“If you want to feel like you're at home, don't pass up Sander's B&B!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Helena
Sanders - Helena's Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 7 Helena B&B and Inns
Baton Rouge
“If you want to feel like you're at home, don't pass up Sander's B&B!”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

When I first made my reservation for Sander's B&B in Helena, MT, I was sceptical whether I would like staying there. I had never stayed in a bed and breakfast before and thought perhaps a hotel would be better. In Bobbi's email she said we would be staying in the Ringling Brothers suite on the first floor...What? Should I bring my red clown nose?

I could not have been further from the truth in my thinking; and, boy, am I glad I did not change my plans. The suite was indeed decorated in a Ringling Brother theme, but since Rock is a direct descendent of one of the original Ringling Brother's, everything was authentic, even down to the elephant harness that hung in the bathroom. The room was absolutely beautiful with it's own door out to the balcony and a cosy sitting room off the main hall. The dining room and parlour had a wonderful Victorian charm. It was just like staying at your favorite Aunt's house. The home-made breakfasts were delicious and very large. No need to eat lunch because you were so full, I have to say, however, that Bobbi & Rock's company were the best part of our stay. They are so very accommodating and absolutely charming. I would have sworn they were from the South, like me, except for their wonderful Montana accents. YOU BETCHA!

I will definitely be staying there again if I ever get back to Montana. Might just have to make a special trip. Such a quaint town and check out "The Bray" (Archie Bray Foundation) if you're ever there.

2 Thank lacajun70

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Friendly Innkeeper Bobbi has done a remarkable job with this fantastic B&B. Located in a beautiful neighborhood within walking distance of downtown (and a little longer walk to the Montana State Capitol), the Sanders is a great building, with a carefully decorated interior, excellent breakfasts, midday lemonade, and extraordinarily comfortable rooms. By far one of the best places you can stay in Helena.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Jet39
Belton, Missouri
Reviewed October 7, 2012

The Sander's is now run by a 4th generation Ringling. The home is absolutely BEAUTIFUL. It is immaculate. Bobbi couldn't be sweeter or more interested in each one of her guests. We stayed in the Sander's suite on the first floor and all I can say is Wow!!. Imagine a bathroom that is so large that the head piece worn by one of the Ringling elephants hanging on the wall isn't too big. The room has a clawfoot tub and a wonderful and large seperate shower. All of the antiques in the house are exquisite. I could go on and on about the furnishings. I was able to see some of the other rooms and they all are beautiful. Even though it is on a semi-busy street it is very quiet. Almost too quiet I was afraid we were going to miss breakfast one morning. And you don't want to do that. The chokecherry syrup, yum. Fresh cookies in the afternoon are also available. As others have said you are within a short walk to the cathedral and the open walking mall downtown. I can't image any place better to stay than at the Sander's when you are visiting Helena.

2 Thank wanderingwonders
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Reviewed September 27, 2012

We stayed at the Sanders for 2 nights and really loved it! Our room was Teddy's Buckaroo room, up a flight of stairs, but well worth it! Large, well decorated with period furniture, terrific king bed, lovely large bathroom with separate tub and shower, a full length mirror, reading lights for each side of the bed, separated dressing area, just well thought out.
The breakfasts were delicious and timing very flexible, which was much appreciated. Bobbi and Rock are great hosts and are so knowledgeable and helpful! We will stay here again when in Helena.

Room Tip: We liked our room very much, but the downstairs room is also great for those who like easier access.
2 Thank chicosmama
Durango, Colorado
Reviewed September 15, 2012

My husband and I and a friend were mountain biking the Continental Divide from Banff. After 700 miles, we were exhausted and decided to stay in Helena to rest up for a couple of days. We found a veritable oasis with the Sanders B&B. Bobbi took us in offering lemonade and cookies. We had nothing clean to wear and so she put a load of our very dirty clothes in the laundry. The rooms were spacious. The beds comfy. The breakfast conversation delightful. The food was scrumptous especially the french toast with homemade chokecherry syrup! The B&B has been beautifully restored. Bobbi and her husband have been running the B&B since 1987 and you would think you are their most important visitor even still. The location is perfect, walking distance to downtown restaurants and shopping as well as the State Capitol. If I'm ever back in Helena, this is where we are staying!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank JodySueF
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed September 14, 2012

How I wish I could have spent more than one bed at Sanders - I absolutely fell in love with the house, as well as the innkeeper. I stayed in the room on the bottom floor, which came with an antique bathtub and candles for late night baths. The room itself was impeccably furnished with paraphernalia from the Barnum & Bailey circus, which I originally thought would be garish, but blended with the decor perfectly.

The breakfast was INCREDIBLE, and the innkeepers were more than happy to heap it on my plate :o) Plus, the location of the B&B is perfect - just minutes away from downtown, and a short ride from beautiful hikes up Mt. Helena.

I loved it - if you stay in Helena, make sure you stay here!!!!! :o)

Room Tip: Choose the room on the bottom floor, off to the left with the claw-footed bathtub. It is absolutely...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Anooprerna
Bloomfield Hills MI
Reviewed September 2, 2012

My husband and I spent one night here in order to break up the drive while traveling between Glacier and Yellowstone in Aug 2012. So glad we did. This place lives up to its reputation as worth a side trip. The room was lovely, the bed was very comfy and the place is filled with fabulous antiques. The place is very quiet and very relaxing. Breakfast was very good. My husband dislikes B&B's, mostly because the owners are generally pesky and he generally feels like a guest in a stranger's home. But he genuinely liked this place, and so did I. The owner, Sue was not around during our stay but her husband did a great job of taking care of us. Thoroughly enjoyed our breakfast conversation with him. Thanks for the very pleasant stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple