“Quick respite from a long day”

Great Northern Carousel
Ranked #5 of 51 things to do in Helena
Useful Information: Activities for young children
Useful Information: Activities for young children
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Carousels are one of my favorite rides & this does not disappoint. Worth a view of the beautifully restored horses & other animals. Restaurants & ice cream makes this treat complete.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Loved my float... and the daughter liked the carousel.... :-) she and the husband also enjoyed their homemade ice-cream. I'd go back.

Reviewed August 22, 2012

Great if you have young kids, inside carroussel has AC and pleasent place to spend bout 30 minutes, plenty of parking spaces all around if you go on weekends.

Reviewed July 28, 2012

This is a great place for a birthday party and that's just where we had my grandson's third. For children 3 on up to preteens they will love riding the carousel and trying to grab that golden ring. My older granddaughter grabbed the golden ring 3 times and was pleased as punch with herself and excited with the free passes she got. We brought a cake for the party and paid for everyone to have ice cream which was enjoyed by all. I only have to say that we're sorry about all the soda spills we had to have the staff come clean up, but you know little kids. The staff is excellent and didn't mind that we overstayed our welcome by about 20 minutes past their closing time. We have had at least 5 or 6 birthdays in the past at the Carousel and will continue coming back. Thanks!!!

Reviewed July 28, 2012

It had a place where the riders could grab a ring each time they went around. The kids loved it. Also, had Huckleberry ice cream which I have only found in Montana and Idaho.