“Best Best Western I have ever stayed in!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Best Western Premier Helena Great Northern Hotel

Best Western Premier Helena Great Northern Hotel
Ranked #1 of 21 Hotels in Helena
lawrenceville,ga
“Best Best Western I have ever stayed in!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2011

I typically do not book my stays at Best Western but I was speaking at a conference and my client booked this hotel for me. THIS WAS THE NICEST BEST WESTERN I HAVE EVER STAYED IN! The hotel was clean and modern. Staff were super friendly! Breakfast was good! My room was quiet and comfortable. Thanks for a perfect stay!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank motherjanegoose
MBara, General Manager at Best Western Premier Helena Great Northern Hotel, responded to this review, January 2, 2012
Thank you! Our goal every day is to please the guests! Thank you for taking the time to respond on Trip Advisor - we look forward to seeing you again!
Marti Bara

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2011

An additional perk of staying at the Great Northern is their pristine indoor pool. The water temperature is perfect -- neither too warm or too cold. They have an indoor hot tub, also. The pool area is spotlessly clean.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MBara, General Manager at Best Western Premier Helena Great Northern Hotel, responded to this review, December 29, 2011
Thank you for your response! We are so pleased to know you enjoyed your stay - we hope to see you in 2012!

Missoula, Montana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2011

I have stayed here a few times for business. I have mixed feelings with my stays. However there is a friendly staff, clean facility and a location great. Breakfast bar is sub-par.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
MBara, General Manager at Best Western Premier Helena Great Northern Hotel, responded to this review, December 21, 2011
We appreciate you taking the time to comment on Trip Advisor. We enjoy our business and convention traverlers and wish you a happy holiday season!

Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2011

I recently stayed here a 2nd time. My first experience was very pleasant with a great room and nice service. This time however not so much. I got a king exec room so it was larger and a corner room. That was nice but the room had an odor similar to that of a nursing home. Also, the bathroom door was so close to the toilet that I had to stand next to the toilet to get the door to close. Also the tv was located on the side wall so watching it in bed was difficult without getting a stiff neck. The front desk was very nice and pleasant, but I would not recommend getting a king exec in the future - just a poor layout. A regular room is just fine. Also, the pillows in this room were average at best. WIth that said, it still is in a nice growing location and the attached restaurant has great food!

Room Tip: Just get a regular room and avoid the king exec
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
MBara, General Manager at Best Western Premier Helena Great Northern Hotel, responded to this review, December 19, 2011
Thank you for responding on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay with us. We are unique in that no 2 rooms are alike and I believe we can meet your needs. Your comments are greatly apprecated and we learn from each one! Enjoy the holidays! Again, thank you for your time in letting us know.

Lewistown, MT
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2011

I frequently travel for business and stay in various hotels and cities in Montana, but this was my first time staying at the Best Western-it was wonderful! The room was comfortable and clean, the shower head was wonderful, the wireless internet was quick and easy to access. Usually I have more time and utilize the exercise area and pool, I didn't get to do that this time, but they both were very inticing! The location was directly accross from Carroll College and sat within short walking distance to a movie theater, shops, restaurants, and an old fashioned carousel!
I was also able to take advantage of the continental breakfast which has fresh fruit (more than just bananas and apples) and scrambled eggs with Rosemary seasoned potatoes (both of which looked freshly prepared rather than previously frozen).
In Helena I have also stayed at the Fairfield, the Wingate, the Days Inn, and the Red Lion. Next time I come to Helena I would CERTAINLY choose the Best Western over all of those for overall comfort, convenience, and quality.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Merseyside
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2011

I have to say that our recent stay at the Best Western Premier Hotel, Helena Mt was one of the best I've had in recent years. After a long drive from Billings MT we arrive late afternoon tired and hungry. The front desk staff were very help, ensured we had a large quiet room and pointed us to several local restaurants, one of which, a local brew pub came particularly recommended and just fit the bill. Over the couples of days we stayed at the hotel nothing was too much trouble for the staff. The hotel was modern, large, well-appointed and close to all the central attractions of Helena. The onsite restaurant, whilst not being owned by BW provided one evening meal of superb food in a relaxed atmosphere. All I all we loved our stay and will certainly visit again next time we visit this part of Montana.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank FreddyMerseyside
Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

This was our third visit to Helena in the last four years, and we really enjoyed our first visit to the BW Great Northern. First, if you've not stayed in a "Premier" Best Western anywhere, you have to understand that it is not what you are used to with this chain.

The lobby is very inviting, and there are 3 computers for guests to use, as well as complimentary breakfast (good selection and also an attentive employee). The room is very well appointed and although the bedside table showed some wear on top, overall the room is very nice. the shower head and water pressure were great. Nice selection of bathroom amenities. Beds were very comfortable and had at least 3 or 4 pillows per bed. I later noted in the BW guest survey that I wished they offered a flatter pillow to compliment the puffy ones, but this was not a major setback. They also offer daily complimentary newspaper.

The location of the property is very nice in that you can walk throughout the
central downtown area, including a cinema complex and various restaurants, etc.
Helena has a very interesting central business district with historic areas and
buildings as well as the new contemporary area anchored by this hotel. Even has an old time carrousel and ice cream parlor next door in an attractive park area.

While the rate is probably the highest in town, this hotel simply commands it...as it is
certainly geared for meetings and conventions. This was not our purpose, however, and we noted that guests included many families, couples, fly fishermen et al.

If your budget will allow it, I heartily recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple