“Begin Psycho music . . . and cue the werewolf to shave.”
Review of Quality Inn Helena

Quality Inn Helena
Ranked #15 of 21 Hotels in Helena
lvoregon
“Begin Psycho music . . . and cue the werewolf to shave.”
Reviewed March 23, 2009

I should have known from the dark green carpeting lingering over from the 70's or the dust pile of a lawn, that I should just sleep in the car for the night.
Good:
- $80 a night not bad compared to some hotels
-working heater (mostly), refrigerator, microwave, tv
-If you have been driving not stop and just need a place to sleep and arn't afraid of left over shower hair.

Bad (and so it begins):
- Advertises high speed interent; however wireless connection is extremely spotting and the routher I'm closes to won't connect so I have to steal from another part of the building, I'm holding on to at least two bars of connection right now.

- I don't expect a great view when on the road, but a dirt alleyway facing a k-mart is setting the bar pretty low.

- Worst of the worst, when I entered the bathroom I saw a hair in the shower, not a big deal I'll just wipe everything down with soap. While cleaning a room I paid for, there had to be over a dozen strands of hair and some dirt on the bottom of the shower. I think bigfoot was the last guest in my room.

-So far no noisy neighbors, but as with most hotels you can here doors opening and closing, and people out in the parking lot, yeah!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank lvoregon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
New York
Reviewed June 14, 2008

We were there for 6 nights. The place is clean and the bed comfortable BUT there was no knob to adjust the fridge (according to the owner the knobs on all the fridge's were removed because people kept changing the temps (huh?)). It is a contest if the trains just outside or the whine of the fridge will be more annoying. Unplugging the fridge, turning on the A/C and keeping the window closed was the only solution. The "Continental Breakfast" is minimalist. There's only one washer and drier for guests' use. When I asked for some extra hangers I was give one wire hanger; according to the owner's wife, that was all that was there. They have an evening deskclerk who was by far the most sarcastic, unpleasant gal I've ever run into in a "service" position. I had a run-in with her our first evening when I made the mistake of asking for change for the laundry. I went out of my way to avoid her for the next 5 evenings. The owners are trying hard to make the place look nice and the housekeeping women were great.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — comfortable, clean room
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk

Travelers are raving about these Helena hotels

Wyoming
Reviewed February 19, 2008

I arrived at Helena very early and call hotel for eary check in, and people in front desk told me they need to clean the room and within 15 minutes the let me check in. I went to room and found out room is very clen and great room.I comes to Helena atleast 2 to 3 times in month and some times I have one more person with me, I am stayig here now onwords. I will reccomends all my friends to stay here.

Joe Naglich

Stayed February 2008
1 Thank Verysharp
Mommywith2
Reviewed June 20, 2007

I stayed at this hotel June 2007. The hotel was ok, but the service they offered made it the worst hotel I've ever stayed with. The staff was incredibly rude and inconsiderate. Next time I will pay more just to have a friendly face!!

• Stayed June 2007