Shilo Inns Helena
$209
Jorgenson's Inn & Suites(Helena)(Great Value!)
$80
$78
Hotels.com
Days Inn Helena(Helena)(Great Value!)
$94
$139
$130
$76
$166
ComfortSuites
$164
Baymont Inn & Suites Helena(Helena)(Great Value!)
$71
$59
Hotwire.com
$143
HIExpress.com
$118
All reviewsopen hoursparking lothot tubfree wificomfortable bednevadadowntown
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 20, 2012

I just stopped in at this hotel as I am on a lenghty trip and was looking for someplace that was clean and comfortable (and had a pool). I would say that the hotel is getting a little dated but was reasonably clean.
The hotel is a 2 storey building with no elevator so it was a little difficult transporting the luggage up and down the stairs as there seemed to be a lot of doors to open and close.
The pool was ok. The hot tub was nice and hot but it was the smallest I have ever seen in a hotel. The maximum capacity is 2 adults.
There is a continental breakfast that has toast, bagels, cereal and some pre packaged muffins. Food was good but as the hotel is older there is no place to sit so you have to take it to your room.

Room Tip: get on the main floor to avoid stairs.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
shiloinns, General Manager at Shilo Inns Helena, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2012

Dear travellfar,

We are so glad that you chose to stay with us and that your stay was satisfactory.
Our hotel is clean and comfortable, with new updates in progress almost daily.
Next time, just ask the desk agent for a room with no stairs. We will be happy to set that up for you.
Thank you for taking the time to write the review.

Kathy C.
GM

Reviewed April 23, 2012

I said those exact words 3 weeks ago, but I was returning to Helena again, and the price was right at the time. Traveling with 3 young children, word of the pool was more than half of the choice. The morning of checkout we had a few hours for the kids to swim but the pool was being serviced. No notice, no warning, no discount and of course no refund! But I was dumb and booked there again. The pool was functional this time, although FILTHY! The room itself was not much better... hair on the bathroom floor and in the tub, previous guests used coffee filter still in the pot. Out of order vending machines and milkless cereal for breakfast is not really what we had envisioned. The staff however was super friendly, even when we had to move rooms because our 1980's television didnt work. 3 of us have sensitivety to animal hair and we spent the whole night sneezing. I guess I should have asked for a pet hair free room!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
shiloinns, General Manager at Shilo Inns Helena, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2012

Dear Tatum R,

I am saddened to hear that your stay with us did not meet your expectations.
There are times that our pool area must be closed for reasons beyond our control.
It is unfortunate that we had to close the same day you were here. Our goal is
to always have clean guest rooms and pool area. The staff has been advised of
your comments and and additional training is in force.
I thank you for your comments and do hope you will not give up on us.

Kathy C

Reviewed October 5, 2011

When we checked in we had an unusual request and the staff handled it first rate! We had brought a trailer along with us and we wanted to park it nearby. There was room, for a couple of days, so we were allowed to park the trailer in the hotel parking lot, for which we were grateful. We wouldn't expect to be able to due this every time but this time it worked out.

The staff was great during our stay. The beds were comfortable and the location was perfect for the meetings we were attending. We wouldn't hesitate to come back in future.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Mtblujeans
Reviewed September 18, 2011

Just went for the price. Small breakfast area in reception office (like other review mentioned) and we ate back in the room. (There were yogurt cups...) Room has fridge, microwave and coffee maker. We too were one nighters, so we spent most of the time at the free tour of the capitol building and historic society museum, both highly recommended. No public computer provided but they had wi-fi. I also noticed electrical hookup for rv's and electric vehicles. Caution: street out front is one way, so to return from west side of town, turn left on side streets BEFORE hotel and use back streets to get to one-way street and hotel entrance.

Room Tip: PIck second floor or higher - less steps to walk up/down.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MauiNotKaoi
Reviewed September 2, 2011

This hotel was booked for us by the organization we had booked a round trip with. We were not allowed to change so we had to stick with what was on the list unless we paid extra ourselves (which we have done on 3 occasions). The building looked very tired. Reception very tiny, receptionist (manager I presume) not overly friendly, business like. Which is OK. Went to our room on the first floor with the entrance door in the corner. As we entered a guy came out smoking! While it's a non-smoking hotel. The (carpeted) entrance looked very dirty, was not hoovered and it smelled tired, humid, odd. Our room smelled the same as the entrance. There was toiletpapier in the toilet so I assumed it had been used after it had been cleaned. Can't say anything negative about the rest of the bathroom or the room, it all looked clean. But it was dark and with those dark very old fashioned thick bed spreads and dark furniture it was rather depressing. Because of the toilet issue we requested another room. The manager sounded surprised and went to check herself. When she got back she didn't say anything but gave us another room. Which was the same in darkness and smell, but this time with a hair on the inside of my sheet. Yuk. I turned it round because my husband didn't want to go and look for another hotel. It was quiet enough, no complaints there but then it didn't look full at all. Breakfast? No breakfast! There were pre-packed muffins, a few slices of bread in a plastic bag, still there from the previous evening when I had seen it lying there, coffee and tea and that was it. Nowhere to sit and we certainly didn't want to eat in our room. Mind you, as we both don't eat muffins, there wasn't much to eat. So we walked along the road towards the centre to find another hotel for breakfast. We ended up at a place I believe called Johnson. Well, don't go there!! One of the most awful breakfasts I've had.
As we were booked in another Shilo Inn later on we decided to skip that one; we didn't want another experience like this.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
shiloinns, General Manager at Shilo Inns Helena, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts regarding your recent stay at the Shilo Inn, Helena. It is through feedback from our valuable guests that we can continue to improve our hotel and services. We regret that your stay did not meet your expectations and we will use your comments as a learning tool as we go forward. Your concerns stated have been addressed and we will continue to make improvements to insure every guest has clean comfortable accommodations every time they stay with us.
We hope that you will give us another opportunity to be your home away from home the next time you are in Helena, Montana.

Kathy Carey