or two for the day. The guy doing the cooking was pleasant.

I intended on using the fitness room, but it turned out to be three machines - a treadmill (broken), a bike and an elliptical - in the same room as the sauna so it was incredibly humid and hot. It would probably be dangerous to do cardio in that room!

The lady at the desk when I checked out was also nice. The location is great but Helena is pretty small so everything is close. I would stay at the Days Inn again if I were to visit Helena. I had a good stay but it is after all an average hotel.

Reviewed August 14, 2012

Pretty nice Days Inn

Never seen a Days Inn where they cook your eggs/bacon/sausages on order: very impressed

Good location, near Albertson’s grocery store and other malls

Main street – easy to find

Front desk staff was friendly and helpful.
We had to stay in town due to a flat tire and the front desk gave us a good last minute rate.

Would go back if in the area and looking for a budget friendly motel

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 13, 2012

We called from away and had no problem booking a room.
The front desk clerk was very helpful and the checkin process was very easy.
The beds were very comfortable, but there was a dark hair in one of the beds. Hopefully it was from the housekeeper. When we reported it to the front desk in the morning, they immediately notified housekeeping and advised the staff to be attentive.
There was no noise from adjacent rooms or the hallway.
The free hot breakfast of pancakes, eggs & bacon was hot, but very greasy. There should have been a better selection of fresh fruits.

Reviewed August 6, 2012

The staff at Days Inn Helena was the highlight of our stay, but the breakfast, room quality, and amenities were pretty good as well.

I had several requests for the front desk staff during our 4 night stay, and they helped me with everything we needed. We changed rooms to accommodate my husband’s injury, and the housekeeping & front desk staff made it easy. The accessible room was larger than the 1 Queen room and of course, had accessible features in the bathroom including a hand-held shower wand.

Breakfast was excellent, and the cook always had a smile for every guest. I wish the Days Inn had trays to carry food to the room, but with so many tables in their dining area they probably don’t expect many folks want to dine in their rooms.

My least favorite aspect to this property is that the smoking area is very close to the front door.

I’d definitely stay at the Days Inn if I’m in Helena again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 23, 2012

We usually avoid Days Inn almost as much as Motel 6. We decided to try this one because it received a President's Award with a 5 Sunburst rating. We were really glad we did. The room and common areas were very clean. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The price was reasonable. Checkin was quick and easy. We were given 2 forms to fill out at checkin that let us pick how many eggs, pancakes, hashbrowns, bacon, or sausages (choose any 2) we wanted cooked for us. We were told to give the slips to the COOK the next morning. She was fast and courteous with the really tasty food she prepared. Checkout was quick and painless. We give this place a 4 thumbs up!!

Room Tip: The rooms were on the small side (think Microtel) but large enough for the two of us. Also, if you h...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple