“Ideal location for a conference”

Best Western Premier Helena Great Northern Hotel
Ranked #1 of 21 Hotels in Helena
Reviewed September 12, 2013

I stayed here two nights for a conference. Overall the hotel is newish and very modern with tasteful decor. The conference facilities worked out well: no IT problems or overly heated or cooled rooms, always a plus! The sound insulation was very good as well as we didn't experience any noise from the hallways or other conference rooms.

The room itself was very clean and had all the necessary amenities to relax and a get a good night's sleep. The conference room rate couldn't be beat at $83. The breakfast selection was very good with a variety of items including hot food (scrambled eggs, sausage, etc) along with plenty of other options,coffee, tea, juices, and more. I didn't use the waffle maker as I try to avoid carbs, but it was a popular station in the breakfast room.

The location is on the edge of downtown near Carroll College. The property itself is in an area called the Great Northern Town Center, a newer redeveloped area with restaurants and entertainment.

I would stay here again the next time I find myself in Helena.

Room Tip: We stayed in a room on the third floor facing west, which is a quieter area than the east facing low...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank EcoMontana
Montana406, General Manager at Best Western Premier Helena Great Northern Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2013

Thank you for your kind words! We hope you can come back to Helena and discover all the fun the city has to offer! Marti Bara, GM

Reviewed September 9, 2013

We chose this hotel as a central location for a reunion between my husband and two of his high school classmates who have not seen each other in many years and live in Reno, Tacoma and Sioux Falls. We were all so impressed. This beautiful property is located in a secluded cul de sac without a lot of big signage. The lobby is elegant and we were greeted immediately by the front desk. Our suite was beautifully furnished with a separate seating/TV area. The bathroom was beautiful. As this was an inside suite, the lap pool was directly outside our sliding doors, which made it a bit noisy when a couple of youngsters were in the pool. However, I really wish I had brought my swimsuit so I could have taken advantage of this beautiful pool.
We dined both evenings in the hotel restaurant and were not disappointed. Our waitress the first evening was Kelly and on the second night, Michelle. Their friendly, efficient service made our meals enjoyable. The food was delicious and beautifully presented. They were both knowledgeable, making excellent suggestions on the menu, funny and made us feel at ease.
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Great Northern and would love to return again soon.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Montana406, General Manager at Best Western Premier Helena Great Northern Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

We find we are the location of many special reunions - sounds like your was wonderful! Thank you for allowing us to be part of it! I hope you will come again - Helena has much to offer our guests. Our best to you! Marti Bara

Reviewed September 9, 2013

This is a beautiful upscale hotel that you would expect to find in any large city. Having never visited Helena, MT before i did not expect such a beautiful facility. Service was first rate, our room was luxurious. The restaurant and bar attached to the hotel is excellent as well. We enjoyed 2 nights in this hotel and would love to come back and visit Helena again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you thank you! We take great pride in our property and our staff! Our goal is to keep you longer then you expected :) We hope you will have an opportunity to come visit us again! Marti Bara, GM

Reviewed September 9, 2013

My husband and I arrived planning to stay three nights. However, on our first night, my husband became ill around 9pm which necessitated a trip to St. Peters Hospital ER. Immediately, the hotel offered their shuttle to the ER (it was already dark outside and I didn't know my way around town). Then, when I was ready to return to hotel at 3am (my husband was admitted to the hospital for three days), the shuttle picked me up. Throughout the entire stay -- which ended up being eight nights -- Marti Bara, General Manager, and her staff were very attentive to our every need and continuously expressed their concern for my husband and my comfort. I have to say, if you are travelling and have an unexpected illness occur, this hotel was the perfect place to have it happen. The Silver Star Steak Company on site is an exceptionally good restaurant... and in Montana you can order a cocktail to go... very helpful in these circumstances.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your kind words - we are pleased to have had you as our guests. We take pride in taking care of our guests - we hope you will have an opportunity to come see us again. Enjoy your visit in our great state - Warmly, Marti Bara

Reviewed September 5, 2013

We arrived at 3 AM in the morning. Had a bit of trouble finding the place because it is partially hidden, partially because of the long drive. The sign is not visible from the main streets. Our GPS was bemused too!

Loved the railway art, and the railway over the checking desk.

Since we got in late, we got up late for breakfast, and were the last people eating. The continental food was not very good obviously as it was 4 hours old. We checked out and headed on our way.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Montana406, General Manager at Best Western Premier Helena Great Northern Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Thank your for posting your comments on Trip Advisor. What a short stay - we hope you will be able to come to see us in Helena again. Marti Bara, General Manager

Reviewed August 30, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel a couple of times and it is always a pleasure! The customer service is exceptional, the rooms are a very nice size, the décor is beautiful, the bed is very comfortable with a multiple choice of pillows. The amenities are great right down to handy umbrella is case it should rain. The location is very charming with several options for dining. I found the free breakfast to be above my expectations in a very clean breakfast room. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Montana406, General Manager at Best Western Premier Helena Great Northern Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

Thank you for your recommendations - we certainly value our guest feed back and hope you will continue to make us your "Helena stop" - Marti Bara, GM

Reviewed August 30, 2013

Allegedly the best Hotel in Helena. Swimming pool great for laps and no one in the pool allowing freedom of use. Staff friendly and helpful.Noisy in the only Suite they have due to proximity to the pool, hot tub and vending machine. Floor in Suite had spill on it but every thing else was tidy and clean. They have a shuttle bus to the airport every 1/2 hour which was nice.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Marleen - I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your swim in the "lap pool". It really is ideal for those who enjoy doing laps. We take great pride in our staff and our property. We hope you will stop in again to see us! Marti Bara, GM