“we were disappointed”
Review of Days Inn Helena

Days Inn Helena
Ranked #5 of 21 Hotels in Helena
Reviewed August 18, 2011

We were really disappointed in the room. The carpet was unbelievably dirty. Our grand daughter had to wash her feet again before going to bed because they were just black ! We took our baths, then put shoes on before walking on the carpet. The staff was not particularly helpful when questioned about some of the services. We had a room for 4, but had to go to the front desk to get enough towels & wash cloths for our showers. I used a hand towel to sit on the chairs, with my clothes on, thinking that I didn't want my yellow slacks to get dirty.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Judy G

Reviewed August 14, 2011

Rooms were clean and the beds were fine. At Just over $70.00 for one night (double) I thought that for a Days Inn it was just about right.

The "free" full service breakfast bar was fantastic.

Room Tip: Clean and comfortable
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GreatNorthTraveler
Reviewed August 5, 2011

So I checked into a queen room. It was in the west or possibly south wing - to be clear, that is the one behind the reception area and to the right. Strong smell of cigarette smoke in the hallway right outside my room (looking around...where is the lounge? Casino nearby? nope) and in the room - also a smell of cigarette smoke. The room was tiny - just enough space to walk around the bed. I lay down on the bed for a moment. The whole area was damp and smelly and I could clearly hear the TV from the room next door. Could I sleep in there? I went to visit my friend, who was in the east wing. His room was completely different - it was like a normal hotel room: no smells, decent space, thick walls. I went to ask for a room change, and they upgraded me for free to a king in the other wing.

In retrospect, it seems that the original room was in an original hotel which was expanded later. From the outside the windows on that side are smaller, and inside the hallway was narrower even though the upholstery and carpeting matches all over the hotel.

From there it was great. The hotel (the east wing, anyway) was quite nice and the staff very helpful. I didn't eat the breakfast but it's not the popular do-it-yourself kind; they actually give you a ticket for this one.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank AnnaBaldwin
Reviewed August 3, 2011

We stayed here after being delayed into Helena on a recent return flight. Arrived at 11pm and check-in was fast, professional and pleasant. There was fresh brewed iced tea and popcorn available in the lobby - both nice touches (iced tea for me, popcorn for my wee one :)

The room was spacious and impeccably clean. Nice surprise to find a microwave and fridge. The beds were comfortable; linens were clean. My only (minor) complaint would be that the pillows were, umm, like logs... but this indeed boils down to personal preference and did not detract from our stay (or a good night's sleep). Easy location to find, very central. Breakfast was hearty and fresh, with good variety.

Before our departure, the desk clerk even popped more popcorn for my son (she went out of her way to do this!) - everyone was friendly, helpful and super accommodating. Highly recommend the Days Inn!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank 27polecats
Reviewed July 2, 2011

The service was wonderful and the fron desk clerks where very helpful. Helped on finding a good place to eat.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Bubushka
Reviewed May 24, 2011

After reading the previous reviews we hasitated to enter the Days Inn but reservations were made some months back. Our experience was completlely different, the staff was friendly and helpfull, the room was comfortable and clean, the shower was hot, the internet worked well, the excercise room was ok, the room was not noisy and the "cook to order" breakfast was a nice change from the usual continental breakfast. The location is easy to find with dining choices nearby. Maybe it is different in the colder months but we recomment this hotel for an overnight stay, it is not a resort but a good choice for a night..

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank flyingdutchmanblue
LSvir, General Manager at Days Inn Helena, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to let us know you had a good experience with our Days Inn. We hope to see you again on your next trip to Helena. Thank you again, and have a great day.

Reviewed April 18, 2011

So we drove all day long this night we stayed here and we were so tired.! We got to the hotel around 7 or 8 pm and tried to sleep around 9 pm but we just couldn't. The heater in the room was one of those old heaters were water pops when it gets cold or something. So i'd fall asleep for about 5 mins and then all of a sudden BANG!!! Im not talking a little bang either. This happened about every 5 mins.! Also the walls are paper thin! There was people staying in the next room and we can here them having a normal tone conversation! The service at the front desk was also terrible.! AND TO TOP IT ALL OFF WE DIDN'T GET A REFUND!!! (we checked out at about 11pm)

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple