Quality Inn Helena
$130
Jorgenson's Inn & Suites(Helena)(Great Value!)
$80
Hotels.com
$95
$93
ComfortSuites
La Quinta Inn & Suites Helena(Helena)(Great Value!)
$99
$173
Baymont Inn & Suites Helena(Helena)(Great Value!)
$109
$134
HIExpress.com
$140
Orbitz.com
$149
$134
Hampton.com
All reviewsbreakfast was standard fareguest laundryfront deskup to dateone night staypknoisemotelbedswifihallwaylobbytruckaccommodationscarpet
Reviewed August 11, 2010

Spent the night in Helena after a long day of driving. At the time, it was difficult to find rooms in the area so spent the evening at this particular property.

This property appears old from the outside, & furnishings within our room were also dated. We required a good night's sleep & was surprised that the beds actually met our needs. Despite the appearance the room was clean. Breakfast was nothing special, was your typical continental breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 26, 2010

A fairly typical Quality Inn. Friendly front deskperson. Even though it is right next to the freeway the room was surprisingly quiet due to the dual pane windows. The first thing I noticed in the room was the extremely worn green carpet. It was worn right through to the white backing near the door. The breakfast was between just so-so and average.

For those needing to resupply on a road trip, there is a K-Mart right next door. A Perkins restaurant is nearby. I usually count on a predictably fairly good meal at Perkins but was a little disappointed with this one. Although when I complained they took 50% off my $10 meal tab.

If you're just stopping for the night this is okay, but I found myself going to the next freeway exit to do most of the touristy stuff.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank BJDealer
Reviewed April 17, 2010

We stayed at this hotel last night, choosing it as part of a Choice Hotels promotion. Reading the reviews made us a bit nervous so we asked to see a , this will probably king room before actually booking. It was huge with very nice newer furnishings and immaculately clean. The bathroom is very modern with attractive tile. The ladscaping is a bit rough around the edges but the lobby is very nice and tastefully decorated in western decor. The frig in the room made a bit of noise but we travel with a white noise sound machine so weren't bothered by it. Simply unplugging it would have been another solution. N ow that we've stayed here once we'll probably stay here again our next trip to Helena when we're seeking clean modern accommodations at a value price.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 23, 2009

I should have known from the dark green carpeting lingering over from the 70's or the dust pile of a lawn, that I should just sleep in the car for the night.
Good:
- $80 a night not bad compared to some hotels
-working heater (mostly), refrigerator, microwave, tv
-If you have been driving not stop and just need a place to sleep and arn't afraid of left over shower hair.

Bad (and so it begins):
- Advertises high speed interent; however wireless connection is extremely spotting and the routher I'm closes to won't connect so I have to steal from another part of the building, I'm holding on to at least two bars of connection right now.

- I don't expect a great view when on the road, but a dirt alleyway facing a k-mart is setting the bar pretty low.

- Worst of the worst, when I entered the bathroom I saw a hair in the shower, not a big deal I'll just wipe everything down with soap. While cleaning a room I paid for, there had to be over a dozen strands of hair and some dirt on the bottom of the shower. I think bigfoot was the last guest in my room.

-So far no noisy neighbors, but as with most hotels you can here doors opening and closing, and people out in the parking lot, yeah!

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank lvoregon
Reviewed June 14, 2008

We were there for 6 nights. The place is clean and the bed comfortable BUT there was no knob to adjust the fridge (according to the owner the knobs on all the fridge's were removed because people kept changing the temps (huh?)). It is a contest if the trains just outside or the whine of the fridge will be more annoying. Unplugging the fridge, turning on the A/C and keeping the window closed was the only solution. The "Continental Breakfast" is minimalist. There's only one washer and drier for guests' use. When I asked for some extra hangers I was give one wire hanger; according to the owner's wife, that was all that was there. They have an evening deskclerk who was by far the most sarcastic, unpleasant gal I've ever run into in a "service" position. I had a run-in with her our first evening when I made the mistake of asking for change for the laundry. I went out of my way to avoid her for the next 5 evenings. The owners are trying hard to make the place look nice and the housekeeping women were great.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple