“Fabulous birthday gatherine”

Ranked #3 of 173 Restaurants in Helena
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner
Description: Welcome to On Broadway. We are a casual sit down restaurant in the heart of Helena's historic downtown. We offer a world cuisine with emphasis in Italian with fresh made pasta and west coast fusion using a variety of fresh fish and jazzy sauces.
Reviewed October 17, 2018

Our family gathered at On Broadway in Helena, MT, to celebrate an 80th birthday. It was a perfect evening with some of the best Italian food we've enjoyed. Great service and very reasonable prices. We make it a habit to dine at On Broadway every time we visit Helena.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed October 6, 2018

When learning of our trip to Montana, a former high school classmate who has lived in Helena for many years recommended On Broadway for dinner. Thanks to him for a wonderful dining experience. Helena reminds me of Sarasota, Florida, a relatively small town with lots of things to do and so many outstanding restaurants, a real tourist delight. On Broadway, located at 106 East Broadway Street in the bustling and historic downtown area, offers Italian dishes and seafood in an exposed brick dining room. The menu is a mixture of everything my wife and I enjoy. And it is prepared in a way that tingles your taste buds. Some interesting and unique items, too. For starters, we ordered an antipasto plate with pastrami and cream cheese rolls, salami and cheese selections with assorted olives, pickles, peppers, nuts and crackers. And, best of all, grilled mozzarella skewers, baguette finger sandwiches with fresh mozzarella, prosciutto, roasted red peppers and fresh basil skewered and grilled until crispy outside, warm and tasty inside. We also shared a Caesar salad with Romaine lettuce, croutons and freshly grated parmesan cheese tossed with house-made Caesar dressing. It was so good we almost forget the entrees, which also were excellent. My wife had shrimp and scallop pancetta, large sea scallops with large Black Tiger shrimp with Italian wind cured bacon and vegetables sauteed in light fennel cream sauce and served on a bed of linguine. I chose the 8-ounce filet mignon, fresh beef tenderloin wrapped in bacon, grilled and served with fresh mushrooms sauteed in rosemary garlic butter and roasted garlic mashed potatoes. Other diners were touting the lasagna, halibut piccata, oven roasted salmon and 14-ounce ribeye. For dessert, we went light, sharing scoops of raspberry sherbet and spumoni. Others raved about the huckleberry rum swirl cheesecake. At On Broadway, there's a lot to like.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed September 17, 2018

I was craving lasagna last week. On Broadway was my restaurant of choice. I was not disappointed. The salad, the bread & the lasagna was excellent. I wasn’t planning on dessert. Who can pass up huckleberry cheesecake. A great meal for a great price.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed September 12, 2018

Casual restaurant opened Mon--Sun---takes no reservations---very popular with the locals---very good menu selection---homemade pasta

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed September 10, 2018 via mobile

Once again Trip Advisor reviewers led the way to great food. ON BROADWAY located in the downtown area is an Italian ideal spot. With waiter Sean nothing was a problem. The eggplant parmigiana appealed but I wanted the delicious meaty version of sauce not the vegan version. Done. This eggplant was not greasy or smothered in bread. Superb. My wife had Broadway chicken with mushrooms and pesto Home made linguine. Both our plates were emptied. Meals begin with fresh garden lettuce leaves with choice of dressings. Wines a generous pour and reasonably priced. We arrived at 5:30 after a long travel day and the place was already filling. We were given a booth under a balcony, bit disconcerting with the steps and squeaks above. Driving thru town, this is a winner.

Date of visit: September 2018

Been to On Broadway? Share your experiences!