“No complaints”
Review of Shilo Inn - Helena

Shilo Inn - Helena
Ranked #18 of 21 Hotels in Helena
Reviewed November 13, 2012 via mobile

We were passing through on our way to Nevada . Front desk people were very nice and helpful upon arrival. Room was good value for the 2 of us , very easy to find as well. Rooms were a little outdated but what do you expect. I would stay again if I was passing through again

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank craig j
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn - Helena, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2012

Dear Craig J,

I am glad that you found our desk agents pleasant upon your arrival and your room fit your needs during your stay. We do hope that you choose to stay with us again the next time you are passing through Helena.

Thank-you for your comments!

Reviewed October 10, 2012

I considered this hotel average. They had a nice indoor pool and complimentary minor breakfast and wireless, but there was a musty odor at the entrance to my room and just didn't consider my stay too special. This would probably rate 6.5 out of 10. You'll probably have a satisfactory, if average, stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank RoadTripToSFO
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Rooms are small and dark. Jaccuzzi and steam room inoperative. Indoor pool was cold. Hallways are narrow. Continental breakfast as a side table in front office. Probably the poorest quality Shilo Inn on the planet. Housekeeping was fairly poor (pet hair everywhere.)

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn - Helena, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2012

Dear bikerdude76,

I am sorry to hear that our hotel did not meet your expectations.
I will immediately talk to maintenance about the pool, steam room and Jacuzzi issues as I have not heard of any problems previous to your comment. I will immediately notify housekeeping to look out for any rooms that have pet hair in them and make sure to give them a deeper cleaning. We generally reserve pet rooms to only people travelling with pets. We do have rooms that pets are not allowed in. Attention to detail is so important to us. We will be checking our rooms with more detail.

Thank-you for sharing this information with me. I do hope that you will try us again on your next trip to Helena.

Reviewed August 4, 2012

Got a great rate on "name your own deal" site. Arrived very late after fishing. Front desk was nice and accommodating. Rooms are large. Our room at the end of the hall was a nice size. Everything was clean and in order. Room layout is older style with sink, vanity, etc outside of the bathroom and in the "foyer"/entry to the room. Water pressure was fine and temp was fine. HVAC worked perfectly. Modern television. GREAT INTERNET SPEED which is critical to some folks. Beds were nice and firm. Parking lot was rather full and having a trailered boat was a problem and we had to park on a side street which was fine, however if that street would happen to be full parking with a trailer could be an issue.

Limited interaction with the front desk but each time they were just amazingly pleasant.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo

Dear Jeffrey S.

Our goal at all Shilo Inns to provide clean, comfortable and affordable rooms, with great customer service. I am glad to hear that this is what you found during your stay with us.

Thank-you for taking the time to share this with other travelers. We hope you stay with us again soon!

Reviewed July 19, 2012 via mobile

Caalled ahead a couple of weeks ahead of time since this was 4th of July week and we were seeing several relatives. We talked to Michele(?) and arranged all of the rooms and rates, location,etc. We even had our reservation details in writing by fax to make checkin easier. At checkin we wre informed after our long drive that Michele is not authorized to give any quotes or promises. The GM who is Kathy( Michele's mother) was quite rude about everything! Needless to say we were upset but we had no choice but to checkin since it was too late to obtain other lodging. What a nightmare!! The rooms were small, but clean. Indoor pool that's sooo tiny- and a miniature hot tub that was broken. It was one thing after another. Kathy was NOT nice . They had metal keys and halfway through the week they had a surprise lock change!! What a hassle... Best thing about this place is the housekeepers! If u r in a bind and going through for 1 nite it would do- just don't plan a vacation here!! Plenty other places close by!!!

• Stayed: July 2012
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn - Helena, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2012

Dear Alboise1,

I am pleased that you took the time to write a review on your most recent stay at Shilo Inn-Helena. I am glad that our guest room cleanliness met your standards. I do have an awesome housekeeping staff. The hot tub has been repaired since your stay. The locks being changed was necessary for all of our guests safety. If you feel you were treated rudely, I certainly, with all sincerity, apologize to you. If you would take the time to call me with information on your stay, I would like to look into your comments further.

Reviewed June 27, 2012

After reading all the reviews on this page before going I was somewhat reluctant, especially concerning cleanliness and quality of mattresses.. what a pleasant surprise as we arrived ! We had a nice big room at the end of the hall , very quiet, no disturbances what so ever, very clean ; beds were great and it was such a pleasant experience. We only had staff interaction at check-in, very friendly and I am sure if we would have had any requests they would have been met by them.
I most certainly will stay at Shilo Inns in the future and more certainly recommend it to family and friends. Thank you for making our stay in Helena so pleasant.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Montanamamalein
Management response:Responded July 5, 2012

Dear Montanamamalein,

We at Shilo Inn Helena are very happy to hear that you had a good experience while staying with us. Our goals are to always provide comfortable & clean rooms with a great customer service experience. We will be looking forward to having you stay again!

Thank-you for taking the time to submit your comments.

GM Helena

Reviewed May 20, 2012

I just stopped in at this hotel as I am on a lenghty trip and was looking for someplace that was clean and comfortable (and had a pool). I would say that the hotel is getting a little dated but was reasonably clean.
The hotel is a 2 storey building with no elevator so it was a little difficult transporting the luggage up and down the stairs as there seemed to be a lot of doors to open and close.
The pool was ok. The hot tub was nice and hot but it was the smallest I have ever seen in a hotel. The maximum capacity is 2 adults.
There is a continental breakfast that has toast, bagels, cereal and some pre packaged muffins. Food was good but as the hotel is older there is no place to sit so you have to take it to your room.

Room Tip: get on the main floor to avoid stairs.